Recent Topics

Ads

Standard - bug or feature?

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Noergl

Standard - bug or feature?

Post#1 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:47 am

Short look at the live version on standards:
depending on guild rank you could design your heraldic. The standard could get some “skills”, which it would share with the members around it. The bearer could wear it, hit others over the head with it (like a big and long club) or put it into the ground to fight with his own weapons, all the while the planted standard was giving aoe buffs and such. You could loose it when you died, the opposition could conquer it….

The RoR version so far:
Heraldic works, you can hold it ingame to present your banner. That’s it. No skills, no buffs, no planting or fighting, no loosing it….
Implementing standard features isn`t on any priority list as far as I remember staffs infos, and no dev is actually working on it.

Now this happened yesterday:
T1 dwarf pairing. We were running around with a group of 6 Averland Greatswords when we suddenly ran into a whole destro wb. Ofc we wiped, but at least we tried.
In the moment I was dying I suddenly saw my standard being planted into the ground – I even wasn`t wearing it, it was just being equipped in the standard slot. Strange. I thought, well, never mind. I had a spare one in my backpack, but imagine my surprise when suddenly I got this server info: “your guild banner is still somewhere out in the world, retrieve it first”…or something like that.
So we went back to the place we wiped, no standard there anymore. I assume a destro player could take it up as in live… though if this player is reading this he could perhaps confirm that.
This morning, some hours later, I could use the spare one I had again.

Someone later that evening told me something similar happened some time back in Midtier.

I really would be overjoyed if this wasn`t only a bug, but a feature, or a hint of upcoming things.
As I said, only strange thing was I hadn`t unfolded it at the time of my death.

I don`t remember reading anything about standards in the last few patch notes, so perhaps a dev could tell us something about it? Should I write a bug report?
Lorekeeper Noergl Morgrimsfind & Sgt.Maj.Finvjer Hugnirsson
(Co-leader of 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers)

Ads