Ads

Patch Notes 22/9/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Nefarian78

Re: 22/9/2017 Patch Notes

Post#91 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:28 pm

Spoiler:
Penril wrote:If you guys were happy being AoE snare spam bots, good for you. Our goal is to give them some other tools as well, namely in Da Boss and Da Toughest trees.

(yeah, something is coming for Da Toughest too... in 2 weeks).
I've never been happy to be an AoE snare bot, and i agree that at some point it had to be nerfed or changed. The problem is that one of the main strenght of BOs is now basically gone, with little in return. Waaaagh! and Rock 'Ard are indeed way better now, but they do not fill the void of losing Big Brawlin' , which wasn't that big of an issue to begin with as others have explained.

It might have been better to wait on the change when also the Toughest changes were ready to be implemented. BOs are in a terrible spot after losing that tactic atm. Guess double CH is the way forward. For now.
BOs are nowhere close to being in a terrible spot, so i will take this post as blatant trolling and give a warning. Everyone else, keep your whining out of this thread - Penril.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Ads
footpatrol2

Post#92 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:36 pm

Spoiler:
It shouldn't have been changed to begin with. Whatever we'll test it out.
You don't decide what gets changed around here. User received a warning, and since you already had 3 prior to this, expect a forum ban. Will check the duration with the team.

Acidic

Post#93 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:38 pm

Spoiler:
Nefarian78 wrote:
Penril wrote:If you guys were happy being AoE snare spam bots, good for you. Our goal is to give them some other tools as well, namely in Da Boss and Da Toughest trees.

(yeah, something is coming for Da Toughest too... in 2 weeks).
I've never been happy to be an AoE snare bot, and i agree that at some point it had to be nerfed or changed. The problem is that one of the main strenght of BOs is now basically gone, with little in return. Waaaagh! and Rock 'Ard are indeed way better now, but they do not fill the void of losing Big Brawlin' , which wasn't that big of an issue to begin with as others have explained.

It might have been better to wait on the change when also the Toughest changes were ready to be implemented. BOs are in a terrible spot after losing that tactic atm. Guess double CH is the way forward. For now.
Have to agree with this, but on the bright side good to see changes and the game evolving still.
Don't reply to posts that have been moderated - Penril

Jaycub

Post#94 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:57 pm

Blackgaurd changes are beautiful, every tree is fleshed out now and viable. 2h and SnB have multiple draws for each. The only thing that might be lackluster at this point is the self heal.

It should be an example for how to create spec diversity for all tanks.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Niakahn

Post#95 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:57 pm

Torquemadra wrote:
Niakahn wrote:
Torquemadra wrote:
You seriously think their intended purpose was for you to farm them bolstered to 48? Because if that wasnt their purpose (and it wasnt) you were exploiting test mechanics for an unintended purpose.
I meant to ask whether they were permanently removed, or if they will be making a return after the test phase. They're a good spot for butchering ballistic potion ingredients, after all. Please stop reaching beyond a simple question and replying to points in a conversation that never existed in the first place.
and you think mobs in a lair are there for easy farming? Its a lair boss's ancillary mobs not farmville, expect to find them tethered to the boss.
Then expect to find a slew of problems that come along with tethering them to the boss. Namely being unable to move from the teleport point without aggroing the birds and thus the boss itself. This will make it nearly impossible to amass groups of players without prematurely pulling the boss. While I don't believe it was the explicit intent to have players farm this particular plateau, there are other areas of the world that serve that function. What exactly differentiates this place with the rest of the farm spots, other than the types of yields?

Garner

Post#96 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:59 pm

So just to be clear the repairable weapon/ring are implemented?

Hargrim
Developer

Post#97 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:13 pm

Garner wrote:So just to be clear the repairable weapon/ring are implemented?
Yes.

Collateral

Post#98 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:19 pm

Must be quite rare cuz we didn't see a single drop today, and we had a fair amount of kills. But if they are as nice as that little ring with 5% renown bonus, they should be rare.

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#99 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:23 pm

Niakahn wrote:
Torquemadra wrote:
Niakahn wrote:
I meant to ask whether they were permanently removed, or if they will be making a return after the test phase. They're a good spot for butchering ballistic potion ingredients, after all. Please stop reaching beyond a simple question and replying to points in a conversation that never existed in the first place.
and you think mobs in a lair are there for easy farming? Its a lair boss's ancillary mobs not farmville, expect to find them tethered to the boss.
Then expect to find a slew of problems that come along with tethering them to the boss. Namely being unable to move from the teleport point without aggroing the birds and thus the boss itself. This will make it nearly impossible to amass groups of players without prematurely pulling the boss. While I don't believe it was the explicit intent to have players farm this particular plateau, there are other areas of the world that serve that function. What exactly differentiates this place with the rest of the farm spots, other than the types of yields?
Champs and bosses will instakill all players below level 31 when aggroed from next patch.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#100 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:24 pm

Collateral wrote:Must be quite rare cuz we didn't see a single drop today, and we had a fair amount of kills. But if they are as nice as that little ring with 5% renown bonus, they should be rare.
Seems like. Only three items sitting un-repaired. Would have to do a more thorough search to see the rest of them.

Either way, we will let it run for a while to let them disperse among RvR.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog