Ads

Patch Notes 06/04/2019

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Ruotaka

Re: Patch Notes 06/04/2019

Post#71 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:46 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:30 am
Glorian wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:26 am But you still need BOs for getting Keep to 2 Stars, right?
BOs are still filling rank bar if it was the question.

Antamek wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:26 am Thanks for your work, just one question : T1 is impact too by this change ?
We are aware it could have a very important impact on T1, and we will carefully monitor it all the week.
a very important impact no ****. Doing rvr as a t-1 isnt worth it now. this was a completely terrible change. Whats the point in me doing rvr if there is no destro? Or order? i have both characters and sometimes rvr in t-1 is dead. this change makes no sense. Feels like i shouldnt even play this 12 year old game now. I dont get it. The game is fun let me game free exp in lower tier so i can move on. I want to rvr and i want to sc. sc is the only thing worth doing now for renown... what a terrible decision from your company. terrible decision making from the dev end. i cant believe it would pass your mind to remove defending from the game. what if no one wants to defend now? OH THATS WHATS HAPPENING IN RVR IN T-1 NOW. great patch. NOT. fix the game

Ads
Ruotaka

Post#72 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:56 pm

Dajciekrwi wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:31 pm Great News! This Bo tick was a needle in teh eye of RoR all time! Now hope all ppl start killing enemies! Veery good change!
BTW : how now look Keeper and Redeye set?
great change? more like terrible change. No one wants to defend in low level rvr now because you dont get exp or renown for defending a point. which should be in the game even if people are afking for it. It makes no sense for there not to be passive exp on the point when you are defending it. what if there is no destro or order? Oh wait thats what happens a lot at night. One side is way strong and will constantly win. BO ticks should be in the game. it shouldnt matter that some people are afking them because the rvr are still getting completed. If you dont want to spend a couple hours fighting you can get some exp by standing on the point defending. Oh destro attacks. you push them back and keep the point. is that no the point in defending a point? what if no one is coming to point you are defending for that hour. NO EXP NO REWARDS. THAT MAKES NO SENSE AND IS A HORRIBLE CHANGE. why should you get no rewards for doing something thats clearly meant to be in the game. Am i as a tank and healer meant to just leave the point for other to freely take? no. Im trying to keep the point in order control and i should be rewarded for that. Maybe a better change would have been 10 mins no combat you lose the exp and renown until you dmg someone on the other faction. Idk but this isnt a good change and you condoning it doesn't help because t-1 and im sure t-2 are much worse places to rvr because t-1 is terrible. Its like they only want me to play SC for renown and thats stupid. terrible change rethink this. or all new players will not want to rvr. No reason to defend a flag that you just took makes no sense. think about it. whats the point in defense and attack if you remove the defense part of it. **** you might as well make all rvr capture the flag if thats your mind set on how rvr should work.

peterthepan3

Post#73 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:02 pm

Ruotaka wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:46 pm
Glorian wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:26 am But you still need BOs for getting Keep to 2 Stars, right?

Antamek wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:26 am Thanks for your work, just one question : T1 is impact too by this change ?
We are aware it could have a very important impact on T1, and we will carefully monitor it all the week.
a very important impact no ****. Doing rvr as a t-1 isnt worth it now. this was a completely terrible change. Whats the point in me doing rvr if there is no destro? Or order? i have both characters and sometimes rvr in t-1 is dead. this change makes no sense. Feels like i shouldnt even play this 12 year old game now. I dont get it. The game is fun let me game free exp in lower tier so i can move on. I want to rvr and i want to sc. sc is the only thing worth doing now for renown... what a terrible decision from your company. terrible decision making from the dev end. i cant believe it would pass your mind to remove defending from the game. what if no one wants to defend now? OH THATS WHATS HAPPENING IN RVR IN T-1 NOW. great patch. NOT. fix the game
If you want to accumulate rewards whilst being AFK, I can recommend some other cool games - such as Candy Crush - that allow you to go AFK, eat pizza, and get rewards simultaneously.

Let's stop pretending that people AFKing on BOs from level 1 to 16 was anything but a joke, the ramifications of which can be felt later on in the game with a huge influx in zombiemode players.

drmordread
Suspended

Post#74 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:09 pm

Musica wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:52 pm
Spoiler:
drmordread wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:30 pm
Musica wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:48 am BO changes are good. Nicely done.

1. Wow, almost looks like sitting on a BO afk shouldn't be rewarded because playing is more fun. Atm, you can still sit on the BO and def if you don't like the zerg, it assures us a flag and makes the keep rank up steadily. It doesn't reward you if you just planned to afk on a flag.

2. Because you can't afk while in que for SC and get renown passively? That sounds good, no work no reward.

3. If they move to another zone, you lock the zone faster. You lock the zone faster, you get the lock tick with flag bonus for more endzone gain. Again, that is if you were planning on actually playin and get your contri up to get a fat tick.

4. This point makes 0 sense. But let's try and follow it a bit.
People need to learn how to sit on a BO because it's important for strategy and stuff.
Alright, just like animals then you were trained to gather on a BO and get treats in return. Now that the trick is learned, the treat disappears. Dog training 101. What you are asking is already achieved, this is the second step.
Also, i'm sorry but you're wrong in general on this. If you run around just killing, at the end of it you will never get to keep and lock the zone. We are not enough to already properly cover all the BOs, so that would mean that if said people who want to fight only fight, they end up with no keep, which also means longer times to go to fort. People will sit on a BO anyway for that, don't worry.
Removing the let's sit on a BO and just afk till someone kills us, we port back there and restart afking is not detrimental to the game at all.

P.S. The only thing i would add tho, to avoid that there are not enough people to hold BO and to give a "strategic" incentive to actually hold them would be to make the sitting on BO start a timer. The time needed to cap the BO back for the other faction increases by the amount of time the faction that was previously holding the BO was sitting on it, up to a cap.
I.E. Minimum numbers on the BO to start the timer would be 6 or 12. Minute increase is 1:1 with minute spent on it, cap is 5 minutes.
Now you would have people holding a BO and then moving, creating even more space for strategic gameplay as you can coordinate better to have all the BO capped.
Dunno, just an idea.
1- The biggest fallacy of your whole argument is this; People holding a BO are not afk. Are they in one place? Yes. Does not mean they are afk.

So your entire argument is "I dont want people sitting on a BO because (enter some BS reason I can not even think of)"
"More Fun", your words. What is fun? Well what is fun to me is not fun to you. What is fun for you is not fun for me. The game came designed to provide fun for a myriad of play styles. Slowly and surely, this is being reduced to one play style. Why? Who says that "YOUR" idea of fun, has to be everyone's idea of fun? What gives you the right to dictate to other players how they should have fun?
I understand that the current social norm is "If you dont agree with me you are wrong.", but this is not true. There is more than one way to have fun, but because it is not your way, (and those that think like you), it has to be gotten rid off. Selfish, but true.

The second biggest mistake; Assuming PUG wb's will play on the same level as guild/alliance organized wb's. And no this is not a que for you to regail us with the glory of organized guild alliance wb's. Some of us, hell most of us, don't want any of that BS, and never will.

2- Again, wrong assumption about being AFK. Sitting on a bo ranking the zone was (should be) rewarded because it was NEEDED. It still needs to be done, but now no reward. Guess what ... It wont be done.

