Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 4/11/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
peterthepan3

Re: Patch Notes 4/11/2017

Post#11 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:29 am

wargrimnir wrote:So, Lions were a little broken. Normally I'd leave the server up while a fix was worked on, but they're not okay. Not even a little okay.

In the meantime, you should check out Frasier on Netflix. Classic 90's sitcom!
Can't beat Frasier. Hated Friends, but loved Frasier.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#12 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:33 am

Thelen wrote:
The randomization function for PQs that can award multiple random items (such as Conqueror gear) will now always return one of the items in the list of items truly randomly, and fixed a logic error that could result in the bags being empty.
Am I reading this incorrectly? Or something newly implemented? Which PQs can award the random items?
It's a fix. The random loot code for bags, like gold bags and getting a random piece of set gear. That random part was broken, and wasn't reaaaally random, was also able to give you nothing, probably.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Mexlicious

Post#13 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:39 am

So WL Pet was OP as it was.....Now its way more OP GG.....This is going to be WLHammer

dansari

Post#14 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:41 am

Oh oh oh I know how this goes.

inb4 a thousand self-proclaimed seers complain about changes in the first hour of them being implemented
<Salt Factory>

BrockRiefenstahl

Post#15 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:43 am

Mexlicious wrote:So WL Pet was OP as it was.....Now its way more OP GG.....This is going to be WLHammer
Did you read the patchnotes properly? I dont know what their point multipliers will be, but it sounds like overall they will be weaker. Unless one point spent gives a looot of those bonuses to the pet.

Also, in the notes they say- adjusting numbers as needed...

Gerv
Banned

Post#16 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:44 am

Hey all,

With the constant changes to experience distribution, what avenues are left for new players to progress through to 40 at a decent rate?

With the merger of the tiers why is the continued nerfing of experience gaining is necessary as previously if I am not mistaken it was warranted to help populate the lower tiers when still split. RvR does not grant decent experience for mid to higher levels (25+) even through the zone flips if your there from the start. Could it be considered to add a multiplier or simply an increase the exp rewarded so leveling via RvR is viable?
Scenario wins only reward 20k which is quite small when trying to level through 31-40.

Party quests don't grant decent experience to your level progress once you get beyond tier 1 and level 12. If the direction is to drive people to PQ's you spent time fixing would a consideration for completing stages of PQs be increased, this providing an incentive for their completion?

Beyond this, all the equipment gained through pve is out paced by RvR gear and this is a further detriment to not complete the PQs as the loot is essential worthless until ruin which is quickly outpaced because once you reach the required level to wear it your renown is high enough to wear anni strait up.

It seems the constant knocking of viable exp gains, yes power leveling, without other incentives pushes people further into grinding mobs to level up and this is the whole culture you are trying to change correct?
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

Foomy44

Post#17 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:47 am

BrockRiefenstahl wrote:
Mexlicious wrote:So WL Pet was OP as it was.....Now its way more OP GG.....This is going to be WLHammer
Did you read the patchnotes properly? I dont know what their point multipliers will be, but it sounds like overall they will be weaker. Unless one point spent gives a looot of those bonuses to the pet.

Also, in the notes they say- adjusting numbers as needed...
Plus WL needs to stat gear away from str and into defensive stats and also put a lot of mastery points into guardian to take advantage of these changes, seems like this would make them significantly less bursty and a lot more useless when their pet dies.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

MedV

Post#18 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:49 am

When will servers be back up?
Or is it just my game thats not working now. (Sorry only been playing 1 day dont know how long reboots take)
The King.

Ads
dansari

Post#19 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:51 am

MedV wrote:When will servers be back up?
Or is it just my game thats not working now. (Sorry only been playing 1 day dont know how long reboots take)
Hey bud -- welcome! Normally not this long on patch nights (like 5-10min). I think the hotfix is taking particularly longer because of the WL bug.
<Salt Factory>

MedV

Post#20 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:52 am

Thanks man =]. Saw the announcement about cats being bugged and then my game crashed I was so confused.

And for future reference where do I check to see when Servers are live again.
The King.