Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 13/5/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Sulorie

Re: Patch Notes 13/5/2017

Post#61 » Sat May 13, 2017 1:44 pm

Cimba wrote: A lot of procs work "On Hit". AFAIK "On Hit" means that only direct damage hits (AA, abilities) have a chance to trigger the proc. This would mean that they don't trigger e.g. on DoT ticks. Is that correct?
Yes, correct.
Dying is no option.

Ads
hacbjr

Post#62 » Sat May 13, 2017 1:54 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Careers - Chosen
- Crippling Strikes now functions off critical damage from single target attacks only.

Great change, all you had on game was chosens running 2h and spamming Rending Blande.

freshour
Banned

Post#63 » Sat May 13, 2017 2:11 pm

FYI the 50/50/50's are based of their RR. So in killing 30 players, I had 1/50 and 0/50 0/50 - Is there any shot this can be changed so we can get the seals?

We had an open WB for like 30 minutes, and it was just 2-6 mans running around trying to snipe kills and all answered they get more seals as small groups. If the 50/50/50 awarded for all kills in that zone/tier then Destro might actually form a WB and not stick to small groups/solo.

Cimba

Post#64 » Sat May 13, 2017 2:19 pm

Sulorie wrote:
Cimba wrote: A lot of procs work "On Hit". AFAIK "On Hit" means that only direct damage hits (AA, abilities) have a chance to trigger the proc. This would mean that they don't trigger e.g. on DoT ticks. Is that correct?
Yes, correct.
No point in getting it on dot BW then. Too bad. Looks nice though.

roadkillrobin

Post#65 » Sat May 13, 2017 2:20 pm

Spoiler:
zumos2 wrote:
Haojin wrote:
Spoiler:
zumos2 wrote: Or Phalanx suddenly running 2H chosens after we reported the bug?
Hey, as robin said before we knew it for a long time and we ran with 2 2hander chosens in the past for testing. The profit isn't a big deal in the current state of the game. You can test/see it by yourself if you lead a destro warband. I just saw the bug report on github and it's totally random - btw thanks to pxl to report bugs on WL- . For spreading debuffs properly, you need 2-3 of these classes in the warband and sadly you'll gimp yourself way too much if you do that. [ same like marauders morale drain ]

Here's another tip: You can stack CS + Challange + Wind-Woven Shield at the same time. Should we use it, on the paper yes, are we running it, hell no. Winning is all about spike damage in this game, sadly, there is no point to run turtle specs or setups.

For a proper usage 2hander chosen in warband:

1-You need a choppa in that chosens party for spamming rending blade. [chop fasta]
2-Chosen gonna gimp himself by using 2hander unless he's high level and bis gear. [the only chosen who can make it horsewhisperer atm and he's still too squishy in zergy atmosphere. and if you think he's by himself TOO effective, i'll clap him for doing a good job cause we dont feel ANY difference.]
3-You will lose 1 HTL
4-You will lose morale potantial from that chosen.
5-Your guarded target will be in danger due to get how easly 2hander chosen be CC'd.

I think it's a fair trade-off, and the WHOLE dread tree for chosen designed around CS, so we'll see what Torq gonna tweak in the future otherwise that tree will be trash for warbands.
peterthepan3 wrote: Didn't report it during this time? :/
We thought, it's working as intented same like WL's :)
Just focus on fall damage+procs matey.

Even if CS doesn't stack with Challenge I still would run at least two Chosen with it. CS is one of the main advantages from destro over order. With proper gearing I definitely believe you should be able to be tanky enough. I would say 5-6 HTL's should be enough so that isn't a big deal. Having 2 choppa's in the warband is quite standard I would say, so I don't see that as a problem. I don't see why 2h Chosen would be that much more susceptable to CC. You most likeley will get both immunities in the start of every fight and spam slowed regardless of your class/gear. Sure you will defend more attacks with the shield, but I don't believe it matters with the CC spam that is always there. Besides the person you are guarding should always be looking at where their tank is and if he is CC'd in a problematic way. Main disadvantage obviously is losing the morale pump on two Chosens. Is it worth losing those two extra razes for CS? I would say it is myself.

Situtionally Yes. But now you can't so.

freshour
Banned

Post#66 » Sat May 13, 2017 2:29 pm

So my understanding is that this nerf was based on a bug? So why is WL pet not nerfed since it is extremely bugged damage wise?

The only rationalization I can think is that this was an AOE bug and WL pet damage bug is single target? If that was the decision made obviously I'll swallow it but if bugs are taking priority over the viability of a spec, then why is WL pet and using all 3 abilities in a few seconds not being addressed and shelved as unfixable?

Krima

Post#67 » Sat May 13, 2017 2:35 pm

after 10 years..they change something that wasnt even OP...lol .. Doenst make any sense nerfing CS at all. RIP
How to play chosen 2h now ?
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

th3gatekeeper

Post#68 » Sat May 13, 2017 2:37 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Careers - Blackguard
- Moved Force of Fury to 5 points (note this is PERCENTAGE based critical reduction, not a flat reduction)
- Moved None Shall Pass to 13 points, reduced the cooldown to 10s.
Sweet. More options isnt bad.
wargrimnir wrote: Careers - Chosen
- Crippling Strikes now functions off critical damage from single target attacks only.

Sooo.... this basically kills 2H Chosen? I get there was a bug about it applying more than once... but this basically killed the build - a build that I cant say was over performing in any fashion....

wargrimnir wrote: Torquemadra
- Reworked the Tier 3 kill quests which reward seals, they now give more seals per hand in and players between 16-40 can take them.

Destruction Quests are -
The Gifts of WAR!
This is WAR!

Order Quests are -
The Gears of WAR!
WAR is Upon Us!

Quests are bugged. Had a 2 man, debolstered into Greenskin T3, killed 20+ players and got 1 kill towards the 50/50/50 quests. Got MANY DBs too...

I SUSPECT its based on renown rank and many of the players were either SUPER low RR or above 40... might want to consider adjusting this or fixing it.

Thanks for the hard work!
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

Ads
th3gatekeeper

Post#69 » Sat May 13, 2017 2:42 pm

hacbjr wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:
Careers - Chosen

Great change, all you had on game was chosens running 2h and spamming Rending Blande.

Right, because there were so many warbands running around with 2H chosens in RVR....
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

Krima

Post#70 » Sat May 13, 2017 3:03 pm

th3gatekeeper wrote:
hacbjr wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:
Careers - Chosen

Right, because there were so many warbands running around with 2H chosens in RVR....
they nerfed because it was stacking with chalange ? see bugtracker...so instead of fixing the bug..why not nerf the CS to the ground
:lol:

trained to hunt and pack assault next skills to get nerfed since they are broke atm ?
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek: