Ads

Patch Notes 05/11/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Specialpatrol

Re: Patch Notes 05/11/2020

Post#131 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:01 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:15 am [Knight of the Blazing Sun]

- Runefang now buffs Weapon skill and Toughness instead of Initiative and Toughness
- Efficient Swings effect changed from "All Path of Conquest abilities now cost 35% fewer action points." to "Detaunts are dispelled automatically when applied to you."

[Chosen]

- Daemonclaw now buffs Strength and Toughness instead of Strength and Weapon Skill
- Corruptive Power effect changed from "All Path of Corruption abilities now cost 35% fewer action points." to "Any time you receive critical damage, the attacker is cursed and their chance to critically hit is reduced by 25% for 10 seconds." This curse can be cleansed.

Is this a joke? If so, it's almost funny.

Chosen gets to debuff attackers (assuming it will work on multiple opponents) with a flat 25% chance to crit (which will affect all attacks on any opponent), while KotBS - probably the weakest dps-class in game - gets a detaunt remover? First off, the Chosen buff is way overboard. Did you even consider the amount of critical damage a single Chosen can nullify in a crowded aoe situation? Secondly, are anyone even bothering with detaunting a KotBS as it is?

Please discard and pull a new one up from the hat.

Also, please just restore Runefang to it's original state.
- Weapon Skill is welcomed back, since it's the only means to buff the parry rate in 2h spec (something more or less all other tanks can do - which apparently wasn't taken into consideration with the previous nerf).
- Removing the Initiative buff, however, now removes the only anti-crit buff the KotBS have - again something more or less every other tank have or can buff in some way.
- The added toughness buff is really not needed, since KotBS already have access to Rugged - whereas the original strength buff had way better logic, given that KotBS have a non-impressive strength scaling and no other viable tactics to help improve their already meager dps-output / strikethrough capability.
- Lastly, keeping a Weaponskill buff in the Glory tree, where the main spammable attack is now doing magic damage, is also just somewhat silly.
APONYMOUS l WP l R40 l RR8X
BRAKEDOWN l KOTBS l R40 l RR8X
BOILING l BW l R40 l RR8X
PUFFED l SLY l R40 l RR8X
RHYTHM l AM l R40 l RR8X
EEWULL l DOK l R3X l RR4X

Ads
Rydiak

Post#132 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:01 pm

Gurf wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:59 pm There isn't really such a thing as a Glass Cannon Chosen in this case, he won't have much parry or block but can very easily get over 1k toughnes and wounds, heavy armour, plus the tactic itself removes the need for Futile Strikes so they only take the occasional crit without having to spend all that rr to get it, which then frees up a whole load of rr to spend on other things. Plus you only need a couple in an entire warband to have the desired effect
This
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Rasenmeister

Post#133 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:04 pm

Secrets wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:47 pm We're gauging reactions to people playing the patch before making any changes.

I think 25% is far too much, and I let dalen know as much. He agrees, and it's likely this will be changed to 10% to match arcing swings' tactic in a hotfix before the weekend.

I think we'll observe with it at 10% until the next patch, and then adjust to 5% as needed.

I still think it needs an ICD (it's incredibly powerful) but I am reserving judgement for now.
This is not core tactic - almost all chosen by only quake and heal debuff aura.
If this tactic must be 10-15% - it must be not top tactic in tree

we always have unbalanced vigilance vs oppression - what reason in armor buff, when this dont work with potion
FMJ
Tristarix/Urgolf/Rakamaka/Shaefer
Tristasha/Gunthane

oaliaen

Post#134 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:09 pm

-10% would be enough..

Twick

Post#135 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:10 pm

Anyone else that would strangely comfortable with this patch being reverted?

....lol

Lesnoj

Post#136 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:20 pm

Secrets wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:47 pm ...
Dear Dev team,
With all respect, I do admire your work and great thanks to you all what you do.
Judging by all patches that have come out during this year/month I have a feeling that you guys don’t communicate between each other and before you put these patches live, do you really test them?
From my perspective of view and other players on stream/guild/ forum it looks like that you throw your thoughts into a big mixer and what’s come out will be implemented straight in to the game. No matter if its good or bad. With your changes you’re making your work not only harder but also making people angry. Don’t forget that we all love WAR and that’s the reason why we play it and why this server is still alive, but nothing is endless. As we players need developers, same it is with you guys, you need us so we can play and keep this server alive. Or your invested thousand hours might come one day in vane with this attitude.
Please don’t take this writing as flame of accusation I just wanted to speak out load, so you can realize that this situation is quite crucial.
Thank you for reading this.
Last edited by Lesnoj on Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wachlarz

Post#137 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:20 pm

Order has no skills/tacics that debuff enemy and increase crit chance ? Why only buffs ? Watch debuffs too

phononHYPE

Post#138 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:23 pm

You know what I love about this game, that this patch brings to the forefront? It keeps things fresh. Not liking the Knight auto detaunt, but all good. Liking the dot fixes, dats good. Love that you can remove buffs from self, thats great! Something something chosen... eh, we'll see. Keep it fresh team.
Last edited by phononHYPE on Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Ads
Zxul

Post#139 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:25 pm

Secrets wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:47 pm I think 25% is far too much, and I let dalen know as much. He agrees, and it's likely this will be changed to 10% to match arcing swings' tactic in a hotfix before the weekend.

I think we'll observe with it at 10% until the next patch, and then adjust to 5% as needed.

I still think it needs an ICD (it's incredibly powerful) but I am reserving judgement for now.
Secrets, the question is- for 5% reduce, why would any sane chosen spec it? Since it requires going full glass cannon to make any actual use of. Even for a 10%- a party in wb needs to be specifically build around chosen in this spec, including guard for him, and including healers which ain't based around absorbs (zealot is straight out, for example).
Gurf wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:59 pm There isn't really such a thing as a Glass Cannon Chosen in this case, he won't have much parry or block but can very easily get over 1k toughnes and wounds, heavy armour, plus the tactic itself removes the need for Futile Strikes so they only take the occasional crit without having to spend all that rr to get it, which then frees up a whole load of rr to spend on other things. Plus you only need a couple in an entire warband to have the desired effect
Lol. 1 k toughness without FS doesn't does much, armor does nothing vs magical (or slayer). "removes the need for Futile Strikes so they only take the occasional crit"- loool, instant crit spam by all rdps in the area sure isn't an occasional crit. "frees up a whole load of rr to spend on other things"- which ones exactly, since to make use of the tactic chosen can't spec avoidances or FS?

"Plus you only need a couple in an entire warband to have the desired effect"- I am really curious just what was the logical chain that lead you to think that typing this one is a fine idea. Plz enlighten me. Since chosen in spec where he can make use of this tactic needs guard- enlighten me, plz explain how a wb can spare "a couple" of guards, while still having the dps guarded?
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#140 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:28 pm

forsa wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:57 pm *afaik its 20% on 100 hate, st, 5 sec kd
*afaik absorb does not provide crit immunity waaay long ago
*RT reduce damage for 4 (four) sec, requires 3 stance and target to hit. You prob meant Lingering Intimidation - st,5 cd, -25% crit on target, 2 stance?
* 10% in 30ft aoe cone, target should not parry attack, mirrored to BG as skill
-There is a - crit dmg limi, als0 Ch can just go full Hardy Concession + tough + hp
Also it works on all targets hitting ch due to no icd.
- 20% on 100 hate/fury, and they can also buff their dark protector / oath buddy by 20%
- absorb does provide crit immunity until the absorb is off.
- damage reduction weighs higher than crit reduction, as damage is applied regardless of crit. also, Raking Talons is 100% uptime, Chosen's reactive ability is not.
- I actually think the crit damage liniment is busted right now. Need to check getstats for it next time I am ingame.
- Hardy Concession is a good point - however, full Hardy Concession means you also aren't dealing damage in return. HC is 15% reduced damage. 10% crit reduction is about 4.4% damage reduction if in a situation where you're always dealing damage.
Crits increase damage by 35% to 55% in a range - so 15% damage reduction from HC isn't too much if you're critting, but it's still significant. Also, remember - getting dodge/disrupted/blocked/parried means the debuff isn't applying. You need to make contact to apply the debuff, and it can be cleansed.

I think the ability having a per-person ICD would be much better - ie; every 10s, the ability can be applied again, lasts for 10s, once cleansed it can no longer apply to that target again until the ICD is up.