Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 26/08/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Pyte

Re: Patch Notes 26/08/2020

Post#61 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:56 pm

Not that the dev team hears this. But these Dok/WP changes just outright stink. You have already halved the heals from live and buffed trees to make up for this. We no longer are the heal machines we were. There's no 10 SE chalices. We had a few tools to manage the mechanic including the long grind of sov gear from CRESTS only. I understand this game isn't like live, but it was built from the nostalgia of live. The shield dok was inventive and fun and didn't overtly change anything but offered a viable third tree. DoK mechanic is to balance ap and se not completely rely on se (hurt more by reducing se regen).
The above poster nailed it on the head. Why are dok dps skills being given to WP without the heal skills coming the other way. The diversity made them fun. Now it just looks like a bias.

Please roll this back.

Side note: the scen changes to protection...awesome

Ads
Retsudrats

Post#62 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:00 pm

- Divine Strike: Cost changed from 30 AP to 30 RF. Healing radius is increased from 10ft to 20ft.
The only warrior priest(and DoK) change I want reverted. The healing radius would be alright, the change from AP to RF is going to massively change how the class feels. Now locked into one specific generator for RF with the rest being on a cooldown and extremely situational. I liked the idea of having one generator for damage, and the other doing less damage but adding a healing component. This made it a non-issue when it came to casting everything else, and by non-issue I mean in how you spent RF. RF spending was either "I need to heal" or "I need more damage/CC". I even wanted more spenders which we now have. But when you remove the only RF generating healing option, you basically remove the playstyle that got me to pick warrior priest in the first place. Only level 14, started about a week ago, wanted to play WP because it wasn't a typical stand in the back healer, but now I feel shoehorned into basically respeccing into direct healing. RF is pretty limited, spamming bludgeon to gain it will result in huge healing down times, I'll have to pick between divine strike or my direct heals, and direct heals always win. If the idea is "I need healing" why would I ever pick Divine strike over Divine Aid or Healing hand? I really just feel like this change ruins the spirit of these two classes, relegates them to traditional healers, and significantly gimps the in-combat healer play style.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#63 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:01 pm

Pyte wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:56 pm Not that the dev team hears this. But these Dok/WP changes just outright stink. You have already halved the heals from live and buffed trees to make up for this. We no longer are the heal machines we were. There's no 10 SE chalices. We had a few tools to manage the mechanic including the long grind of sov gear from CRESTS only. I understand this game isn't like live, but it was built from the nostalgia of live. The shield dok was inventive and fun and didn't overtly change anything but offered a viable third tree. DoK mechanic is to balance ap and se not completely rely on se (hurt more by reducing se regen).
The above poster nailed it on the head. Why are dok dps skills being given to WP without the heal skills coming the other way. The diversity made them fun. Now it just looks like a bias.

Please roll this back.

Why wouldn't devs hear your opinion when they've been posting repeatedly in this thread?
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Rydiak

Post#64 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:16 pm

Retsudrats wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:00 pm
- Divine Strike: Cost changed from 30 AP to 30 RF. Healing radius is increased from 10ft to 20ft.
The only warrior priest(and DoK) change I want reverted. The healing radius would be alright, the change from AP to RF is going to massively change how the class feels. Now locked into one specific generator for RF with the rest being on a cooldown and extremely situational. I liked the idea of having one generator for damage, and the other doing less damage but adding a healing component. This made it a non-issue when it came to casting everything else, and by non-issue I mean in how you spent RF. RF spending was either "I need to heal" or "I need more damage/CC". I even wanted more spenders which we now have. But when you remove the only RF generating healing option, you basically remove the playstyle that got me to pick warrior priest in the first place. Only level 14, started about a week ago, wanted to play WP because it wasn't a typical stand in the back healer, but now I feel shoehorned into basically respeccing into direct healing. RF is pretty limited, spamming bludgeon to gain it will result in huge healing down times, I'll have to pick between divine strike or my direct heals, and direct heals always win. If the idea is "I need healing" why would I ever pick Divine strike over Divine Aid or Healing hand? I really just feel like this change ruins the spirit of these two classes, relegates them to traditional healers, and significantly gimps the in-combat healer play style.
I mean no offense to you with this, but feedback from a level 14 Warrior Priest is not worth much in my opinion. Shield-specced WPs/DoKs were GODS in T1 because of how they had near limitless healing and damage output due to having two resources that both healed (AP for Divine Strike, and RF for Divine Assault). Now you have to use a builder (like Bludgeon or Sigmar's Fist) to generate RF before you can spend it on healing (DS/DA), like how the class was designed. You CAN still cast heals too, you know? In 6 ranks you will gain Sigmar's Radiance, which will be your primary heal and RF generator and will bring a gameplay loop more to what you akin to. Keep at it, and you will eventually relish the fact that RF matters to WP specs outside of Salvation now.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Rydiak

