Recent Topics

Ads

Client Changelog 25/08/2018

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
roadkillrobin

Re: Client Changelog 25/08/2018

Post#61 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:31 am

Azarael wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:00 am It has nothing to do with DD Zealot, which may benefit from a tree arrangement later. It has everything to do with the outrageous concept of melee classes with infinite AP while it is up. You don't even cast fast enough for an ICD to hurt you, so frankly you are just whining in ignorance and, remembering your name and the average "quality" of your posts, I'm not sure why I'm even bothering to explain it to you.
I'm sure it's really busted in original form for melee, but for the Zealot to use it as a AP tool for healing they actually need(ed) to go into melee range and use a AoE dps skills to relible fill upp the AP compared to the RP one whick just random give the Runie AP from range when they heal. But maybe you have an idea to give Zealot a way to get out of using RB tactic at some point aswell?
It's currently the only healer that needs to slot this tactic.

Ads
Azarael

Post#62 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:42 am

Hah. I should have listened to the people who told me to mirror it. Condemn me for trying to keep a little bit of flavour.

You need to hit more than 5 people with your AoE every time for the ICD change to make any difference to you, btw. CA is 2s interval. WOI is 1s. You're likely going to get half return from them because they'll hit a lot of people at once.
kweedko wrote:Yeah yeah 2 years i hear this mess, about "benefit from a tree arrangement later" and nothing happens.
Oh really? You don't think that might have something to do with the fact that the team only got the ability to make the necessary client changes a short time ago? Where do you get this stuff?
kweedko wrote:" You don't even cast fast enough for an ICD to hurt you," - yeah yeah before that, i can regen full ap with single CA with WOI combo or atleast not dry to the 0 AP and now i must suck ass. That never was a single target DDspec ritual, but how you could know if you don't care about DDZELOTS.
So you had a skill that allows you to regenerate full AP easily and conveniently when it is up and you don't see a problem with that? And the ICD is half a second.
kweedko wrote:"so frankly you are just whining in ignorance and, remembering your name and the average "quality" of your posts, I'm not sure why I'm even bothering to explain it to you." - typical Azrael, naming an blameing. :mrgreen:
I won't sugarcoat it. I'm an idiot calling others "idiot" (edit by saup - dont call players idiots while I'm asleep). I don't consider saying this a violation of anything I've said before - people who only ever appear to be a profound irriation should be responded to in kind. Post garbage and I'll post it right back.

One thing that never ceases to annoy me is when one change is made which causes temporary problems for a spec and people like you wander into the patchnotes thread to complain that people hate your class and that it was obliterated.. Unless I say that this is the final patch for a given class, all I want from you is to tell me what you lost, politely and in a civil fashion, without accusing me of trashing your class or ruining your life. That gets my hackles up and it always will.

kweedko

Post#63 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:57 am

Azarael wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:42 am

Oh really? You don't think that might have something to do with the fact that the team only got the ability to make the necessary client changes a short time ago? Where do you get this stuff?
Yeah and before that, there were alot of changes for classes.

Azarael wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:42 am So you had a skill that allows you to regenerate full AP easily and conveniently when it is up and you don't see a problem with that? And the ICD is half a second.

26 sec cooldown + melee range + cloth armor + "5+ targets", + put a ritual, is it not enough and if something goes wrong you dry to 0 like an instant? Do you see it like easymode? And not menthoning the fact that you already broke the CA and WOI before that.
Last edited by kweedko on Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

Valfaros

Post#64 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:58 am

Azarael wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:00 am It has nothing to do with DD Zealot, which may benefit from a tree arrangement later. It has everything to do with the outrageous concept of melee classes with infinite AP while it is up. You don't even cast fast enough for an ICD to hurt you, so frankly you are just whining in ignorance and, remembering your name and the average "quality" of your posts, I'm not sure why I'm even bothering to explain it to you.
You know it still hurts it. Might be only 20% chance but with slow "projectile" scourge and SoR or BoT you often land double hits. I mean that's what it is all about to get as much together as possible. I know in most cases it won't proc at all but it can double proc which is now gone. I don't know how stong you will feel it but without RoI you run out of AP quite quickly. Keeping dots up on several targets for Scourge proc is expensive. Furthermore yes I did often use AoE's even as ST Zealot to fill my AP up and found it was a very strong tool however I always thought since it's basically useless for healers (which are the most important to have ap) it was justified.