3- Obviously you have given NO thought what so ever to the eventual endgame. Whoever locks 2 pairings faster wins. Now, unless the devs dumb down the game to a one pairing endgame, you will need people to do other zones. Again, no reward, no play.
As for playing for contribution; What kind of contribution do you plan on getting if opposition is in another zone ranking that up? Or even turtled up in a keep when a zerg gets real bad? Let's see ... you have 40% bonus but are getting 0 kills, so (to do my best Jayne Cobb impersonation) "40% of nothing is ...let's see ... carry the two, add the one ...ohh NOTHING" So where are you going to get contrib from for and I quote, "a big fat tick"?
Let me tell you about contrib. I sat on purpose in Reikland keep all during this mornings destro attack in reikland. Only thing I did was sally forth, cap Manor three times, ride back when capped (no point sitting on it right?). Rinse and repeat. This is what the game has DE-evolved down to. Hope your happy. Oh, and destro were not holding the BO either. They would cap and ride away to find some RR. So I did the same. I could not find ONE SINGLE solo destro anywhere to kill. For a WH class where that is the only thing they are capable of doing, this is sad. I am sure your AoE specced BW though is much more fun having more targets to AoE from a safe distance ...basically the cheesiest way to get kills in game. See what I mean by "Your way of having fun, is not everyone's way?"

Lastly; EVERYONE was happy. Well except for the ones who for some unknown reason want everyone riding around in a blob. I know its the new fad. Blob up and ride around hitting BO's evading enemy blob while picking off t2 mounted stragglers. All this new system is doing is insuring that everyone rides around together and fights together and ...whatever together, (insert some sort of bad expletive here). BOOORRRIIINNNGGGG!!!!!!

Now I know I wont change your mind. All the logic in the world would not do that because you want people to play the same style of game you play, and you will never see reason. But HEY.... It's good to know, that now you know, that not everyone thinks like you. And that's a good thing. Variety is the spice of life.
1. So, WE, SH, Choppas, any class that came onto a flag and proceeded to kill 5 people without getting any damage in return is a... God? Is he hacking everybody's computer so they are stuck and can't fight back? Are they having massive lags because of that player exploiting something? Conspiracy? Amagad.
The whole point you made out of me saying "It's more fun", if you get the whole quote, loses all its strength.
" Wow, almost looks like sitting on a BO afk shouldn't be rewarded because playing is more fun." Do you think that afking is more fun than playing? If you think that not playing is more fun than playing, why are you logging on?
And once again, this is based and in relation to the people who afk. BO still ticks when you defend it. So, once again, afking nets you keep and contribution but not renown from stayin at the flag. Fighting to defend it nets you contribution, RR, keep.
Only afking is taking the toll of this change. Only people who don't participate actively suffer from this change.
If you get enough contri, by doing either kills, capping flags, defending flags, playing at the keep, when the zone locks you get 30-40% more on the lock tick, which is not one, at all. So yeah, dumb argument there, kinda shows how all of this discussion is going over your head. But let's keep going.
Explain how you think afking at a BO is fun or what you do in the RvR lake since, because of the change you had this to say:
"2. As primarily on SC player you just took out any incentive what so ever to get in the lakes. Period. Ever."

Very quickly about "guild/alliance" and "pug" wb. I don't have a guild who has alliance or internal WBs. I run always pug, sometimes pug wb that i struggle to make by starting it myself and then tryin to turn it into a proper one. It's not on the level of a proper discord wb, but you'd be surprised how many people especially in the afternoon till night(I can talk only about EU time, i do not know the situation in NA time) are willing to play together and follow even if the warband is just made out of pug.
And you'd also be surprise how it's really easy to communicate with the other people running warbands and have a bit of coordination. Tidbum, Feroze, Kela just to name a few, all will try and organize a wb and actively speak in /1 with others to properly do stuff. And those are not full premades warbands.

2. It is rewarded. IF they attack you and you defend it, it ticks. If you actually keep playing in the zone, you can then go to keep, lock the zone and get the zone lock RR tick with a 30-40% increase, which scales on your contribution in your zone. So, the reward is there, you don't get rewarded by just stayin at the flag while in que for SC.
You are still free to define what do you do, while sitting on the flag or in the RvR lake in general.

