Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 25/12/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Miaso

Re: Patch Notes 25/12/2020

Post#81 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:40 pm

Jeliel80 wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:32 pm 10 seconds on Run Away! is crazy harsh...
Ok back to DoK I guess.
Merry Christmas.
You mean it brings those classes closer to every other class in game in terms of survivability. Especially as pounce is nerfed. Good change, hopefully it brings Shammy closer to reality, looking forward to test to see if it is enough or they are still God class in roaming.

Ads
gebajger

Post#82 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:02 pm

Kragg wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:30 pm
Glorian wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:39 pm - The towers at the Ruins of Greystone Keep and Kinschels's Stronhold BOs are classed as illegal areas, meaning that you will get the overextension debuff if you stand on top of them.

Stupid me thought we were past the point where you kill a GM or his destro buddies in RvR and get nerfed afterwards.
The sniper is all about perching on top of a building or hill and punching holes through greenskins from a mile away with the help of a mighty fine rifle. It’s about the simple pleasure of watching a group of enemies descend into panic as you pick the hapless goons off one by one – the Bitterstone Thunderers with our sniper squads thrive off moments like these. But the last few months we get restriction after restriction, and every time because there is an unhappy GM.

Unfortunately, our spots are becoming less and less, as some GM's get annoyed and ensure that the spot is removed from the game. By a blockade, or now in this case a forbidden zone. You are supossed to make use of the terrain. One of the charms of the RvR lake is that it is an open zone, and if we climb on towers, hills, hide in bushes then that should be fine. Restriction after restriction on actually using the landscape or the infrastructure in the zone. That being said, we are still just as vunerable to ranged attacks as ever. Destro has the same range as we do. That it is troublesome for the meleeball should not be our problem.
It started years ago.
Don't use your brain, don't explore.
Places like this apparently provide unfair advantage , even if it takes several minutes of preparation to get there, and
even if its available for both sides.
Why not just chop down all the trees, since you can use them as cover and that's not fair.
These places added a nice flavor to the game.
Rioz

Panodil

Post#83 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:26 pm

Nebuchadnezzar wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:15 pm Massive nerf to ASW and I'm not sure why. They were already subpar compared to other MDPS options but were still fun at least.

Broadhead nerf now means that ASW no longer brings heal debuff, one of their few group utility items. It also reduces their ability to weave in and out while using bow attacks, which was a fun aspect of the spec.

Moving Shadowstep down is a huge nerf since there's nothing worth getting with those extra points. The skill is now half what it used to be and still doesn't have a run speed buff to make up for the fact that it puts you where the target used to be.

Whirling Rage is now inaccessible outside of running 6 WL. Not that it came up that often, but it was at least fun. Trading that for Swift Strikes is maybe useful/a slight buff, although it's still a garbage skill that nobody took until WL anyways

The only benefit from these changes is it frees up 2 career points, but since there's nothing to put them in aside from the tree for damage you net just lost all the aspects that got nerfed. Also, Crosscut is still doing physical rather than spirit damage when Vengeful (on the tracker)

ASW was fun while it lasted...I'm really glad I have other classes I like playing - hoping none of them get gutted too

Glad that Run Away! got adjusted though. It's still powerful, but now a bit less obnoxious
For me ASW change feels like buff and not nerf.
Now you can pick up everything without any sacrifice.

Before you kinda had to pick between knockdown and crosscut, now you can have both.
Can still use HD so cant understand that comment
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

VindicoAtrum

Post#84 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:31 pm

Nebuchadnezzar wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:15 pm Massive nerf to ASW and I'm not sure why. They were already subpar compared to other MDPS options but were still fun at least.

Broadhead nerf now means that ASW no longer brings heal debuff, one of their few group utility items. It also reduces their ability to weave in and out while using bow attacks, which was a fun aspect of the spec.

Moving Shadowstep down is a huge nerf since there's nothing worth getting with those extra points. The skill is now half what it used to be and still doesn't have a run speed buff to make up for the fact that it puts you where the target used to be.

Whirling Rage is now inaccessible outside of running 6 WL. Not that it came up that often, but it was at least fun. Trading that for Swift Strikes is maybe useful/a slight buff, although it's still a garbage skill that nobody took until WL anyways

The only benefit from these changes is it frees up 2 career points, but since there's nothing to put them in aside from the tree for damage you net just lost all the aspects that got nerfed. Also, Crosscut is still doing physical rather than spirit damage when Vengeful (on the tracker)

ASW was fun while it lasted...I'm really glad I have other classes I like playing - hoping none of them get gutted too

Glad that Run Away! got adjusted though. It's still powerful, but now a bit less obnoxious
I agree on every single point and I posted as such on page one. I'm glad another ASW has chimed in, because these changes were clearly made to have uniform leaps on the classes that have them with NO thought to individual class needs.
Panodil wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:26 pm
For me ASW change feels like buff and not nerf.
Now you can pick up everything without any sacrifice.

