Recent Topics

Ads

[Solved]Long Break, Characters missing

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Vraal

[Solved]Long Break, Characters missing

Post#1 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:41 pm

Hey,
after a long break (starting early 2016) I decided to jump back in RoR. When I logged in and jumped on the server I was surprised when none of all my characters were still there. Has there been a rollback of sorts since then or do the devs delete chars that have been inactive for a while?
Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.
Vraal / / Khalik

Ads
blaqwar

Re: Long Break, Characters missing

Post#2 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:05 pm

There was a database clear around May (I believe, not certain) upon the transition from T3 to T4. All the characters that have not been logged in for over 3 months were deleted. If you can find your characters in the Armory there might be some hope, otherwise the staff will be here shortly to inform you there's nothing that can be done as no backups were taken.

Sorry and good luck!

Vraal

Post#3 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:13 pm

Thank you for the info. That's really a shame since I read that leveling is a drag and I had a lot of chars sitting at 30 :S
Bummer, I guess.
Vraal / / Khalik

blaqwar

Post#4 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:21 pm

Leveling is only a drag if you would insist on leveling strictly through PvE and alone. As long as you are willing to simply have fun and PvP in lower tiers it goes by quickly. The leveling experience was enjoyable for me post-T2/T3 merge and I hear even US time-zone now sees action there.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#5 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:22 pm

moving to the right section of the forum and locking, @OP I am sorry for your loss of the characters