Patch Notes 4/11/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
BrockRiefenstahl

Re: Patch Notes 4/11/2017

Post#21 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:54 am

Spoiler:
Gerv wrote:Hey all,

With the constant changes to experience distribution, what avenues are left for new players to progress through to 40 at a decent rate?

With the merger of the tiers why is the continued nerfing of experience gaining is necessary as previously if I am not mistaken it was warranted to help populate the lower tiers when still split. RvR does not grant decent experience for mid to higher levels (25+) even through the zone flips if your there from the start. Could it be considered to add a multiplier or simply an increase the exp rewarded so leveling via RvR is viable?
Scenario wins only reward 20k which is quite small when trying to level through 31-40.

Party quests don't grant decent experience to your level progress once you get beyond tier 1 and level 12. If the direction is to drive people to PQ's you spent time fixing would a consideration for completing stages of PQs be increased, this providing an incentive for their completion?

Beyond this, all the equipment gained through pve is out paced by RvR gear and this is a further detriment to not complete the PQs as the loot is essential worthless until ruin which is quickly outpaced because once you reach the required level to wear it your renown is high enough to wear anni strait up.

It seems the constant knocking of viable exp gains, yes power leveling, without other incentives pushes people further into grinding mobs to level up and this is the whole culture you are trying to change correct?
I am thinking the exact same way. I just leveled another char. Almost without any PvE, but at 31 it is too idiotic and slow. I grinded mobs till 35/36 than did all 4 t4 quests. I was 37 then... I started grinding champions, but as a squishy non healer dps the exp are crap anyways, (out of combat lifereg over time should be increased in PvE since ever...) and now they nerf it even further. I really dont know what their goal is, why not prohibit getting xp in PvE and turning it off, if that is exactly what they want... They already deleted all xp gains from mobs in the lakes. Pretty unnecessary steps and just gives the impression, that devs love to punish players who level one character straight to 40 without factionhopping and rested xp bonus. (Typed on my mobile.)
Last edited by BrockRiefenstahl on Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Tankbeardz

Post#22 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:56 am

BrockRiefenstahl wrote:
Mexlicious wrote:So WL Pet was OP as it was.....Now its way more OP GG.....This is going to be WLHammer
Did you read the patchnotes properly? I dont know what their point multipliers will be, but it sounds like overall they will be weaker. Unless one point spent gives a looot of those bonuses to the pet.

Also, in the notes they say- adjusting numbers as needed...
Yes, major adjustments. 65-70k WL attacks were not intended I'm sure :lol: .

BrockRiefenstahl

Post#23 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:00 am

Spoiler:
Tankbeardz wrote:
BrockRiefenstahl wrote:
Mexlicious wrote:So WL Pet was OP as it was.....Now its way more OP GG.....This is going to be WLHammer
Did you read the patchnotes properly? I dont know what their point multipliers will be, but it sounds like overall they will be weaker. Unless one point spent gives a looot of those bonuses to the pet.

Also, in the notes they say- adjusting numbers as needed...
Yes, major adjustments. 65-70k WL attacks were not intended I'm sure :lol: .[/quote]

Damn, and I wasnt online to abuse it for some minutes :o

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#24 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:03 am

Looks like we've got a fix on the way. Server is starting up.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

drmordread
Suspended

Post#25 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:04 am

Ability - Sacrificial Stab now grants the Blessing Shriek of Death for 10s, this Blessing increases the players Auto Attack speed by 10% per resource point spent.

so WE's can get a +10% to +50% AA? For how long?

Ability - Sacrificial Stab now casts the Ailment Hindering Cut upon the hit target, this Ailment snares the player affected by it by 3% per resource point spent.

So WE's get a 15% snare aside from thrown dagger?

meanwhile WH gt a 3sec KD with an ability in a tree that no one specs into ...

And Y'ALL are complaining about WL's being unbalanced?
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Tankbeardz

Post#26 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:07 am

drmordread wrote:Ability - Sacrificial Stab now grants the Blessing Shriek of Death for 10s, this Blessing increases the players Auto Attack speed by 10% per resource point spent.

so WE's can get a +10% to +50% AA? For how long?

Ability - Sacrificial Stab now casts the Ailment Hindering Cut upon the hit target, this Ailment snares the player affected by it by 3% per resource point spent.

So WE's get a 15% snare aside from thrown dagger?

meanwhile WH gt a 3sec KD with an ability in a tree that no one specs into ...

And Y'ALL are complaining about WL's being unbalanced?
WE is far greater than WH. Better mobility and damage.

anarchypark

Post#27 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:35 am

Added VFX to -
Wings of Heaven
wasn't there actual wing effect in previous version?
angelic wing like WP m1.
or was it my imagination?
i think i saw it when my SM was in t3 lvl. 1 or 2 times actually.
then i disabled effects for t4. after 4mb ram patch i was back to full effects setting.
but no more wings.
it's minor thing but since it's in patchnote, could u revive it?
or if my imagination made fake memory of my wings :D could u add it?
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

kryss

Post#28 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:05 am

wargrimnir wrote:[General]

Witch Elf

Ability - Sacrificial Stab now grants the Blessing Shriek of Death for 10s, this Blessing increases the players Auto Attack speed by 10% per resource point spent.

Witch Hunter

Ability - Dragon Gun now knocks down the primary target for 3s

White Lion Rework

Also:

Path of the Axeman

A mastery path focused on your pet distracting enemies while you deal damage

Trained to Kill - This ability now boosts the Lion pets Toughness and Wounds by 50% of the players Strength gained from items. The stance allows for the augmentation of the 'harassment' pet using dps main stat (as he should be dealing damage) and should prevent a full guardian built and spec'd WL from swapping to this stance and making an uber tank pet.

Path of the Guardian

A mastery path focused on assisting and supporting your pet while he deals damage

Uhm, I'd would like to know the reasoning behind this change, why the WE (who already has a better mechanic, kisses) would have access to a 100% guaranteed AA increase, plus snare (very important), on a same ability, whereas the WH has to blow a specific tactic (IF) for getting 50% AA on a crit. Also, WH got a useless single target KD on a bad tree (even moreso now, with RB dispellable by sever blessing), whereas the WE still got Oyk.

WL: What happens with trained to hunt? Seems that you forgot to explain Path of the Hunter

Thanks!

Ads
Bobbiom

Post#29 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:41 am

Interesting patch, nice work.

Spierron

Post#30 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:18 am

Now kiss deal 40-100 damage per proc no
guard-detaunt ^^
No damage increased for Sacrificial Stab ?

thanks for give OYK for WHs...