Before you kinda had to pick between knockdown and crosscut, now you can have both.
Can still use HD so cant understand that comment
Being able to "pick up everything" but those things are worse is no buff. You can't apply shadow sting using bha from range before shadowstepping in any more. You can't shadowstep as far. You don't get a movespeed buff on shadowstep so it's still bad. You just lose 10% to all defences off shadowstep for no reason whatsoever.

Great, you can "pick up everything" and despite already being the worst damage mdps on order, you can now do less of it, in fewer situations!

wonshot

Post#85 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:02 pm

Kragg wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:30 pm
Glorian wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:39 pm - The towers at the Ruins of Greystone Keep and Kinschels's Stronhold BOs are classed as illegal areas, meaning that you will get the overextension debuff if you stand on top of them.

Stupid me thought we were past the point where you kill a GM or his destro buddies in RvR and get nerfed afterwards.
The sniper is all about perching on top of a building or hill and punching holes through greenskins from a mile away with the help of a mighty fine rifle. It’s about the simple pleasure of watching a group of enemies descend into panic as you pick the hapless goons off one by one – the Bitterstone Thunderers with our sniper squads thrive off moments like these. But the last few months we get restriction after restriction, and every time because there is an unhappy GM.

Unfortunately, our spots are becoming less and less, as some GM's get annoyed and ensure that the spot is removed from the game. By a blockade, or now in this case a forbidden zone. You are supossed to make use of the terrain. One of the charms of the RvR lake is that it is an open zone, and if we climb on towers, hills, hide in bushes then that should be fine. Restriction after restriction on actually using the landscape or the infrastructure in the zone. That being said, we are still just as vunerable to ranged attacks as ever. Destro has the same range as we do. That it is troublesome for the meleeball should not be our problem.
I dont know the histroy of which places have been limmited by barriers in the past for you guys, but the way I read that line of patchnotes. It seem like the keyword is "Battle objective" if the snipersquad is up on a mountain hill on a supply route, a random stone in the orvr lake, or on a building that is not connected to an objective I wouldnt think there was an issue with it. But when you can get a hight advantage by climbing nearby terrein and then cover an orvr objective that is not supposed to have a built in terrein advantage, i guess it counts as "illegal areas"

For example if a BO has a crypt gate, a brewery door or teleport orb that means the entry point and narrow funnel choke is intented. But if you start becoming spiderman and climb a jumping puzzle to then cover a one way entry point that can be denied with punts and slows making a jump to reach you unable or in otherways give you a clear defensive advantage that was not obviously implimented, I can kinda see why restrictions are made.

Same as when people started blocking or climbing with the kegs from events.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Josewales

Post#86 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:35 pm

Bring back the 65 ft WL pounce...that's our bread and butter for peripheral play. Meanwhile 2H Blorcs get best of both worlds...solo and front line action. And those such as the new and improved SH with a longer cc reach get the upper hand? I seen a few nerfs and never whined until now. The pounce is critical to WL playstyle. Stop messing with WL already! Devs lose focus on what the classes roles are? Because those who do not want to be touched cry the loudest? WL is the prime reason why I continue to play this MMO over the last few years. I am a mad bro.
Last edited by Josewales on Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kmark101

Post#87 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:35 pm

wonshot wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:02 pm
I dont know the histroy of which places have been limmited by barriers in the past for you guys, but the way I read that line of patchnotes. It seem like the keyword is "Battle objective" if the snipersquad is up on a mountain hill on a supply route, a random stone in the orvr lake, or on a building that is not connected to an objective I wouldnt think there was an issue with it. But when you can get a hight advantage by climbing nearby terrein and then cover an orvr objective that is not supposed to have a built in terrein advantage, i guess it counts as "illegal areas"

For example if a BO has a crypt gate, a brewery door or teleport orb that means the entry point and narrow funnel choke is intented. But if you start becoming spiderman and climb a jumping puzzle to then cover a one way entry point that can be denied with punts and slows making a jump to reach you unable or in otherways give you a clear defensive advantage that was not obviously implimented, I can kinda see why restrictions are made.

Same as when people started blocking or climbing with the kegs from events.

How is this a problem, if both sides can do it equally? If both sides have the exact same range of their attacks? In all similar situations, all I hear is "order players need to be more organized and better"... so what's up with that in this case?
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

adapter
Suspended

Post#88 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:48 pm

Interesting changes, could hope for a 2H Choppa/Slayer rework, that would be neat.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Ads
volantis

Post#89 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:00 am

The pounce move to guardian tree is terrible for single target builds. This should be a core ability. Would have to sacrifice pack hunting and force opportunity to get pounce.

Crumbs

Post#90 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:54 am

Nice, witch elf pounce, and msh have that pounce still at 65ft 👌👌 mmm makes sense for the faction with the speed increase abilities, run away tactics, aoe charge pulls, and a 1s faster magnet (rift), channel on the move aoe snare etc.
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70