Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 12/01/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Tobias26

Re: Patch Notes 12/01/2019

Post#111 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:21 pm

Natherul wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:12 am But again I stress that if something drastic changes and is not documented on the patch notes its most likely a bug and should be treated and reported as such.
I'm sorry, but if serious nerf overpowering swing (Kotbs PoC mastery tactic) wasn't listed in the patch do I need to consider it a bug that needs report? Oh and by the way - why are you nerf buff attacking the knight, which is itself in the attack on what is not capable? Are you doing this so he has no choice but to play punching bag?
Duis - Chosen 79
Tobiasx - KotBS 70

Ads
Dammy095

Post#112 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:26 pm

you want more damage on most defensive and most useful tank in game , i got it right ?

peterthepan3

Post#113 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:26 pm

Tobias26 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:21 pm
Natherul wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:12 am But again I stress that if something drastic changes and is not documented on the patch notes its most likely a bug and should be treated and reported as such.
I'm sorry, but if serious nerf overpowering swing (Kotbs PoC mastery tactic) wasn't listed in the patch do I need to consider it a bug that needs report? Oh and by the way - why are you nerf buff attacking the knight, which is itself in the attack on what is not capable? Are you doing this so he has no choice but to play punching bag?
KOBS was always punching bag. I'm sure the team are open to exploring new avenues and options, but that would mandate locking off access to some of the stuff that makes KOBS the best tank ingame.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#114 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:33 pm

Tobias26 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:21 pm
Well its either:
A) a bug
B) someone forgot to mention it in the upcoming notes. Sometimes we do batches of things at once and we are human.

Regardless we dont intend to do changes undocumented unless it absolutely has to be done as its of exploitable in nature or an underlying system that should not be disclosed.

Tobias26

Post#115 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:28 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:26 pm KOBS was always punching bag. I'm sure the team are open to exploring new avenues and options, but that would mandate locking off access to some of the stuff that makes KOBS the best tank ingame.
Knight always had a choice - either more defense and control, or a powerful buff for the group, even in the absence of damage from the knight (that is, even considering the buff for the group it was weaker in attack than any other tank). Now you has taken away all the alternatives. I want the player to have the choice of either playing from attack (losing many of the tank's advantages) or playing solely from defense. All tanks have this choice. Except for the knight. If you took away a powerful buff for group from the offence knight - give it in exchange though any opportunity to attack himself, like a chosen. Now in plan of attack, it is inferior to any class in the game - not only tanks, but healers too. For example, note that the warrior priest is conceived as an impenetrable healer, but even to him you strengthened the attacking abilities, and now he is able to heal and at the same time cause more damage than the offence knight.
P.S. The most the best and the most useful tank in game he was once very long. I know you're talking about the best tank you mean diligence. I wouldn't be surprised if it added to Chosen in the next patch.
Last edited by Tobias26 on Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Duis - Chosen 79
Tobiasx - KotBS 70

rocc

Post#116 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:30 pm

DanielWinner wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:39 pm
rocc wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:14 pm
Ramasee wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:19 pmA fight between two teams og six is not 1v1 multiplied 6 times. A 10% crit chance buff in 1v1 is just that. in 6v6 its 10% crit on two damagers, two healers, and two tanks each of these has different values for crit. A 120 toughness buff is kinda of meh, but a 720 toughness buff prevents much more damage.
I don't know, you are probably right but when we make a group (tank, healer, dps) and you can't kill a solo player but the solo player can kill all of us, naturaly you wonder.
...wonder how you could fail so miserably, I guess :P
May be a difference of stuff, renown and knowledge of the rules make all the difference (i see players afk long to kill).
May be we are losers but we are not the only when i read the chat.
One thing that I'm sure. In the same side the tanks are not equitable because i play a chosen and a BG and I see the differences and I understand why the BG are rare.
But i stop because this not the objet of the topic patch.

Manatikik

Post#117 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:59 pm

Spoiler:
Natherul wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:12 am Stuff like removing healing from getting rr is not something on the table and if not mentioned in the notes it should be assumed to be a bug and should be on the bugtracker with as much information as possible.

I was away for most of yesterday due to being in an exam but reading up on things we had an unforseen error that happened that may have been a cause of the issue that should hopefully be resolved by now. But again I stress that if something drastic changes and is not documented on the patch notes its most likely a bug and should be treated and reported as such.

This would be easier to follow if Devs in the past haven’t blatantly said they don’t put certain things in Patch Notes to see if anyone noticed. It’s hard to expect the player base to be consistent in response if the Dev Team isn’t with their communication/philosophy about changes.

Warning given for baiting - take note other trolls.
<Montague><Capulet>

GoshDarn
Banned

Post#118 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:25 am

Vanquisher for Sorc has exact amount of crit as Conq, you lose initiative and 4% damage could be seen as worse than the 100 toughness steal, if you were a glass half emtpy. The AP buff on that gear is 100% useless, as i've never once seen myself on my sorc going "Boy i could really use some AP right now". You have an ability that almost fills up your entire AP bar, and directly after you cast impending doom which brings you back up to 100 DM. It takes 1 global, also AP pots are dirt cheap, people literally give them away.

Vanquisher is Conqueror, new look same great taste, if you don't like initiative that is. If I go hit you in my conq gear and my vanq gear, my vanq gear is hitting you for a VERY tiny amount more, but if you walk and hit ME, I have -100 toughness and - some init. You know what, I might as well sell my AP pots so I can have more inventory space, I got a new AP buff in my best in slot gear.

I know you guys said you would encourage players to use a full set, but this Vanq set.. You really are better of stacking different bonuses from different sets. Literally 0 reward for farming conq-vanq. The only thing I got was incentive to level my White Lion, because I sure am not going to farm Vanq on my BW. It is almost tempting to go play Call of Duty instead, and get called horrible things by 14 year old kids staying up past their bedtime, and endure it.

I tried to test the morale 2 for Sorc, but the last time I used the morale pump tactic (Glorious Carnage) It took about 2 crits to get M1 and about 4-5 crits to get M2, now you can get 10 crits and every crit, the bar looks like it doesn't even move. Did you guys change how morale is calculated, or is that tactic broken?
-Bepbepimajep-81-Sorc

Ads
wonshot

Post#119 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:03 am

Just an overall concirn with game direction and patches as of late;

Whenever one realm seems to dominate, how come the "ruin and destruction" treatment seem to be the go-to solution.

A handful months back Order premade guilds were dominating the destro pug overlords and BW M2 got removed with the reasoning that it was no fun, lack of counterplay, too pugstompy and whatnot.
Then Order guilds quit and destro took a massive dominance spree, and as a bandaid solution M2 was given back to BW (the same reasons for removing it seemed to still persist but this was a carrot to bring people back)

So now its reverse, Order have seen a massive influx of players and are dominating (server is alive and kicking so the bandaid worked) and to give destro a chance to fight back they are granted the M2 tool (while still having the upper hand in moral-game?)

I personally welcome any changes and attempt towards giving the underdog realm a chance to fight back, and to create a more even realmbalance. it is not an easy task without perfect mirrioring, however these "moves and countermoves" for just bandaid to keep the server afloat dont seem to be a valid strategy longterm in my book.

Can we actually get an idea for how the balance goal looks, and will crossrealming be available in any way in that picture?
e.g:
All classes are aimed to have atleast 1 viable spec for either WB/6man
-Both realms need to have tools available to fight as underdogs in case of massively outnumbered
-Moral pump/drain/use needs to be balanced in a way that none of the realms have an upperhand in all categories.
- AOECrowdcontrol, displacements, pulls and interrupts will be just as available for both realms, or each realm have ad edge in some categories but never in a clear advantagous way.

For a while it looked good in terms of balance, reasonings were given out for us to easier understand what direction you wanted the game to go. Then I had a chat with Nat about moral abilties and was under the impression changes were coming to help that entire mess out, and get rid of the stuff that was not helping the game (direct unmitigated aoe moral?) and now we see more of the same, without much thought seem have have been put into it like previous BW M2 changes. Im sorry but what is the endgoal, where are we headed or are changes only made to keep the ship from sinking?

Else you might aswel go full mirrormode, or hit the 2009 Empire only bomb era of warband play since that seem to be the golden solution to these underdog problems (M2 moral bomb bandaid) and the classes not suited for that warbandplay are focused on smallman 6man and ganking.
Last edited by wonshot on Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

GoshDarn
Banned

Post#120 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:43 am

Good point. Maybe a tactic or something, "With this tactic, you can only be hit by damage from 2 different morales within 5 seconds, after that only effects apply until the 5 second timer is up" stopping you from taking 3-10 morale damages in half a second, and only able to be hit by 2 morales every 5 seconds, damage-wise but the utility effects would still apply. So you would slot this tactic if you were in a warband, maybe it unlocks if you are in a warband or it becomes core tactic. Maybe make it increasingly mitigated damage per incoming morale within 5 seconds. 1st one is 100% damage, second is 80%, all the way down to maybe 30% or something so the more morales you get hit by in a short time, the less effective each are damage-wise.

IDK what you mean exactly, but I think you mean that patches have been methods of holding players frustration with the game at bay. This game is free and the only alternative server is Apoc. Very slim choices there. Go to a pay to play game, go to Apoc, or Endure the stealth nerfs and.. Vanquisher gear. I mean my Sorc whom has never once had an AP problem all 81 renown ranks, all of a sudden has a brand new AP buff on Vanq, on her best in slot gear. There is not very many options, and unless they just start some sort of favoritism ban-fest, and keep "band-aiding" as you mentioned. Nobody is going anywhere, at least not until their friends do. It will take an entire group of friends to leave at a time together because the only reason players play this game is nostalgia, it is free to play, and their friends are here as well. They will leave together or not at all.
-Bepbepimajep-81-Sorc