Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Ramlaen

Re: Patch Notes 03/12/2020

Post#51 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:49 pm

Grunbag wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:44 pm
Ramlaen wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:43 pm
Spellbound wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:33 pm

In exchange for being able to attack with the speedburst for 7 secs. Melee classes rejoice!
And then they can pikachuface when the forum gets flooded with cries as people realize how powerful movement buffs that do not break are.
You mean it took them 12 years to understand it doesn’t break on the move ?
Charge has always broken on ability use. Charge being changed to mirror Run Away would lead to pages of forum crying as people could not get away from mdps.
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

Ads
maxonian

Post#52 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:55 pm

Krima wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:35 pm 0 drawbacks

Tier S Range dps
I'll have some of that what you're smoking ;)

Imagine having to rely on a buggy pet for some of your abilities and tactics to work (sometimes pet randomly disappears, sometimes UI bugs out, sometimes you re-summon your pet only to get cd going (30 sec baby!) but no pet actually appears)..

Imagine having your "stance" (pet) get melted in seconds in enemy aoe during keep and fort sieges and thus your "class mechanic" gets disabled for a long time. Yes, even your new and shiny super OP, overbuffed, nerf immediately 15ft OMG gas squig..

Imagine BW and Sorc players discussing their dmg numbers and time in taking down training constructs and posting screenshots of having 2+k sustained dps and 9k 3sec burst damage while SH is nowhere close to that..

... and still getting called S-tier range DPS :lol:

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#53 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:55 pm

Grunbag wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:55 pm
Oglaf wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:52 pm
Grunbag wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:47 pm

Skirmish / mobility / short range ?
The removal of the Knockdown from the Big tree (and 100 range) seems... bad at first. But then, according to this Gas Squiggy should put all your Quick abilities up to 80 range, right? In combination with Run Away! being made core to act as a MDPS-like Charge ability to get within range... Hmm. Not bad.

It is just a shame I never got to try out the Behind Ya + Finish 'Em Off combo because since they were both Instant cast earlier, that would've been a killer burst combo. :)
FEO and BY are both instant cast
Aye, but not in Quick Shootin I meant.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#54 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:56 pm

BelligerentBob wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:46 pm The team hasn't gotten it right but they're going in the right direction with these changes by moving Run Away! to a core ability. The game is balanced around group play, not one-on-one vacuums. Ranged Squig Herders got a massive rework BUT that made the class feel clunky and unnatural to veteran QS Squig Herder players who suddenly found themselves in the fray with melee.

That said, every mDPS has a form of speed boost, some even multiple, and your snare/root break/immunity should not be used recklessly considering the cooldown on it.

And last I checked WLs are still a popular class and have ranged root, charge, pull, and of course the iconic Pounce. If anything, the change to Run Away! has made me feel like White Lion's should lose charge... unless dual wielding...

edit: On live we all slotted Odjira in our boots and specced into Quick Escape because of how good speed increases are both offensive and defensively. RA! should have a condition on it, something like requires an active Gas or Spiked Squig instead of just an active pet.
Run away require an active pet
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ekundu01

Post#55 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:02 pm

maxonian wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:55 pm Imagine having your "stance" (pet) get melted in seconds in enemy aoe during keep and fort sieges and thus your "class mechanic" gets disabled for a long time. Yes, even your new and shiny super OP, overbuffed, nerf immediately 15ft OMG gas squig..
Welcome to the struggle that all Engie and Magus players deal with :lol:
Trismack

knick

Post#56 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:02 pm

BelligerentBob wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:46 pm The team hasn't gotten it right but they're going in the right direction with these changes by moving Run Away! to a core ability. The game is balanced around group play, not one-on-one vacuums. Ranged Squig Herders got a massive rework BUT that made the class feel clunky and unnatural to veteran QS Squig Herder players who suddenly found themselves in the fray with melee.

That said, every mDPS has a form of speed boost, some even multiple, and your snare/root break/immunity should not be used recklessly considering the cooldown on it.

And last I checked WLs are still a popular class and have ranged root, charge, pull, and of course the iconic Pounce. If anything, the change to Run Away! has made me feel like White Lion's should lose charge... unless dual wielding...

edit: On live we all slotted Odjira in our boots and specced into Quick Escape because of how good speed increases are both offensive and defensively. RA! should have a condition on it, something like requires an active Gas or Spiked Squig instead of just an active pet.
range root can be blocked, pull dosent work on a enemy who is running strait away from pet because stand still while attack and if you pounce you landing out of attack range if the enemy is moving. You should try it by yourself befor give such statements.

Run away is to simply and have no drawback. it cost no AP and you dont need to think about it. there is a good reason why you see SH and shamys everywhere roaming but no AM and only a few SW. a tactic so powerful should be reworked. i mean most tactics like absorb have a trigger time but why not run away? A internal cooldown like 3-5 sec is not unreasonable...
Knick WL RR85+
Knickli Mara RR80+

Dabbart

Post#57 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:04 pm

Thanks for the work!

That SoR change looks to be the perfect compromise. Much Waaagh!
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#58 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:04 pm

knick wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:02 pm

range root can be blocked, pull dosent work on a enemy who is running strait away from pet because stand still while attack and if you pounce you landing out of attack range if the enemy is moving. You should try it by yourself befor give such statements.

Run away is to simply and have no drawback. it cost no AP and you dont need to think about it. there is a good reason why you see SH and shamys everywhere roaming but no AM and only a few SW. a tactic so powerful should be reworked. i mean most tactics like absorb have a trigger time but why not run away? A internal cooldown like 3-5 sec is not unreasonable...
Actually, I see just as many (if not more) AMs roaming than I see friendly Shamans.

See that's the problem with personal anecdotes as evidence. ;)

Ads
Sponn
Suspended

Post#59 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:04 pm

knick wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:02 pm

Run Away! is the strongest tactic in the game right now IMO.

The run speed should turn off on ability use, like every other run speed increaser in the game (save for flee).

ztil

Post#60 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:06 pm

I think these last changes looks interesting and opens up some different options while speccing ST ranged big shootin and quick shootin. Opens up the choices a bit more after last weeks changes, possibly making big shootin an interesting alternative to quick shootin both with different playstyle.

I also like the SoR change
[P&P] Ztil - Squig Herder
[P&P] Zlurp - Shaman

[P&P] Zinista - Shadow Warrior