Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 13/5/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
sanii

Re: Patch Notes 13/5/2017

Post#71 » Sat May 13, 2017 3:07 pm

Krima wrote: trained to hunt and pack assault next skills to get nerfed since they are broke atm ?
these 2 got fixed in the patch (it isn't in the notes tho)
<Pxl> <Luewee> <Fhc> and many many more!
[Deep and Dry] - Order
[Dark Omen] - Destruction

Ads
th3gatekeeper

Post#72 » Sat May 13, 2017 3:29 pm

Krima wrote:
th3gatekeeper wrote:
hacbjr wrote:

Great change, all you had on game was chosens running 2h and spamming Rending Blande.

Right, because there were so many warbands running around with 2H chosens in RVR....
they nerfed because it was stacking with chalange ? see bugtracker...so instead of fixing the bug..why not nerf the CS to the ground
:lol:

trained to hunt and pack assault next skills to get nerfed since they are broke atm ?
Yeah... I guess I dont see it being broken though.

To really take advantage of Crip Strikes... You have to be a 2H chosen - which means you lose a shield which makes you WAYYY squishier... In RVR is massively noticable how much less tanky you are.

Also, you have to get withing 25 feet to even using a skill like Rending Blade... Usually by the time you get within range to even have CS be useful and proc on people, MULTIPLE people have already died....

If anything, make Crip Strikes 2H only, so SNB cant get it. Let it stack with Challenge. Done.

2H wasnt "OP" by any means... Now there is no reason to even go 2h... Once they make auras more "Focused" itll completely kill any 2H Chosen. Unless they want to un-nerf Ravage Damage or something... But still... I thought 2H Chosen tree was a "perfect" design for how to do the tanks.

2h offered unique benefits via rending blade + CS + OB... Which was able to be used as a "defensive" benefit to the group... So you COULD make the argument that 2H chosen wasnt total trash.... Now, there is no such argument.

I just fail to see how this was broken or messed with balance or anything in RVR or even SCs (where it was arguably the strongest... but last I checked DEvs said SCs were "mini game" so why ruin a build over a mini game).

if anything, Morale Dumps should have been visited for a balance pass BEFORE this was considered OP.... I jsut fail to see it... after years of playing a Chosen (both SNB and 2h) in hundreds of SCs and TONS of RVR... I cant say I ever felt "OP" on my 2H Chosen....
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

saupreusse
Developer

Post#73 » Sat May 13, 2017 3:41 pm

drmordread wrote:
Sulorie wrote:
drmordread wrote: You have rr pots for jut green seals, can we have rr pot for just purple one? Please? I and most players spend hours powerleveling out of the boring tiers, now you are requiring we go back to being lowbies in t2 and t3. Why?
Because less mindless zerg, more small scale fights and fun in general. :P

I have played t3, the zerg is just as mindless. All you do is fly from one zone to another taking it in 15 to 20 minutes, then rinse and repeat. This goes on for a few hours, till people get bored and switch realms, then rinse and repeat at this. ANDDDD... to top it off, people go and activate t2 zones, the most boring part of this entire mmo.

At least in t4 you are not wearing gimp armor, and are not gimped by missing tactic slots.

More importantly, a lot of classes do not come fully into their own till t4, so basically you are playing either gimped toons or OP ones.

Please, stop romanticizing t2/t3. The only reason they are there is so that low level toons do not have to fight higher level ones. They were meant to be nothing more than a buffer from level 40 40rr + toons, nothing more. And what does RoR team do? Combine them. Then allow people to debolster into them.
Whats your solution to uphold a somewhat steady pop in the lower tiers without making lowbies play against high level chars? Reading your comment i believe what you want to say is we should undo the t2/3 merge and not bother about noobs because obviously the game begins in t4?

Krima

Post#74 » Sat May 13, 2017 3:52 pm

I just fail to see how this was broken or messed with balance or anything in RVR or even SCs (where it was arguably the strongest... but last I checked DEvs said SCs were "mini game" so why ruin a build over a mini game).
+1 :lol: :lol: I bet some premade were geting stomped 6v6 by some chosen running 2h + CS
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Bozzax

Post#75 » Sat May 13, 2017 3:59 pm

The fact that slayers are virtually immune to challenge ontop off 100% strikethrough and cheese procs from ID makes me a bit confused about this change.

Well well lets se what happens it may be a great change after all since it was an extremly strong tactic
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

drmordread
Suspended

Post#76 » Sat May 13, 2017 4:35 pm

saupreusse wrote:
drmordread wrote:
Sulorie wrote: Because less mindless zerg, more small scale fights and fun in general. :P

I have played t3, the zerg is just as mindless. All you do is fly from one zone to another taking it in 15 to 20 minutes, then rinse and repeat. This goes on for a few hours, till people get bored and switch realms, then rinse and repeat at this. ANDDDD... to top it off, people go and activate t2 zones, the most boring part of this entire mmo.

At least in t4 you are not wearing gimp armor, and are not gimped by missing tactic slots.

More importantly, a lot of classes do not come fully into their own till t4, so basically you are playing either gimped toons or OP ones.

Please, stop romanticizing t2/t3. The only reason they are there is so that low level toons do not have to fight higher level ones. They were meant to be nothing more than a buffer from level 40 40rr + toons, nothing more. And what does RoR team do? Combine them. Then allow people to debolster into them.
Whats your solution to uphold a somewhat steady pop in the lower tiers without making lowbies play against high level chars? Reading your comment i believe what you want to say is we should undo the t2/3 merge and not bother about noobs because obviously the game begins in t4?
Considering that my initial comment is about the renown pots we have come far afield.

I don't know what it is that people in t2 and t3 want. I went through them an all of my 16 toons on RoR and all 21 of my toons on Live. I never had a problem with anything. But again, not the point of why I commented.

You want t merge t2 and t3? Go ahead. You want to debolster and go play gimped toons? It is your time you do as you want my friend.

But do not force me and all the others who want nothing else to do with t3, and dont even want to know that t2 exists, have to debolster to get the seals ... jut so YOU (as an example, not personally) have someone to fight!

t4 Toons should not have to debolster to get seal to get the gear and rr pots. Period! That is all I want.

EDIT; You are actually hurting the t4 campaign and pop by requiring that people debolster to go play in the lower tiers.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

saupreusse
Developer

Post#77 » Sat May 13, 2017 4:40 pm

Thats not a very good solution. Watcha going to do with ppl that want pve equipment real bad but never want to visit a dungeon? The gear is optional so no one makes you do anything. Ive just been asking you what you would do when introducing cosmetics to lower tier rvr is the wrong way to go in your opinion.

footpatrol2

Post#78 » Sat May 13, 2017 4:41 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Cs aoe stacking with challenge is broken.
CS aoe stacking with challenge was not broken.
These changes are not really needed.

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#79 » Sat May 13, 2017 5:19 pm

What's said has been said by others but I still want to throw my hat into the ring on the subject of CS

First off the purpose of 2H chosen was to apply CS in an AoE via rending blade

You give up SO MUCH ( DFV, a shield, HTL! etc ) inorder to have a niche utlity build

Making CS trigger on ST ruins the purpose of the build/playstyle

Now I was not aware CS stacked with challange/taunt rather I was under the impression that it was the exact opposite

Now I no longer see a real "purpose" to going 2h chosen and now it will be a more lolzdps build much like 2H BO

mekal

Post#80 » Sat May 13, 2017 5:22 pm

this honestly seems like a reflex nerf i.e. see a lot of people playing 2h chosen and want people to play somewhat different remove the only thing that makes the whole tree usefull and eliminates 2h tank altogether