Patch Notes 20/1/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Hargrim
Developer

Re: Patch Notes 20/1/2018

Post#121 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:11 pm

We will see.

I'm happy to hear about numerous complaints, this will speed up the refund process to your credit cards.

Ads
Snoxx

Post#122 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:20 pm

Same here. Was fighting in CW, but got no bag.
Got the "not contributed enough blabla" message.
I didn't care because I played mostly scenarios, I was solo, only scored a few kills in CW when I had to wait in scenario queue, so I really didn't contribute much.
My first thoughts were: Oh well, maybe with the new system this wasn't enough.

But later in other zones I got bags from less kills than I did in CW.

PS: Not asking for a refund, I don't need any more bags anyway. Just saying there might be some issue left.

peterthepan3

Post#123 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:25 pm

Hargrim wrote:We will see.

I'm happy to hear about numerous complaints, this will speed up the refund process to your credit cards.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wam

Post#124 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:51 pm

Choppa talk...

when we started growing we had alot of choppa's, but over time and nerf's we only had two remaining and never bothered to replace the rest... (one of which swapped main to another class)

Their synergy got neutered with sorc's so the dps output of team was decreased alot... and Bork's kinda took their one utility.
Choppa's can still do things, just other classes can tend to do these things better... so their role is not as defined as more impactful classes in my opinion

I am mostly talking about ORVR / Large scale btw... because its a RDPS world we live in... choppa need's to take damage (generally / againt decent opposition or big numbers) to do any meaningful counter damage... and it's morales could be a bit better

in small scale / 6 man / off peak they are in a good spot... choppa needs a guard / healers / dedicated team to function to its potential, also high RR and good gear helps too.

But if you are pugging on a choppa(MDPS) then I can understand your complaints, but to be honest pug is pug and very random setup... you don't know if you will get guard or heals

If a choppa can get on a backline without being focussed it can do some good work... but when you are usually fighting 40-60+ and their backline as a backline which also as a backline... then like most mdps it loses some value and dps spots are limited so other options are generally preffered.

Don't mind gromer he is just passionate about choppa's/orks in general

Also Choppa is more a late bloomer class, some classes can be fairly good early on due to style(mechanic/range/gear) MDPS generally need offense and survial and can't do both at rr 40 in ruin gear... so higher RR more outgoing and less incoming crit / evasion / better primary stats makes a tad difference :) where a RDPS class can go full glasscannon and rely on its range/kite(less need of guard too) instead of investing much into survial early on... so should level faster in pug enviroment compared to mdps its just the way it is.

TL:DR
Small scale Choppa can take more advantage of its full potential
Large scale Choppa is more situational in comparison to small scale because RDPS Heavy/Zerg World = Melt if any bad postioning and has to take damage to do some in return :) even with a good guard and healers it should be tough... not totally useless just less desirable class compared to other classes in the setup we run vs the numbers we face for some of the aforementioned reasons.

I don't think many choppa players realise what they get themself long term into when they start(then they can't stop :D) and how MDPS works in pug world... build a 6 man, get a mara and chosen buddy... find a bork or bg then find 2 out of dok/zealot/shaman and your grind / luck / role / enjoyment should improve... or spend energy complaining that is your choice :)
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Gerv
Banned

Post#125 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:16 am

Many people either test but don't say anything or don't bother anymore because of how previous discussions on balance have been handled. For a large majority of the discussion, you Torque, come across with a preconceived opinion and are not open to discussion regarding said balance changes. Alternatively, if they don't know if something has been changed, how can they test it?
For a number of people, transparency is important, for better or worse.

Additionally, whether intended or not, you often appear to solely looking to see if the change you have made is working rather than openly engaging in discussion from a group perspective from other players to alter or change. Furthermore, a number of changes appear to have been made based on mirrors or pug/solo play when the established balance guidelines have been don't appeal to mirrors or pug play.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

covenn

Post#126 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:21 pm

Hargrim wrote:
dansari wrote:Unfortunately this will greatly discourage adapting warband comps, but I guess it's the greater of two evils.
Not long ago your contribution wasn't stored even if you crashed. We tried to give benefit of the doubt to playerbase, it turned out how it turned out. Want to adapt? Do so in next zone.
Might have accomplished the same thing by just targeting those switching realms from order to destro, vice versa.

Switching from DPS to make up for healers logging out for example is going to get punished. Not sure that is the best way to go.

Edit: Still catching up on the discussion. If you also wanted to stop people from logging into only one realm on multiple characters to speed up progression, you also accomplished that however..... maybe to facilitate people switching toons for the good of a warband or group, would it be possible to move contribution to the character they logged in with as such:

Magus switches to BW = contribution lost
BW switches to RP = BW contribution moved to RP

Just a thought.
Last edited by covenn on Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irony - Phoenix Throne (on live)

Currently playing order

covenn

Post#127 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:44 pm

Thought better of post even though it was coming from a good place.
Last edited by covenn on Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irony - Phoenix Throne (on live)

Currently playing order

anarchypark

Post#128 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:47 pm

Gerv wrote:
Spoiler:
Many people either test but don't say anything or don't bother anymore because of how previous discussions on balance have been handled. For a large majority of the discussion, you Torque, come across with a preconceived opinion and are not open to discussion regarding said balance changes. Alternatively, if they don't know if something has been changed, how can they test it?
For a number of people, transparency is important, for better or worse.

Additionally, whether intended or not, you often appear to solely looking to see if the change you have made is working rather than openly engaging in discussion from a group perspective from other players to alter or change. Furthermore, a number of changes appear to have been made based on mirrors or pug/solo play when the established balance guidelines have been don't appeal to mirrors or pug play.
'i don't report or disscuss cuz dev handles it wrong'
that's just protest without cause.
they need to improve thier discussion skills first.
ppl upset cuz their opinion is not selected, that's just not professional for ppl who think they are.

and transparency. torq already explained it. it's one of testing method I guess. maybe we lost that privilege cuz ppl refuse to report and provide feedbacks.
those ppl don't need transparency, isn't it?
hope devs realise there are still many good testers.

if OP know ppl protesting, plz tell them stop power-game.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#129 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:51 pm

it's funny you should say that because when given the opportunity to actively test on changes on the dev server, there were about 10 reliable and active testers willing to dedicate a lot of time to assess stuff while the vast majority couldn't be bothered.

bloodi
Suspended

Post#130 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:01 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:it's funny you should say that because when given the opportunity to actively test on changes on the dev server, there were about 10 reliable and active testers willing to dedicate a lot of time to assess stuff while the vast majority couldn't be bothered.
Yeah we all remember those annoucnements and threads asking for people to go to the test server.

Or maybe there was none and they just asked in discord a place 95% of the server population doesnt go in?