Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 1/12/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
covenn

Re: Patch Notes 1/12/2017

Post#31 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:20 pm

Collateral wrote: I really doubt people will start making wbs full of dps, cuz that won't get you anywhere really. Proper setups will still dominate imo.
Not without healers. There is zero incentive for a heal outside of group in a warband, people in other warbands, or people not able to get in a warband as it offers no return. There is also zero incentive to heal your group within your warband if it is not fairly setup regarding dps.

In other words, in most cases it is more beneficial (by a long shot) to drop warband and go dps than it is to heal from within a warband unless you have the perfect group make up. See any problem with that?
Irony - Phoenix Throne (on live)

Currently playing order

Ads
Specialpatrol

Post#32 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:34 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Specialpatrol wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:Kotbs aoe snare nerf is welcomed. Good job. We need less brainless godmode cc/skills.
Remove the DoK aoe snare proc as well, then.
Not necessary, especially given that Covenants have an ICD now.

Anyone defending the KOTBS aoe snare and believing that it was not overperforming is lying to themselves. I only played the class briefly, but in those 2 weeks I was baffled as to how something so OP was left unchecked for so long.

So many people seemingly don't give a **** about balance and just want their realm to be more inherently powerful than the others because **** you that's why.
I'm actually looking at it from a balance perspective. What I see, is that Destruction has an aoe snare that doesn't require a tactic and can proc from 6 players and affect x number of enemies, while Order has a snare tactic, that can affect 3 enemies (6, if lucky). Nerfing one side and not the other creates an imbalance, in my view.
APONYMOUS l WP l R40 l RR8X
BRAKEDOWN l KOTBS l R40 l RR8X
BOILING l BW l R40 l RR8X
PUFFED l SLY l R40 l RR8X
RHYTHM l AM l R40 l RR8X
EEWULL l DOK l R3X l RR4X

peterthepan3

Post#33 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:48 pm

Covenant snare procs on one target now after the ICD nerf (fairly certain), so that argument is moot. I will always choose a readily accessible form of CC over one that is dependent on RNG. Also, it seems a bit silly to compare the KOTBS to a DOK; compared against other tanks - even after the nerf - the KOTBS has best aoe snare.

covenn

Post#34 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:09 pm

Collateral wrote: All I can say for now is that it was very annoying when we were getting leeched by soloers/groups of players who knew what they were doing
Well currently, everyone but healers can solo and leach. The only thing that has changed is healers can't solo, cant help other people outside of group, help other grouped people, or heal random people because it earns them nothing. I am not supporting 'leaching', I am shooting for equal rewards.

Let's say you and I are running back to our respective warbands/groups and get jumped by 4 people. I kite around like a mad man and heal my ass off to keep you alive while you kill everyone. You walk away with 4000k+ renown, 3 conqs, 1 soldier, and 2 pieces of loot. I walk away with nothing for my efforts UNLESS you had killed someone prior to respawning in which case I will get a few token ticks of renown, no medallions, and no loot.

Who exactly is the leach here?

According to devs in a different thread, rather than healing you ...I am supposed to let you die and try to kill them myself. Yah, really.

Currently playing order

Battlefield

Post#35 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:14 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Shield of the Sun - Corrected set to proc damage back on being attacked, not being hit.
Bane Shield - Corrected set to proc damage on being hit, not being attacked.
Only I see the differences :?:

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#36 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:15 pm

covenn wrote:
Collateral wrote: All I can say for now is that it was very annoying when we were getting leeched by soloers/groups of players who knew what they were doing
Well currently, everyone but healers can solo and leach. The only thing that has changed is healers can't solo, cant help other people outside of group, help other grouped people, or heal random people because it earns them nothing. I am not supporting 'leaching', I am shooting for equal rewards.

Let's say you and I are running back to our respective warbands/groups and get jumped by 4 people. I kite around like a mad man and heal my ass off to keep you alive while you kill everyone. You walk away with 4000k+ renown, 3 conqs, 1 soldier, and 2 pieces of loot. I walk away with nothing for my efforts UNLESS you had killed someone prior to respawning in which case I will get a few token ticks of renown, no medallions, and no loot.

Who exactly is the leach here?

According to devs in a different thread, rather than healing you ...I am supposed to let you die and try to kill them myself. Yah, really.
in the former system you would have to deal the DB to get anything in regards to loot, so then you would effectively steal his loot if you managed to snipe the kill. Im not saying this new way is perfect but it beats the old one by a lot

covenn

Post#37 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:19 pm

Natherul wrote: in the former system you would have to deal the DB to get anything in regards to loot, so then you would effectively steal his loot if you managed to snipe the kill. Im not saying this new way is perfect but it beats the old one by a lot
Sorry for dual posting. Please see the other thread where I was responding to your comments. Please note, that any damage dealers that come across that situation I mentioned will get rewarded while the healer still won't. I agree with you sniping the death blow was silly, but the gear/medallion/renown is important to progression and healers are getting basically told to not bother.

reference to:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23944&start=120#p270914
Last edited by covenn on Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Currently playing order

rmpl

Post#38 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:20 pm

40% nerf on Slice Through? Bold.

Ads
Scrilian

Post#39 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:21 pm

Not to mention that CoC clutters your cleanse with free debuff from random and auto hits, but oh well, we all know that the best aura is Prayer of Devotion and you can probably solo a keep lord with it :mrgreen:
Aurandilaz wrote:Kotb is still best tank in game, you could still take even 2-3 tactics away from it and it would still be amongst best tanks in game.
Welcome to the lower levels of OPness, a dozen more adjustments and maybe you will see how life looks like from BG pov. ;)
Kotbs is paper thin even with -50%cd putting him slightly above SnB SM, not close when compared to almost guard-damage-immune 80%+ parry/disrupt chosen. I'd trade that extraordinary defensive capability for a mediocre nerfed all-crit and a slight +heal aura tactics.
peterthepan3 wrote:Covenant snare procs on one target now after the ICD nerf (fairly certain), so that argument is moot. I will always choose a readily accessible form of CC over one that is dependent on RNG. Also, it seems a bit silly to compare the KOTBS to a DOK; compared against other tanks - even after the nerf - the KOTBS has best aoe snare.
For small scale - maybe, but in rvr you fire and forget about the covenant and just get free engage-disengage whenever you hit, esp. with ranged hits or pets, barely having to put yourself into danger, essentially allowing you to almost reliably snare w/o having a ranged snare at all proc after proc.
Wow this derailed really quickly this time ;)
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Sulorie

Post#40 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:22 pm

I don't think anyone complains about the loot change of the recent patch.
It might be not optimal but still better than leeching KBs.
The most uproar is about how healers are rewarded with xp, rp and inf in ROR.
Dying is no option.