A tree arrangement.... I hope not one that will worsen the state of both builds and awkwardly mix them together so you end up worse at both.

From my view no arrangement is going to fix dps zealot. The problem dps zealots have is that they need just so much from their trees that it's impossible to get it no matter where located. AoE zealots need 2 to 3 tactics + 2 to 3 abilitys while ST zealots need 2 to 3 tactics + 3 to 4 ablilities and why because core does offer the least amount of skills for this playstyle throughout the game. Furthermore for range combat they have no way to reduce resitance counter to how it was before the new harbinger.

At the moment the skills are atlest so split up that you can specialize into one thing (ST or AoE). What would be needed is either making some skills core or making key abilities good enough so you can work without every tool in the trees.

Edit. Some additions. Some corrections.

Sulorie

Post#65 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:18 am

kweedko wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:57 am
Azarael wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:42 am

Yeah and before that, there were alot of changes for classes.

Azarael wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:42 am So you had a skill that allows you to regenerate full AP easily and conveniently when it is up and you don't see a problem with that? And the ICD is half a second.

26 sec cooldown + melee range + cloth armor + "5+ targets", + put a ritual, is it not enough and if something goes wrong you dry to 0 like an instant? Do you see it like easymode? And not menthoning the fact that you already broke the CA and WOI before that.
The ranged aoe channel skill doesn't proc it anymore?
Dying is no option.

Telen
Suspended

Post#66 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:25 am

Zealots ap ritual has been one of the most ridiculous things in the game for time immemorial. You may aswell have ap potions with no cooldown.

roadkillrobin

Post#67 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:54 am

Telen wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:25 am Zealots ap ritual has been one of the most ridiculous things in the game for time immemorial. You may aswell have ap potions with no cooldown.
It doesn't have unlimited range and also quit long cooldown. Anyone playing RP and Zealot gets bother by people running out of range and then people start complaining about running out of AP. Hao used to yell at us all the time for not having AP ritual up when in reality he was the one running out of range from it all the time. Infact one could argue that DoK/WP AP tactic is way more OP then the ritual consider it can proc of hot ticks aswell. Or atleast it could back when we tested it.
Zealot is the only healer in the game that can't play without using selfish AP regen tactic and that should imo be sorted aswell. With Ritual up Zealot could burst regen AP by casting an instant AoE skill. Now that won't work very well anymore do to ICD.
The AP ritual also synnergy with the tactic Waves of Chaos for AP regen when healing, the downside was the low radius. Now thats allso pretty much a even more dead tactic.

I'm actually quit convinced that it's better to just run 2x DoK in the warbands now with AP ritual being changed this way. AP management won't change much and the 50ish Inititiave buff + 25% healing proc shouldn't be outperforming 2 DoK's imo.
Last edited by roadkillrobin on Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Valfaros

Post#68 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:03 am

Azarael wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:42 am Hah. I should have listened to the people who told me to mirror it. Condemn me for trying to keep a little bit of flavour.

You need to hit more than 5 people with your AoE every time for the ICD change to make any difference to you,
Yes you probabbly should have and no this is not how % based stuff works. It will effect you as soon as you hit 2 targets with any skill. Why because that's how % stuff works. It might be only 4% chance to double proc on 2 people but with increasing players it quickly gets very likely to double proc. Similar with tripple or quadruple procs with an ICD you rule them all out no matter what the chances are. I mean this whole behavior is why you nerfed it don't claim that it doesn't make a difference.
Last edited by Valfaros on Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#69 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:17 am

roadkillrobin wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:54 am
Telen wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:25 am Zealots ap ritual has been one of the most ridiculous things in the game for time immemorial. You may aswell have ap potions with no cooldown.
It doesn't have unlimited range and also quit long cooldown.
30 sec duration, 30 sec cooldown, which starts the moment you use it. You use it where the most intense fight happens, so cooldown and range arguments are nullified.
Dying is no option.

kweedko

Post#70 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:21 am

Sulorie wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:17 am
roadkillrobin wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:54 am
It doesn't have unlimited range and also quit long cooldown.
30 sec duration, 30 sec cooldown, which starts the moment you use it. You use it where the most intense fight happens, so cooldown and range arguments are nullified.
sure we fight in one spot whole 30 sec :mrgreen: