Ads

Patch Notes 1/9/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Hargrim
Developer

Re: Patch Notes 1/9/2017

Post#301 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:51 pm

All this change did was put bigger importance on the keep - don't let it fall into enemy hands and all your problems are solved.

And ofc when destro will start zerging this patch will be reverted at once.

All in all, grow up, this is not about you (whichever side you are playing), it is about what dev team see as needed to make RvR more fun but unfortunatelly fun is relative, so you must bear with us when we are looking for the golden mean.

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#302 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:53 pm

Shooshpanzerer wrote:Actually all this discussion made me think that it would be nice to add to this mechanic some sort of "sudden death" reset condition for the underdog. Like "take all BO's" or "hold 3BOs for some time" and keep resets
Something like this is already implemented, but instead of oscillating around 10% to the lock for 2 hours you need to hold to the BOs for long enough to get back VPs to, if I remember correctly, 40%.

Wam

Post#303 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:54 pm

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... der281.jpg

182 vs 281... If you can't take a zone under the old system with that advantage in players then i don't think you deserve the zone in the first place and I thought the leadership of game was against giving things away for free but looks like that is changing if system was so broken it needed to be changed even more to help the team that can spawn siege weapons and already has numbers edge...

out of that 182... i only saw Bosmo's warband try do something in terms of objectives, so we had alot of mailbox defenders :)

I feel honoured that you change the game because of my leading creates QQ because order zerg couldn't bully us but it feels a bit overkill and harsh... like the underdog system is not good enough returns for most normal or pug players imo

Also I thought some of the leadership by previous chat liked long brutal wars in zones and now its sudden reversal 2 hour time limit :D

why not go full way and just make zones flip on keep take instead like old ways, seems like we are slowly progressing to that.

we've made maybe 5 or 6 zone resets in many many months... with older system... we will make 0 with this system... and its not like those zone resets was given to us, we worked hard as a group but also other destro worked hard in those resets too, some with phalanx, some with gdy, some with ocara...

it's like you want us to just focus kills instead of play campaign as underdog :D I feel bad for the pug groups on both sides that will have AAO and have to defend zones... less of a reason for them too = more pvdoor = more zone flip = more log off = less fighting = zzzzzz = rip
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Hargrim
Developer

Post#304 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:57 pm

Wam wrote:...
I'd suggest reading what person implementing the changes is writing in this topic and not imagining things that are not there.

Glorian

Post#305 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:02 pm

If you are at the mailbox you aren't counted into total realm population. Like you also aren't calculated into AAO calculation.

The calculation starts when you enter the lake.

Edit:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=22729&start=260#p254115

It is not about the 3 hours yesterday in Highpass, but the 12 hours in Praag.
Last edited by Glorian on Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shooshpanzerer

Post#306 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:05 pm

Hargrim wrote: Something like this is already implemented, but instead of oscillating around 10% to the lock for 2 hours you need to hold to the BOs for long enough to get back VPs to, if I remember correctly, 40%.
And this exact thing leads to stalling. Suggestion is "sudden death" - either fast lock or fast reset.

For example. Lord is down - 5-10 mins grace period, after that if at any given time underdog side controls all 4 BO's or if 3 BO's are held uninterrupted for 10 min - reset, while VP's are ticking for overdog side.

Wam

Post#307 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:07 pm

explain to me how you think this change is fun for the underdog? and tell me again how do you think it is fun for the unorganised underdog? they're outnumbered and we both know they can't be stretched like that.

Why should they turn up to defend? or even be bothered?

A less organised group will have zero chance to defend itself vs the zerg... and be spawn camped in warcamp

I'm giving you honest opinion of someone who leads 16 hours+ every week and is pretty experienced... and I am told to grow up because I can see how punishing the underdog is a bad idea?

I've seen it done in the past and know the mistakes... its one of reasons why many live servers died... one side dominant campaign, other side : why bother defending ... why bother playing either switch server or give up game... human psychology and momentum plays a big part

i've even lead the only warband on destro when there have been no pug leaders around... no pug leader = people log off, this game lacks pug leaders on both sides unless they see someone capable and they just create overflow and attach themselves to them.

If you show up late to a zone... there is no point coming if keep is already flipped against you, to hold four bo's against a enemy that is bigger than you and can just zerg the weakest or unprotected is next to impossible...

how do people not find fighting tooth and nail for hours over a zone fun? compared to easy steamroll beats me.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#308 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:10 pm

Collateral wrote:Well Wam, I can tell you we felt the same when they dropped the hammer on morale pump tactics for destro tanks, out of pure spite it seemed (we trolled cuz order was crying all the time, again not realising the potential they have). We felt like no one gives a **** about what we say and if we are even here. But we decided to stay and show that it made no real difference, because order just seems to refuse to play properly. As you say, even with stupid builds it doesn't matter. We just want to fight and have fun, never give up. Bitterstones are the only ones I can approve of because they have a goal, but others have no right to complain if they don't know anything about their own classes, and destro classes even less.
See, now I'm confused. According to a lot of destro players, morale pumps weren't very good and made no difference and no one ever used them because there were better tactics. But now that they've been nerfed, suddenly it's an issue? Were people lying this whole time? On my internet? Perish the thought...
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Ads
Wam

Post#309 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:14 pm

under dog / AAO population should always be bolstered and supported... just like lowbies in this event have been bolstered and supported so they feel they play a part.

To bolster the zerg is the opposite of this but i know whatever I say doesn't matter as my opinion counts for nothing here :)

Collateral

Post#310 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:16 pm

GodlessCrom wrote:
Collateral wrote:Well Wam, I can tell you we felt the same when they dropped the hammer on morale pump tactics for destro tanks, out of pure spite it seemed (we trolled cuz order was crying all the time, again not realising the potential they have). We felt like no one gives a **** about what we say and if we are even here. But we decided to stay and show that it made no real difference, because order just seems to refuse to play properly. As you say, even with stupid builds it doesn't matter. We just want to fight and have fun, never give up. Bitterstones are the only ones I can approve of because they have a goal, but others have no right to complain if they don't know anything about their own classes, and destro classes even less.
See, now I'm confused. According to a lot of destro players, morale pumps weren't very good and made no difference and no one ever used them because there were better tactics. But now that they've been nerfed, suddenly it's an issue? Were people lying this whole time? On my internet? Perish the thought...
I'm sorry what? You must've never played in an organized warband then, and neither did those who told you that. Morale pumps on tanks is a must in our warband, no tactic more useful than them. Same thing for shamy.