Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 18/06/2020 - Garden of Qu'aph

Moderators: Developer, Web Developer, Language Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
User avatar
Ugle
Posts: 523

Re: Patch Notes 18/06/2020 - Garden of Qu'aph

Post#71 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:57 pm

Might as well roll back all SW changes then, at least it would be fun to play, albeit "bad".
Ugle - SW | Amoebas - AM | Amoeba - SM
Gief - SH | Sidathex - WE | Pnzr - BO | Uglegutt - SQH
Inactive

Ads
UnspeakableOath
Posts: 23

Re: Patch Notes 18/06/2020 - Garden of Qu'aph

Post#72 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:55 pm

I've been playing SW since the change and have a few thoughts if anyone is taking anecdotal recommendations:

-I'd agree that Glass Arrow still isn't where it needs to be. As those above pointed out, it is unusable in any AOE situation and is extremely draining single target with RF.

-Steady Aim needs to be reworked or completely overhauled. It is useless in all stance with all builds. I've spoken with several SWs, and no one uses it, ever. The 1s add to all skills is simply too overbearing, even on crit builds.

-There are several tactics that are underwhelming, like replenishing strikes (as the 3 second CD is, in my opinion, at least 1 second too long for 40ap) and others are too specific (all the tactics in the Scout tree, two of which are required to make Festering Arrow viable). It limits builds significantly because if you spec Scout, you pretty much lose two tactic slots for festering and most everyone requires the +ballistic, so you really only have one choice of other tactic.

-Having played both Scout and Skirmish, I'm not sure what skirmish (both the stance and the talent tree) are supposed to provide. The toughness boost is not enough to mitigate the range and the purely physical damage makes one useless at warband RVR except in niche areas. Scout is currently decent as a short-term long range nuke, but the ap drain makes it so you have one salvo and then can't do anything for several seconds, so if you fail to kill your opponent or they escape or you get engaged that's pretty much it for you.

I'm sincerely hoping that this isn't the end of these changes and things can get turned around. After the BHA fiasco, I agree with most of the above posters that SW is actually less viable, less useful, and less fun in all stance (excepting maybe Assault) since the changes.

User avatar
Rahum
Posts: 22

Re: Patch Notes 18/06/2020 - Garden of Qu'aph

Post#73 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:52 am

Stop !!! I do not know what you are guided by doing this. With each patch, you nerf SW more and more. Stop listening to the nooids of SW and destro who just whine that they are being killed. Class balance is just at the bottom.
Registered: Sun July 20, 2014 15:05
Rahum-SW80+
Benzine-BW80+
Buffhead-WP80+
Thiswaip-KotBS80+
Shiniobi-SH79+

User avatar
cursedflesh
Posts: 84

Re: Patch Notes 18/06/2020 - Garden of Qu'aph

Post#74 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:46 am

order complains about melee squig overbuffed -> noone cares
destro complains about sw -> instanerf

only bh arrow nerf was needed
Garrth <Guerrilla>

Erestor
Posts: 3

Re: Patch Notes 18/06/2020 - Garden of Qu'aph

Post#75 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:10 pm

Draahl wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:30 am
Erestor wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:48 pm
Thx for the work you're putting into the game. I'm not a fan of PvP, and I won't use the arena but kudos to you for your dedication and commitment to improve the game. I'll wait patiently for more PvE content :)
Hi ! What is the game like for you? You only do PvE? Do you have friends with you that you do PvE with? What's your favorite class? At what point did you decide the PvE was more fun? Super curious.
I've been a PvE fan since I remember really :) The main appeal for me is the storyline, the feeling of achievement and progression and the ability to have full control over the pace of the game. It also gives me freedome as nobody relies on me and I can do what I want at any time. I am a casual player so I don't build any serious in-game relationships, but PQs are awesome to join some random people and play together. My favourite classes in MMOs are usually ranged DPS preferably with AOE damage, so I mainly play Engineer and Bright Wizard. I do understand the appeal of PvP for people who spend significant amount of time in game and are able to have parties and warbands with their friends. For me it's impossible to have this kind of commitment as I run my own business and have two daughters aged 4 and 7 :) The fact that I can come back to the game every now and then and do some quests and push the story forward is a great way to relax after a busy day or week :) I hope I'll be able to play WAR with my daughters when they are a bit older :D WAR mechanics of mobs are a bit outdated, but I extremely like the style of the graphic design and the lore so it keeps me coming back. I think it's my second favourite game after Diablo 2 :)

User avatar
Ventris
Posts: 2

Re: Patch Notes 18/06/2020 - Garden of Qu'aph

Post#76 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:28 am

Wolfvulture wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:00 am
Unfortunately the repair did not work.
*solved*

Hi i have the same issue.
My character login stuck in the loading screen of zone 413.
I clicked on the portal in Altdorf.
Is there a solution for that.
Repair also don't work for me.

Thanks in advance.

*edit* Solution is to type /stuck. I works also in the loading screen.

User avatar
Beara
Posts: 38
Contact:

Re: Patch Notes 18/06/2020 - Garden of Qu'aph

Post#77 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:16 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:33 pm
Beara wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:03 pm
Did i miss the section of rSH buffs? or are we just not gonna call that out and ignore it and pretend everything is aight?
There is not section for squig buffs because we did not work on them at the same time, nor did we say we were working on the same time, and when asked we specifically said that we would not be working on them at the same time. However, they're next up for balance changes. Maybe they'll be buffs!

View first unread post Patch Notes 10/06/2020 - Happy Birthday
[Classes]

Shadow Warrior changes have arrived. These changes are aimed (haha) at giving ranged Shadow Warrior specs a bit more love, something long overdue. Naturally we will be keeping a close eye on how these changes perform.

Squig Herders are coming up next, but we're going to give it at least a week before we get started on their changes.


You don't have to tell me what you said, because I read what was said on the official patch notes release on 6/10/2020. Here is what was said to the community. So maybe hold that snarky attitude and save for someone else. Cuz i'm not the one. People are just waiting for the changes that were announce about a month ago.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate you guys and all the work you do, but when you're wrong you're wrong. Thanks for taking the time to address me personally.
Beara; Annarexia; Bellemia; Beawaaghh; Nightengale
Araeb; Beamz; Blockityblock

I'll be a douche at some point, but I'll be right about it.

Omegus
Posts: 414

Re: Patch Notes 18/06/2020 - Garden of Qu'aph

Post#78 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:30 pm

Beara wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:16 pm
wargrimnir wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:33 pm
There is not section for squig buffs because we did not work on them at the same time, nor did we say we were working on the same time, and when asked we specifically said that we would not be working on them at the same time. However, they're next up for balance changes. Maybe they'll be buffs!
Squig Herders are coming up next, but we're going to give it at least a week before we get started on their changes.[/b]

(Bunch of crap removed)
"Squig Herders are coming up next, but we're going to give it at least a week before we get started on their changes."
"at least a week before we get started on their changes."
"at least a week before we get started"
"before we get started"
"get started"

As much as I love people calling Warg out, he did quite clearly say that they were going to get started on the changes on the changes a week after the SW went live. As in, they hadn't started yet, and were going to make a start in a week or so. And making a start in a week doesn't mean they will finish in a week.
Your sig wrote:I'll be a douche at some point, but I'll be right about it.
Well you were half right today.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot
Addons: CityFix v1.0

Ads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron