Application

Help us with developing new features or fix up existing ones. This is the place to apply. C# for game engine, C++ for tools.

Moderators: Developer, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Therzok

Application

Post#1 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:50 pm

Hey,

I am a professional devops engineer with 6 years of experience in various areas of development, including but not limited to game and game engine development, business applications, reversing engineering, performance and memory analysis. My past experience includes working on FrostEmu (MagicWoW's closed-source emu), opensourcing a few bits to TrinityCore's WoWPacketParser, MMO AddOns (WarBoard for WAR, some broker plugins for WoW and Jarod, an API sandbox for WildStar), and lots of opensource work for different projects.

I used to play WAR, but slowly switched focus to maintaining AddOns. CurseForge has taken down the repositories for WAR AddOns, but I have found copies of the AddOn under user submitted packs and might be interested in continuing the modding effort.

Given the above, I have a great understanding of the ropes of the tasks. I've already looked around on the old source code that's on GitHub and the code base looks pretty straightforward, pretty similar to WCell.

Although I might not be able to work on this full-time (given I have a job), I can help around as a hobby project.

You can find my GitHub profile under the same nickname for background experience information.

Best regards,
Therzok

Ads