Reduce Lag, Crashes, Disconects - Complete list of things you can do.

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Glorian

Reduce Lag, Crashes, Disconects - Complete list of things you can do.

Post#1 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:52 am

This is a list of things you can adjust to reduce your crashes ingame at keeps.
Some points are proven, others are more of the esoteric kind, but the lads swear that they reduced crashes on their side.

Here are things you can do:

1. Don't allow players to join WB from a different zone. This will sometimes lead to a WB crash. (Currently fixed by a Server Patch as you cant invite across a zone.)

2. Don’t join Warbands who have someone with Scenario Queues in.
(Currently fixed by a Server Patch as you cant join the SC Queue when you are in a WB.)

3. Set graphics to fastest framerate. Also set the ‘Play ability effects on’ from ALL or Your Warband to YOU only. This can be done ingame with two clicks.

4. Windows SUPERFIX by Tesq. See: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20075&p=491589#p491589

5. Reduce your open quest to less than 10 open quests at once.

6. Don't take the keep lord quest. Don't take the SC quests while participating in Keep attacks.

7. Remove quest items out of your quest item inventory slot. Especially the ones from broken quests.

8. Change shown player names from Styled to Standardized. <- This is the easiest step and reported to have a huge boost on framerate.

8b. Remove Names completely from showing. This increases your framerate drastically.

9. If you use nerfed buttons and get an error after exit/logout use the fix described here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13977

10. Deactivate the addon WSCT

11. Clean your Warhammer Cache folder regularly.
Screenshot here:
http://i.imgur.com/qT9yMYC.png

12. Deactivate group icons of any kind. (Had the actual addon GroupIcons turned off on live and suddenly everything went drastically more smooth - one less overlay and check)

13. Deactivate Game DVR in your xbox app when using Windows 10. It lowers your framerate and is automatically turned on when installing win10. The xbox app can also be unistalled. You need to open the Powershell for it and then use the command here to uninstall the xbox app.

14. Deactivate ALL Addons that show you a critical error in the Addon List ingame.

15. Turn off ingame sounds. The client plays also the sounds of all nearby abilities and such. While this maybe a drastical step in an experience kind of way it will boost your fps.

16. Outdated

17. Change Virtual Swapping Size in Windows 7,8,10
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19867&start=30#p260782
When Windows changes the size of that filespace it may lead to a lag that disconects you. Setting it on a firm value reduce that risk.
German Version:
http://www.giga.de/downloads/windows-10 ... -so-gehts/

18. Addon: Mirracle Grow Remix. Deactivate that Addon while doing RvR. It causes some lags while in RvR. Especially when running with your warband and hitting the regrow button.

19. Make room in your Backpack to have at least half of it with empty slots. Helped Thorbolt and me greatly to reduce login crashes.

20. Reduce in your Menue -> Settings : The Chat Line Cache from 2000 to 120. This will lead to a very hort chat history and in laggy keep fights you will not read much how everyone is talking nonsense. BUT it reduces Lag quite a bit in Keep fights. Or just reduce it from 2000 to something less long.

Update March 2020. Just tested yesterday and some Players were reborn lagless in a 600 Player Zone.

21. Outdated. Fixed.

22. Use the command: /script CombatLogger.pauseRecording()
This will stop combat recording in the fights and will reduce Lag DRASTICALLY.
To restart it again type: /script CombatLogger.start()

23. The WSCT Addon. As far as I know this addon is recording stuff even if it is uninstalled. Most of us had it activated when we first started the client. So install the Addon again, and type /wsct. This will bring you in a menue. There UNCHECK every checkbox. Relog. And then deinstall the Addon.

If you follow the above steps you will reduce keep crashes A LOT. That was approved by several players. Alot thanks to the players who gathered the info and who arent named here in full credits. Thank you.
Last edited by Glorian on Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:57 pm, edited 21 times in total.

Ads
Glorian

Re: Reduce Crashing at Keep fights - Complete list of things you can do.

Post#2 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:54 am

@gm please make this sticky.

flintboth

Post#3 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:04 pm

Thank you !
monkey 079 (test failure - escaped)

Solutar

Post#4 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:58 am

The last one, really deleting everything in Cache? Cause there are 3 folders in called german, english and french, thats why im asking.
Loved by Few,
Hated by Most,
Respected by all.
https://www.twitch.tv/solutar

Glorian

Post#5 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:14 am

Solutar wrote:The last one, really deleting everything in Cache? Cause there are 3 folders in called german, english and french, thats why im asking.
I deleted the files in the cache folder and could start them anew with no problems.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#6 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:58 pm

Really nice guide :P

Solutar

Post#7 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:36 pm

Glorian wrote:
Solutar wrote:The last one, really deleting everything in Cache? Cause there are 3 folders in called german, english and french, thats why im asking.
I deleted the files in the cache folder and could start them anew with no problems.
Thanks. :)
Loved by Few,
Hated by Most,
Respected by all.
https://www.twitch.tv/solutar

Noiree

Post#8 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:34 pm

May I add some stuff that also improves the framerates/stabilzes the game?

Deactivate group icons of any kind. (Had the actual addon GroupIcons turned off on live and suddenly everything went drastically more smooth - one less overlay and check)

Deactivate Game DVR in your xbox app when using Windows 10. It lowers your framerate and is automatically turned on when installing win10.
Noiree - Archmage
Annnoying - Disciple of Wayne

gone with the wipe - RIP:
Annoying Lilpieceofsh - Disciple of Khaine, Bikinibabe Withoutbeach - Sorceress, Kekshirn Derkruemlige - Shaman

Ads
Glorian

Post#9 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:02 pm

Thanks

Xbox app? Is that standard in WIN10?

Dabbart

Post#10 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:36 pm

Changing player names to standard works Really Well. It affects my lag more so than effects actually. Just that one change and I DC far less. Some DC should be expected. Alpha on a priv server and all that...

Thanks for the list though. I'll start directing people here.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.