3. So, your whole point here is "I'm playin a solo class and there is nothing for me to do, so i don't consider being in the RvR lake fun". Yeah, go scenario then. Or stay on the flag instead of roaming and when someone comes to cap and run away, wait in ambush and kill him. See? You didn't even have to chase, just to hide and let him come to you so you could kill him. Also, nothing prevents you from running in a 6 man if you see they are capping BOs in more than one. Or going in a zone where you have aao and do the same you claim destro does to get renown or just roaming and whatever.
And btw, i guess you're talking about city sieges. Yeah well, you also have to lock the zone, which means that you have to get the keep and i don't believe a handful of people afking at BOs will make a difference. People who will fight for the BOs, will get ticks. And possibly, you will also have aao in that zone if you are going in the zone destro is tryin to defend while running away from the main fight. So, see? Everything works out. And still, you need to cap the keep at some point so, if we are winning one zone, and destro is pushing another zone, the third zone is either gonna be about everyone fighting, about a faction giving up just to get to city siege or about who's faster about winning the first zone or who has the biggest numbers. So i don't see how you afking at BOs will help anything.

The last bit is you trying your best to break your arm jerking off, so pointless to address it but i wanna say something.
All these words, yours and mine, and you still have missed the point of my whole argument.
I don't care what you do, i don't care if you join the RvR lake, if you afk or not. I don't care, at all.
What i think it's wrong and it's a healthy change for the game is to remove the passive RR ticks from just afking at BO.
In less words: Afking should not be rewarded.

And i explained enough that you can get rewards just by playing. Even in solo like you want to do.
1. You talk about a rare occurrence where 3 or 4 or 5 players are all afk, or typing in chat, or what ever.
For every one of those cases, I have seen cases of entire 6 man groups getting killed cause they run into a BO expecting people there to be afk and get wiped. Hell my favorite tactic was to stand still, and pretend I was afk to trick some destro to come in, and I was not the only one.
SO the truth is, you base all your arguments on an assumption that people are afk. NO, wrong. Again and again and again, I will say the same thing to you. BO's need to be held. Holding a BO does not mean you are afk. Why can't you understand this? What is it inside you that automatically calls people afk'ers, because they are holding a BO? They are doing exactly what the game mechanics mean for them to do. Except now they don not get rewarded for it. Why? Where is the fairness in this? People are playing like they are supposed to be get no reward?
And NO, final tick does NOT COUNT AS A REWARD! That whole concept is so stupid.

A- If your side is getting zerged, you are not going to be holding any BO's at final tick, so no RR bonus.
B- Zerging or being zerged, all morning I watched players tag a BO and leave it. Fighting was down across the entire lake, except for ONE BO. So everyone goes to that BO. To rank keeps to 2 stars, people had to sit on BO's and do nothing. So you did not stop people from afk'ing. You stopped players from getting rewarded for holding a BO.
C- AFK ...Away from keyboard. Once flagged as AFK by the game you get no RR, no XP, no INF. Your entire argument of people getting rewarded for afk is WRONG!!! So what is the point of this no rewards? It is not helping anything. It is hurting. There is no reason for it, period.

2- So basically you just dont want players of the defending realm to get RR. This is all I get from your comment. Yes, when you lock the zone you get a bonus. (See more below), that makes up for losing the ticks on the BO.
OK ... where does the defending realm get a bonus to make up for losing the RR ticks?
This game has to be fair. This game has to be impartial. SO answer me ... where is the "Bonus" that defenders get? They dont. But you dont care because Order is zerging every day.
Maybe for your self you dont care. But hey...who are you to define everyone's RvR experience by what you like or do not?
Lastly... whoopsie...sorryyyyyyy .... the so called 40% tick on the end SUCKS compared to BO ticks and fighting on ALL BO's not just one. Basically RvR just sucked today, and you loved it sucking. Weird!

3- Why should I sit on a flag if there is no rewards? And I know I am not the only one thinking this. A LOT of times flags just went green today. Why? because who is going to sit on a BO getting zero action, while everyone is fighting at say Reikwatch?
Reikwatch BO was where all the action was. So why should I sit on a BO to rank our keep and get nothing? You like this system, YOU go sit on a BO and pray that someone shows up, and I will go fight on the only BO where there is fighting. I am not going to rank up a zone for you while you fight and I get nothing. Not happening bro. And I seriously doubt anyone is going to sacrifice their renown gain and sit on a BO with no ticks, while you do the fighting, and get crests, and renown. They would be idiots to do so.

And the last bit. You know you hating people getting rewarded for being afk ... Who are you trying to kid? We all know that when you are flagged AFK you dont get ticks. So your whole argument of people afk'ing and being rewarded ... FAKE NEWS bro!!! It never happened. So, as I have stated all along ... YOU ARE WRONG!
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

drmordread
Suspended

Post#75 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:17 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:02 pm

If you want to accumulate rewards whilst being AFK, I can recommend some other cool games - such as Candy Crush - that allow you to go AFK, eat pizza, and get rewards simultaneously.

Let's stop pretending that people AFKing on BOs from level 1 to 16 was anything but a joke, the ramifications of which can be felt later on in the game with a huge influx in zombiemode players.
FACT; When flagged AFK you get no rewards. So your entire argument of being rewarded for doing nothing is false. People were rewarded for playing the game as intended. Hold a BO till t1 zone locks, or a t2-t4 keep gains 2 stars so you can begin siege.

Your REAL argument is that the people who sit on a BO to rank a zone and helping you to rank a zone while you fight, do not deserve a reward. Enjoy killing the game!

peterthepan3

Post#76 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:19 pm

drmordread wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:17 pm

FACT; When flagged AFK you get no rewards. So your entire argument of being rewarded for doing nothing is false. People were rewarded for playing the game as intended. Hold a BO till t1 zone locks, or a t2-t4 keep gains 2 stars so you can begin siege.

Your REAL argument is that the people who sit on a BO to rank a zone and helping you to rank a zone while you fight, do not deserve a reward. Enjoy killing the game!
Whatever you say, mate.

kuj0jotar0

Post#77 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:24 pm

anarchypark wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:54 pm
kuj0jotar0 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:46 am So WBs that keep BOs to get keep 2 stars get nothing while the roaming WBs, solo killers and 6men get a renown buff?

It was boring to hold a BO now it's boring and rewardless.

exactly. don't be boring. go roam, solo kill, get a grp.

Yeah, lets not keep BOs, no wait, lets not even cap them just roam around forever in Praag.

drmordread
Suspended

Post#78 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:31 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:19 pm

Whatever you say, mate.
So the magus got rr. The AFK players were NOT getting any RR. When flagged AFK you dont get INF/XP/RR. Period. You do not get them. That is how the game works. Your argument just has no merit at all.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#79 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:39 pm

drmordread wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:31 pm

Whatever you say, mate.
So the magus got rr. The AFK players were NOT getting any RR. When flagged AFK you dont get INF/XP/RR. Period. You do not get them. That is how the game works. Your argument just has no merit at all.
Point is people have become accustomed to standing on a flag and standing idly by as if they were AFK, with very little movement, just to get those juicy ticks. You're being pretty silly: they weren't moving, they may not have triggered AFK status but they were certainly not being attentive to their screens (alt-tabbed/eating/w.e), and the only reason people have been doing this en masse is because of the constant trickle of RR.

You sound like one of those flag humpers who just got his toys taken away. It'll be alright, bro.

Sudien

Post#80 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:02 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:39 pm
drmordread wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:31 pm

Whatever you say, mate.
Point is people have become accustomed to standing on a flag and standing idly by as if they were AFK, with very little movement, just to get those juicy ticks. You're being pretty silly: they weren't moving, they may not have triggered AFK status but they were certainly not being attentive to their screens (alt-tabbed/eating/w.e), and the only reason people have been doing this en masse is because of the constant trickle of RR.

You sound like one of those flag humpers who just got his toys taken away. It'll be alright, bro.
Now you only see zerg of 60+ and premades farming those who stay at bo's to help zergs ....