Recent Topics

Ads

The game does not work

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
ariel127744

The game does not work

Post#1 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:47 pm

:cry:

I want to play with it, it's been a long time since I've played.

Ads
Elven
Former Staff

Re: The game does not work

Post#2 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:27 pm

Can you elaborate further?

Grolar

Post#3 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:45 pm

Not sure what the OG meant, but the game has been crashing pretty consistently in large scale RvR. At least for me. Today it crashed 4 times in a row.
n top of that with the changes to zone control have made the game extremely laggy ( no matter what setting the visuals are on ) to the point it is actually unpleasant to play. It has never been worse and I've been here going on 3 years. Take it for what it's worth.
THUMP - "MEDIOCRE!!" ...Who's laughing now?

saupreusse
Developer

Post#4 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:48 pm

Can you both elaborate further? Im pretty clueless what exactly you mean. What changes?

Grolar

Post#5 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:29 pm

The changes I can tell you about are a combination of things....at least as I see them.

1. You have the new contribution system.
2. The new gear and the desire to obtain it.
3. Single zone captures ( the main problem for the crashes )

When you add up all these things you have an obvious problem ( at least to me ). A recipe for disaster and for game crashing. The majority of the server is fighting in one zone over contribution to get the new gear. Too many in one zone is going to lead to server instability or at the very least client problems. Perhaps spread people out more. Like it used to be....just a thought.

ipkonfig

Post#6 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:17 am

He is most likely referring to the issue I had last year and this year after downloading the game, following instructions and realizing: the game simply does not work.

Launch just spits out a bunch of errors and never does launch the game (or was it 2015 I tried...) Anyway, I was hoping for some fun memories of the game but alas, does not work for everyone.

Elven
Former Staff

Post#7 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:36 am

Until they elaborate I won't know, but I can't see what the problem is. I give my own time to help support others in issues they encounter, so tell me.

Grolar

Post#8 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:55 am

Elven wrote:Until they elaborate I won't know, but I can't see what the problem is. I give my own time to help support others in issues they encounter, so tell me.
I don't know how to " elaborate " any further than the examples I've already given you. If you yourself want to know more, I suggest investigating the problem further instead of asking players to do more. I can tell you that my ping to the server is about 140 - 145 ms. This ping use to be fine and the game was quite playable until the new gear dropped.
Only the dev's know what changes took place under the hood of their own development. As a player I can only report what I experience when I play the game.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#9 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:39 am

Grolar wrote:
Elven wrote:Until they elaborate I won't know, but I can't see what the problem is. I give my own time to help support others in issues they encounter, so tell me.
I don't know how to " elaborate " any further than the examples I've already given you. If you yourself want to know more, I suggest investigating the problem further instead of asking players to do more. I can tell you that my ping to the server is about 140 - 145 ms. This ping use to be fine and the game was quite playable until the new gear dropped.
Only the dev's know what changes took place under the hood of their own development. As a player I can only report what I experience when I play the game.
The only significant change was when we moved servers to a better host, that was after the DDOS last summer. There's been ongoing smaller DDOS attacks since then, and lately they just scrape at the possibility of affecting website availability, so that might have something to do with it. My ping runs around 110ms from NA east, it's not bad for a game with a 1.4s GCD and pretty lenient MDPS hitbox/range.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Glorian

Post#10 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:35 am

ipkonfig wrote:He is most likely referring to the issue I had last year and this year after downloading the game, following instructions and realizing: the game simply does not work.

Launch just spits out a bunch of errors and never does launch the game (or was it 2015 I tried...) Anyway, I was hoping for some fun memories of the game but alas, does not work for everyone.
Make Screenshots of your errors .... or no one in the world is capable of helping you.