Ads

Patch Notes 22/4/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Emissary
Community Management

Re: Patch Notes 22/4/2017

Post#81 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:11 am

Everyone can say your class is better than mine so stop whining about my class til their blue in the face. We all are going to have differing opinions, one says the tactic hurt shammys, another says Chosen is less OP than kotbs, who is right ... it all depends on what colored glasses you are wearing I guess.

I say that destroy confidence was in the game, same as pounce, to slow the faster faction down. Who was given that speed to combat the white lion and the other factions snares. Taking the tactic out and nerfing pounce only increased the survive-ability of another factions class/classes. Again so many people will flame saying your right/wrong whatever i am indifferent. I have played every toon in this game to well over rr80 on live and am very comfortable on both sides of the ball game. Yes there are distinct advantages out there between one class or another, but destroy confidence in my opinion wasn't the problem it was the solution developers put in the past because they knew all the classes and came up with a counter. Do we need the same tactics, the same abilities, heck no that is what i used to love about this game, there were no mirrors. Now though it is whomever can pull the right person's chain the right way may/may not get what they want. I have said it before though, folks, thanks for the game it is my pleasure to be here and your hard work that allows me the honor
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Ads
tionblack

Post#82 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:20 am

TenTonHammer wrote:
tionblack wrote: Guess you have problem reading what i am typing
I said not as much as choosen does,
ORlly?

Encouraged aim
Slice through
Dirty Tricks
Focused Mending
Banish Darkness
Runefang
Rugged
Unstoppable Juggernaut
Gilded shield
Coordination

Pick 4 cause it dosnt matter "how many tactics" you have when you can only use 4
tionblack wrote:
Order tanks needs the same what they have.Cause you see game was desıgned lıke order chars are stronger but destro counters ıt vıa hıgh morale pump.If you nerf classes like kotbs crit tactics,destroy confıdence etc. ıt goes to same level wıth the strenght of chosen without morale tactic. Thats why i am trying point something out.Please be fair and fix this issue.
Wrong, Kotb's group utility still far outshines that of Chosen and if you want all the factiosn to be the same, go play chess

this is an assymetrical game one faction wont get all the toys of the other, plain and simple

SO tell me then why dıd they nerf % 10 crit to % 5 and removed kotbs tactic Shatter confidence if its not assymetrical?I mean this game is about rvr and warband fights and order tanks have no morale building tactic at all. In the time you build morale 4 in a fight ill be having morale 2s. As i stated above original developers made order chars slightly stronger and ın return they gave destructıon characters morale pump tactics and sınce we get nerfs on classes there is a huge power gap between order and destro then because destro warband will build morale four ridiculously faster than order.

Also about the tactics you mentioned above.Rugged,Banish Darkness,Unstopable juggernaut,cooordination
and some more also chosen got them.
(dirty tricks dropped to % 5 from % 10,destroy confidence removed,encouraged aim requires greatsword to work(could use wıth shıeld before)))
But when i type .ab changelist on choosen i see nothing ...

I dont mind the differences its what makes game colorful but this morale pump tactics are just overwhelmingly powerful.

kill Droll you Kill this Server. DROLL is Community :wink:

Luth

Post#83 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:18 am

Several morale tactics seem to be buggy: https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/9484

Order crit potential was nerfed/fixed because it was ridiculous. The same can be said about destro debuff potential, e.g. abundance of wounds debuffs or that all important debuffs concentrated on one specific melee DD. This should be fixed rather than buffing the utility of the kotbs, who has still amazing utility.
Dabbart wrote:Balancing means that one class is weak and so you improve it, or a class is very strong so you weaken it.
That's my opinion too, contrary to the "infinite growth" faction, who thinks that buff everything, nerf nothing will actually work.

tionblack

Post#84 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:07 am

Luth wrote:Several morale tactics seem to be buggy: https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/9484

Order crit potential was nerfed/fixed because it was ridiculous. The same can be said about destro debuff potential, e.g. abundance of wounds debuffs or that all important debuffs concentrated on one specific melee DD. This should be fixed rather than buffing the utility of the kotbs, who has still amazing utility.
Dabbart wrote:Balancing means that one class is weak and so you improve it, or a class is very strong so you weaken it.
That's my opinion too, contrary to the "infinite growth" faction, who thinks that buff everything, nerf nothing will actually work.

Bless you ,you made a fair point.And with that bugtracker post we see how broken and overwhelmingly powerfull destro warbands are.I said what i wanted to say in the uppers posts.Cheers!

kill Droll you Kill this Server. DROLL is Community :wink:

Fyoshinite

Post#85 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:18 pm

Take chances, make mistakes, and get messy!
Spoiler:
Balancing classes is one of the most important parts of a healthy MMO lifecycle -- we all know that. There should be a certain gravity to making such widespread choices, but at the same time change can be good.

The important thing is putting yourself out there and being receptive to (valid, well thought-out) feedback. We're all students when it comes to making RoR a better game. You'll never learn the important lessons if you hold everything back.

Larger 'safer' companies have their hands tied behind their back when it comes to making changes to their games. They have big reasons, financial reasons. This dev team can make changes that no other MMO can make because they are beholden to no one. Let that sink in for a second. We can make a product that grows in fundamentally different way from other MMOs because we can work together and test things that no other group can test.

I'm excited to see what other changes you have planned for us.

Penril

Post#86 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:10 pm

Fyoshinite wrote:Let that sink in for a second. We can make a product that grows in fundamentally different way from other MMOs because we can work together and test things that no other group can test.
Not really, because as soon as something new and different is implemented, we have dozens of players crying and complaining and shouting and insulting.

Rozackroo
Suspended

Post#87 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:24 pm

Penril wrote:
Fyoshinite wrote:Let that sink in for a second. We can make a product that grows in fundamentally different way from other MMOs because we can work together and test things that no other group can test.
Not really, because as soon as something new and different is implemented, we have dozens of players crying and complaining and shouting and insulting.
Well since they don't need the money from them they don't need to listen to them.
Besides people crying in the forums are often a minority because people who support/like the changes mostly don't bother mentioning it in the forums. They are busy playing/enjoying the game.

Dresden
Banned

Post#88 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:59 pm

Penril wrote:
Why you no staff anymore? :lol:
Last edited by Dresden on Wed May 17, 2017 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Ads
Penril

Post#89 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:04 pm

Pretty much for the same reasons Aza went inactive.

Dresden
Banned

Post#90 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:19 pm

Penril wrote:Pretty much for the same reasons Aza went inactive.
Oh well. :|
Last edited by Dresden on Wed May 17, 2017 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q