Ads

Patch Notes 2/6/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Natherul
Former Staff

Re: Patch Notes 2/6/2018

Post#21 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:42 pm

Hotfix without reboot, potions now heal instantly. At least the normal healing ones. Was a small error in one row of the DB

Ads
Lektroluv
Suspended

Post#22 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:52 pm

Acidic wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:23 am Ohh Squigs got some love :)
Nice
This is sarcasm, isn't it?

1-The change is not a buff, it is a fix because the ability was not working as intended
2-The fix is in a pet which nobody use it, it is a melee pet which move at player speed, not like White lions one and the difference in damage between both pets is insulting at best.
3-The abilities that pet have, can't boost damage thru spending points in paths because that pet is not assigned to any path (only horned, gas and spiked are assigned to specialization paths)
4-The pet taunt only works for pet abilities, and that pet was hiting players for 80 damage... A 30% boost in a 80 hp hit is an insult, not even a fix.

Basically this changes are just fixes, with zero impact in game... Just propaganda to hide the class murdering.

Sorry to burst the bubble, but that is the reality.

peterthepan3

Post#23 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:58 pm

Lektroluv wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:52 pm
Nice
This is sarcasm, isn't it?
1-The change is not a buff, it is a fix because the ability was not working as intended
2-The fix is in a pet which nobody use it, it is a melee pet which move at player speed, not like White lions one and the difference in damage between both pets is insulting at best.
3-The abilities that pet have, can't boost damage thru spending points in paths because that pet is not assigned to any path (only horned, gas and spiked are assigned to specialization paths)
4-The pet taunt only works for pet abilities, and that pet was hiting players for 80 damage... A 30% boost in a 80 hp hit is an insult, not even a fix.

Basically this changes are just fixes, with zero impact in game... Just propaganda to hide the class murdering.

Sorry to burst the bubble, but that is the reality.

How does one equate fixing abilities to propaganda?

Lektroluv
Suspended

Post#24 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:09 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:58 pm How does one equate fixing abilities to propaganda?
I didn't said the propaganda came from fixing an ability... But when someone calls this a Buff, is propaganda.

This is a fix, not a buff... Either is a Nerf as someone said before.

If order calls this a Buff when it is only a fix in a pet nobody use and with literally zero impact in game, will be propaganda

Ramasee

Post#25 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:16 pm

The statement "squigs got some love" does not equate to "squigs got a buff."

Also: prop·a·gan·da
ˌpräpəˈɡandə/
noun
noun: propaganda; noun: Propaganda

derogatory
information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.

The statement itself is also not propaganda in the slightest. Fixing bugged abilities, even those that are deemed subpar by the community, is an important step in game development.

Lektroluv
Suspended

Post#26 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:27 pm

Ramasee wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:16 pm The statement "squigs got some love" does not equate to "squigs got a buff."

Also: prop·a·gan·da
ˌpräpəˈɡandə/
noun
noun: propaganda; noun: Propaganda

derogatory
information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.

The statement itself is also not propaganda in the slightest. Fixing bugged abilities, even those that are deemed subpar by the community, is an important step in game development.
Who said fixing abilities is not a important step in game development?
The DoT ability from spiked pet was set to work as a ailment instead of a curse, and it is fixed because I did bug report back in the day.

I am just saying this is not a buff, either is love, is only a fix without effect in class, game or the squig herder class itself

And I hope order don't consider this as a buff, because it is not.

peterthepan3

Post#27 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:31 pm

Noone on the team has suggested other than it being a fix. If 'realm bias!' lemmings wish to jump to conclusions and call it a buff, that is their prerogative - but they are wrong.

Ugle

Post#28 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:34 pm

Natherul wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:42 pm Hotfix without reboot, potions now heal instantly. At least the normal healing ones. Was a small error in one row of the DB
Best news in months IMO. Great job Natherul
inactive

Ads
Acidic

Post#29 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:14 pm

Nice
Ok I’m lost how people can think that this comment suggest I think it’s a buff or a nerf, I simply mean it’s good that some attention was given to them.
Bug fixing is a good thing in my world

Dabbart

Post#30 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:12 pm

Instant pots AND out of range bug in one patch note?!? Yay! Note: I’ll test later, but this applies to all pots(HP/AP/bubble) correct?

Thanks for all the work!

Much Waaaagh!
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.