Post#65 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:18 pm

Pyte wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:56 pm Not that the dev team hears this. But these Dok/WP changes just outright stink. You have already halved the heals from live and buffed trees to make up for this. We no longer are the heal machines we were. There's no 10 SE chalices. We had a few tools to manage the mechanic including the long grind of sov gear from CRESTS only. I understand this game isn't like live, but it was built from the nostalgia of live. The shield dok was inventive and fun and didn't overtly change anything but offered a viable third tree. DoK mechanic is to balance ap and se not completely rely on se (hurt more by reducing se regen).

Please roll this back.

Why are you relying completely on SE? Are you not using Transfer Essence?
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Keula

Post#66 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:23 pm

Welp back to pre-sov era slot that fueled action back in for heal dok/wp. Dps/shield changes however I like very much. You can actually heal properly with consume essence now and the possibility of 0cd execute for sounds lovely.
Alteredheal 85 DOK
Azerrad 79 Sorc
Lumoojatar 70 AM

satanicomoderno

Post#67 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:36 pm

DoK is dual wield wich means he has 40% of chance to proc snare and not 20%, also he has more parry rate than wp and can heal better on dps once he hits twice and faster than WP 2h.
If you dok lovers are crying about the changes, what about give dok the wound buffs instead Devour Essence, remove snare aura and give the same snare buff that wp received in this patch and give wp dual wield like dok? Then we have both classes very similar, but I do believe dok lovers will cry after see their beloved class nerfed.

Pyte

Post#68 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:36 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:01 pm

Please roll this back.

Why wouldn't devs hear your opinion when they've been posting repeatedly in this thread?
Wargrim, you especially enjoy the tears from your community but not for the benefit of the server. Strolling through your posts makes that pretty clear. You often describe the patch changes as temporary to experiment but nothing is rolled back unless broken. Why not get feedback from the community playing your experiment before making the changes? This private server has made some major improvements from live I quite enjoy. Then there's patches like this where you just scratch your head and wonder yet have no choice to play on cause we the community know the dev team will not hear the majority if they offer constructive criticism on the patch.

Examples in this patch alone: offering the defensive stats for tanks and absorbs in scenarios is awesome... encourages more of it. Nerfing a sov proc that was a grind and a half to get by farming 40+ cities...frustrating, encourages less of it.

Ads
DeadNerve

Post#69 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:48 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:00 pm
[City Sieges]

- Each flag in Stage 1 gives 3.5 minutes extra instead of 5 minutes.
I'm glad to see this change to city sieges. Should help with the snooze fest that happens in stage 1 sometimes. It'll hopefully make cities go a little faster but we'll see how it works in game.

Good work to the dev team for all the hard work that went into this patch.
Last edited by DeadNerve on Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Retsudrats

Post#70 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:49 pm

Rydiak wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:16 pm
I mean no offense to you with this, but feedback from a level 14 Warrior Priest is not worth much in my opinion. Shield-specced WPs/DoKs were GODS in T1 because of how they had near limitless healing and damage output due to having two resources that both healed (AP for Divine Strike, and RF for Divine Assault). Now you have to use a builder (like Bludgeon or Sigmar's Fist) to generate RF before you can spend it on healing (DS/DA), like how the class was designed. You CAN still cast heals too, you know? In 6 ranks you will gain Sigmar's Radiance, which will be your primary heal and RF generator and will bring a gameplay loop more to what you akin to. Keep at it, and you will eventually relish the fact that RF matters to WP specs outside of Salvation now.
I didn't know about Sigmar's Radiance, it actually just looks like Divine Strike on steroids, which seems like it will continue the play style that I was originally looking for. Thanks for pointing it out because I was thinking about rerolling as a result. Also, yeah, something I noticed on my way to level 14 was that it really didn't feel like I had any ways to effectively spend RF outside of Divine Aid and Healing Hand. I'll push on to level 20. I was already going to use a shield because Path of Grace with Sacrifice had originally drawn me to the character.