Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 27/11/2020

Moderators: Developer, Web Developer, Language Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
User avatar
Sinisterror
Posts: 200

Re: Patch Notes 27/11/2020

Post#291 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:39 am

I dont understand. Ive had alot of moments in ror where i can see the point in changing something espesially during .experimental modes. Lately i really dont see the larger point in most class changes, my first live main dps wp / dps dok is already a gutted soul, so is WL because pets dont receive grp heals. But this really makes SH maybe even more gutted because i the point of the class is kind of gone or the effectivness is gone from soulspec that is SH. Kudos to both melee sw + sh but tbf there is classes where small changes here and there would make game much more enjoyable for anyone who doesnt enjoy zerg riding and wouldnt take that much of your time like these changes. I dont want to cause any ill feelings toward staff because still same love and respect for them to be able to play this gem, but i want it to be the GEM.

Any long time SH player never would have said yes to this. Also making loads of melee vs ranged on rvr is weird. So much of the class uniqueness is gone;(. Im startin to feel worried about the soul of warhammer online and i really hope im wrong and this is not heading to much more boring and blander version of the game. EDIT; Giving quick reloader to engineer is a bit much dont you think ? No ap cost/instant summon without tactic to core would help enough, these 2 classes engi and magus are very good=) REMOVE 24 AE CAP.

Another edit. Another one of my favourites from live WE (also dok) has also taken hit because icd on kisses and no douple procs, im not sure anymore if these kiss procs could crit live because it has been quite a while, but every WE finisher hits 2 times for this reason, to proc the procs + proc dmg came before any else dmg live and that was good + also pretty sure dmg is also very nerfed on most procs + added icd :E WE still feels like WE to me in the game though. Is it possible to have 2 specs on characters that you can swap between what is needed ? Some limits to this ofc like maybe you can change spec/gear for 20 seconds and 2 min cooldown? At least that would bring variety to game and more classes would be able to stay unique. Add more wounds to rvr really. Make single target morales able to oneshot but keep the nerf in aoe morales.

MAKE BUFFS/DEBUFFS + PROCS STACK 2X = Str potion + own str buff or another str buff with higher value would stack with the potion but 2 buffs/debuffs only, same with resis/armour potions,procs and buffs. Nerf or boost abilities needed after this change. Im startin to think that WOUNDS Debuffs need to be removed=)
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Ads
lyncher12
Posts: 418

Re: Patch Notes 27/11/2020

Post#292 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:17 am

Brutinho wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:30 am
lyncher12 wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:41 pm
people just want to brainafk in forts spamming ranged aoe and are very envious of sw ability to do so. not that these changes aren't bad for the 5 people that enjoyed playing single target rsh
Sulorie wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:19 pm
For this range aoe there are already magus and sorc. SH adds melee aoe and with it's cd increaser and high mobility you have abilities other destro melee dd don't have.
Onigokko0101 wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:47 pm
The problem is Destro really has ONE good and viable ranged AoE and thats Magus. Its been gone over again and again on the forums, but Sorc's long range AoE is pitiful, and most of its AoE is mid-close range.
Furthermore, why is there an issue with giving Destro another viable ranged AoE? because they have 3 melee AoE? Why not give Order a third melee AoE in that case.
Its weird to me to have such a glaring difference between realms, as its not even about class identity/balance or whatnot. Let both realms have equal footing on ranged/melee
You guys are so disconnected from the actual conversation about rSH tweaks. None of the most experience players even proposed AoE changes to QS because it is understood that SH has in on their Boucin' Mastery. It seems that you are purposely focusing on the rant of a few lowbie SH complaining they are not SWs.

What it is trying to be done is to tone down QS damage and give it a longer range back in different alternatives (this could also work for SWs just FYI) or to make certain tactics that increase damage a negative effect such as lowering the range (so you have a similar situation to SW with their AoE and less range tactic).

Don't take it personal guys and don't get distracted by people asking for a mid range AOE SH, that is not the right way to go and it is not what is been tried to get accomplish.

If you want to know about the recommendations Jurki gave before the rework you can read them here viewtopic.php?f=15&t=42380
my comment wasn't an endorsement of the changes which quite frankly are god awful and if i mained sh i would quit.

User avatar
normanis
Posts: 663
Contact:

Re: Patch Notes 27/11/2020

Post#293 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:58 am

i think ppl should be carefull what to ask. they asked miror sw and what they got miror sw in kiting tree they start whant back old good rsquig back. or increase range back to 100 feet (where u can be safe). just whant to ask do u know what u whant?
p.s exploding arrer is giving free immunities (only 1 aoe abilitie left)

User avatar
Gurf
Posts: 495

Re: Patch Notes 27/11/2020

Post#294 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:08 am

A while back the Devs said on this forum that there wasn't much appetite for SH changes and there weren't many good suggestions proposed. After that they were bombarded with accusations of ignoring Destro and realm favouritism , so they probably felt they had to make some changes or they weren't listening to the player base, even though SH was already in a decent place.

SH were never going to get a ranged aoe spec because they have a melee aoe spec, just like SW doesn't get a melee aoe spec so they get it in ranged. And the changes were always going to be similar to the SW changes with regards to range. So you get what you ask for.

Jurki
Posts: 31

Re: Patch Notes 27/11/2020

Post#295 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:37 am

Gurf wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:08 am
A while back the Devs said on this forum that there wasn't much appetite for SH changes and there weren't many good suggestions proposed. After that they were bombarded with accusations of ignoring Destro and realm favouritism , so they probably felt they had to make some changes or they weren't listening to the player base, even though SH was already in a decent place.

SH were never going to get a ranged aoe spec because they have a melee aoe spec, just like SW doesn't get a melee aoe spec so they get it in ranged. And the changes were always going to be similar to the SW changes with regards to range. So you get what you ask for.
And still they also got substantial feedback of experienced players who underlined the importance of only slight adjustments. I dont get why people tend to want to have a group or a person responsible for anything bad might have happened. The problem is now here, now lets fix it. Yeah and the discussion about a viable range aoe spec is something beyond my understanding. Shifts the attention away from the actual issues the class faces now.

User avatar
NSKaneda
Posts: 648

Re: Patch Notes 27/11/2020

Post#296 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:19 am

Jurki wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:37 am
Yeah and the discussion about a viable range aoe spec is something beyond my understanding. Shifts the attention away from the actual issues the class faces now.
Having a discussion warrants some form of compromise. When devs position on these changes is, more or less, "this is what we want, adapt or gtfo" there's not much room to "discuss" anything. It's clear that our range is nerfed forever and gear-dependant class remains gear dependant even if dps "rotations*" are dumbed down enough to become noob friendly. From ranged utility class that Squig Herders were before they are now short range lol-dps class. The shock of transition from being useful in sieges and orvr to sitting in the back and watching AMs and Engies on walls or in the back without being able to do anything about it and being forced to small scale (6v6 and scs) leaves sour (dis)taste.

I like "new and reworked, not improved" burst even if I die A LOT more than before (l2p issue and obvious lack of range to deal with rDPS sans SWs). Lack of utility and being forced to use shrapnel arrerz as the only opener and dismount option makes me rage every 15 mins.

AMs and WHs are the new gobbo bane (funny enough WLs are easy to kill now).

-
-

* I use the term "rotations" loosely because lack of range on half of my skills and stationary nature of the other half forces me to mash 2-4 buttons all the time - before the patch I used 5-7 skills in rotation. And like before if I stand still for more than 2 seconds I die.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM, Mordoszczel BO | Ginnar IB, Zuriael AM ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

User avatar
Crumbs
Posts: 199

Re: Patch Notes 27/11/2020

Post#297 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:35 am

Flame turret is still too squishy, 50% not enough for a melee range turret that receives no healing, and still takes 16sec for full buildup of damage/defensive stacks. The stacks on flame turret are more for the dodge disrupt and they are dying to even ranged aoe long before any melee push. Still a counterintuitive turret by design. Applies to magus as well. There's no play involving skill to make this function any better in its current state.
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

User avatar
Abe
Posts: 31

Re: Patch Notes 27/11/2020

Post#298 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:14 pm

sogeou wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:36 pm
Onigokko0101 wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:19 pm
sogeou wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:16 pm


Wait, Destro has always been mostly in control of winning. For up to 8 months destro was winning 75% of the cities.
and yet good organized Order guilds never had issues winning from day 1. Just like Order keeps saying to Destro "Organize for Forts" they said the same for city, and yet Destro got a long long long string of nerfs on just about every class.
You are wrong, there only was one or two order guilds which might not have had problems. Order can win easy in 6v6. In WB vs WB it was a different story during the great aoe mara, mSH, choppa mix. Destro has not had that many nerfs. It is mostly in your head. Destro got what it wanted, HUGE BUFFS for SH. To bad they did not listen to the SW who said you guys should not ask for buffs as you will be nerfed with your ranged as they were.
OMG "nerfed SW" hahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Ads
marafado
Posts: 80

Re: Patch Notes 27/11/2020

Post#299 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:29 pm

ohhhhh....many years of "best patch ever" can give wrong ideias to young /aprentice devs trying to get portfolio

User avatar
wargrimnir
Head Game Master
Posts: 7097
Contact:

Re: Patch Notes 27/11/2020

Post#300 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:52 pm

marafado wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:29 pm
ohhhhh....many years of "best patch ever" can give wrong ideias to young /aprentice devs trying to get portfolio
No idea what forums you've been hanging out on, but nothing about balance is remotely peaceful. Everyone wants their own personalized ideal changes, always buff, never nerf, and a hex on your home if you change their special thing.

If anything it's preparing for a fight any time a change is made because someone is inevitably going to hate it before they even log in to the game and skip right to logging into the forums to make sure we know how stupid/wrong they think we are.

But that's just part of the job I guess.
Image
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests