Ads

Patch Notes 03/12/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Onigokko0101

Re: Patch Notes 03/12/2020

Post#101 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:11 pm

teiloh wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:59 pm
noronn wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:33 pm To all the pepegas crying about Run Away!

Squig has 1 tactic that is called Run Away! and procs on direct dmg hit and increases movement speed by 30% for 5 seconds. Doesnt break on ability usage and never did on live either.

Squig also has 1 ability called Run Away! which requires an active pet and increases your run speed by 30% upon activation with 10 second duration and 45 seconds cooldown. Doesnt break on ability usage and never did on live either.

Before the SH rework you would spec this ability in every single spec you would run on a SH. The fact you clowns just realize that abiity existsts now and suddenly think its a problem is hilarious.

Please continue with the whine and entertain us further!
If anything, it just goes to show how insanely overpowered both abilities are and how Destro still cries despite having almost all of the top 10-20 best abilities in the game.

Did you know that the "Taunt" under Run Away is basically Distracting Bellow? Except it's free, gives you a speed buff that doesn't break, is on a 45s timer and costs no morale. I'm pretty sure at this point that 95% of the playerbase isn't even aware because it's not in the tooltip.

Literally the most broken ability in the game that flies directly in the face of several design principles of not only Mythic but also the RoR team.
Please list these 10-20 insanely overpowered abilities on Destro.

Go ahead, ill wait.
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

Ads
catholicism198

Post#102 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:11 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:49 pm
Grunbag wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:47 pm
NSKaneda wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:46 pm
Spoiler:

So SHs have no instadots now? Wow, just wow :?

Dot cast time didn’t changed ?
5s cooldown is quite a lot when going 'round covering health debuff on multiple targets. Basically forces rSHs into ST playstyle even more.
They made that change last week when they removed Shoot Thru Ya and gave Explodin' Arrer an aoe knock back. Free immunity and weak dot? choices.
Then again, we do have an m3 that we can use every 3 minutes... if we stay alive and in combat. :roll:

Renown cost removal is nice.

teiloh

Post#103 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:16 pm

Onigokko0101 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:11 pm
noronn wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:33 pm
Please list these 10-20 insanely overpowered abilities on Destro.

Go ahead, ill wait.
GTDC, Chop Fasta, BO CD reducer, ez.

catholicism198

Post#104 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:20 pm

Not sure about the SOR changes.
Not displaying numbers, at least during NA times, makes it really hard to gauge the likelihood that you'll run into friendly or enemy players.

What does each label translate to?
Scouts 6? --no action, especially when you factor afks
Parties 12? ---might have action, + above
Warbands 48?

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#105 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:22 pm

catholicism198 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:20 pm Not sure about the SOR changes.
Not displaying numbers, at least during NA times, makes it really hard to gauge the likelihood that you'll run into friendly or enemy players.

What does each label translate to?
Scouts 6? --no action, especially when you factor afks
Parties 12? ---might have action, + above
Warbands 48?
If we wanted to have exact numbers we would have put exact numbers, obvious I'm sure, perhaps needed to be said at some point.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

CeeJay89

Post#106 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:24 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:01 pm
Spoiler:
noronn wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:33 pm To all the pepegas crying about Run Away!

Squig has 1 tactic that is called Run Away! and procs on direct dmg hit and increases movement speed by 30% for 5 seconds. Doesnt break on ability usage and never did on live either.

Squig also has 1 ability called Run Away! which requires an active pet and increases your run speed by 30% upon activation with 10 second duration and 45 seconds cooldown. Doesnt break on ability usage and never did on live either.

Before the SH rework you would spec this ability in every single spec you would run on a SH. The fact you clowns just realize that abiity existsts now and suddenly think its a problem is hilarious.

Please continue with the whine and entertain us further!
If anything, it just goes to show how insanely overpowered both abilities are and how Destro still cries despite having almost all of the top 10-20 best abilities in the game.

Did you know that the "Taunt" under Run Away is basically Distracting Bellow? Except it's free, gives you a speed buff that doesn't break, is on a 45s timer and costs no morale. I'm pretty sure at this point that 95% of the playerbase isn't even aware because it's not in the tooltip.

Literally the most broken ability in the game that flies directly in the face of several design principles of not only Mythic but also the RoR team.
You forgot to mention that it's tied to a pet in your list of attributes. How do you suppose that minor drawback feeds into the skill?

SH being tied to a pet isn't really a drawback in the same way that the pet is a drawback to WL. SH also has multiple pets, so if their pet dies...just cycle through (or use one of the multiple ways to instant cast it).

I don't know, at this point I'm not really understanding how anybody can't see how absolutely overloaded SH is in every way. But Destro isn't going to admit it because it's their class, and staff seem to be okay with it, so I guess that's where we're at and how it's going to be. I'm tired of seeing it pointed out and pointing it out myself, so I guess this is just one of those "deal with it until frustrations boil over" situations and the class gets dealt with.

Fey

Post#107 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:31 pm

Patch day, we love it. Don't we love it folks?

I had no idea how offensively OP RunAway is. I'm fairly steeped in the forum dramas here, and I can't recall much salt regarding an admittedly powerful kite ability. I personally did raise my thick manly eyebrows at the change, but i care way more about BoE Vanq.

And for the 4 people who say, "of course destro would say that robble robble;" BTC is mostly dead and we've been playing order for a year now. I'm just too lazy to update my sig. Destro city deathball is a bigger obstacle for Order than a very good escape tool.

Interesting changes as always, lets bang it out and see the results.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Fey

Post#108 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:37 pm

As far as SH now being OP, destro had to deal with SW double initiative debuff for how long? That's some OP **** there. And it's not like rSH damage is insane, it's that the SH might get away after we wipe the rest of his group. Oh no, don't do that.

The far bigger change on RoR is the toning down of the insane crit meta order used to have, and the insane proc meta destro used to have. If you're going to weep blood start there and internal cooldowns.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Ads
oaliaen

Post#109 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:43 pm

teiloh wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:16 pm
Onigokko0101 wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:11 pm

GTDC, Chop Fasta, BO CD reducer, ez.
Spoiler:

Koha

Post#110 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:47 pm

Fey wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:37 pm As far as SH now being OP, destro had to deal with SW double initiative debuff for how long? That's some OP **** there. And it's not like rSH damage is insane, it's that the SH might get away after we wipe the rest of his group. Oh no, don't do that.

The far bigger change on RoR is the toning down of the insane crit meta order used to have, and the insane proc meta destro used to have. If you're going to weep blood start there and internal cooldowns.
Indeed, overall we’re following the good path.

The free renown spec is awesome. thx devs
MA Kirth BG Melnibone SH Kikass
WH Merci SM Kohagen SL Koagul