Recent Topics

Ads

Current RVR state

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Hargrim
Developer

Re: Current RVR state

Post#31 » Tue May 08, 2018 3:09 pm

dansari wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 3:01 pm Yeah honestly just scaling with aao may be better, but that runs into the issue of: aao doesn't appear the same for everyone; it's different depending on where you are in zone.

It's not. Maybe buff doesn't refresh, but numbers behind it do and they are calculated for whole RvR zone.

Ads
anarchypark

Post#32 » Tue May 08, 2018 3:44 pm

Harkonen wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:52 pm Which basically results in a situation where the attacker always has to outnumber the defender in order to down the lord and get a zone lock?

Makes sense if you look at sieges in real life, dont know of its a wishable scenario in a video game :D
consider this, battle starts from field fight.
even number or whatever.
they brawl.
getting reinforcements or lost manpower.
winner emerged.
loser's active area reduced to keep, wc and closest BO.
they keep brawling.
finally losers blocked in wc or keep.
now siege begin.

attackers having advantage of number is normal.
and underdog can fight back with wall, lord and BO.

back and forth all of these stages.

critical issue is
lack of will to move and fight.
sitting at keep for farming.

there are so many strateges after both doors down.
reporting number and whereabout is key.
you know how important the intels in war.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

dansari

Post#33 » Tue May 08, 2018 3:50 pm

Hargrim wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 3:09 pm
dansari wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 3:01 pm Yeah honestly just scaling with aao may be better, but that runs into the issue of: aao doesn't appear the same for everyone; it's different depending on where you are in zone.
It's not. Maybe buff doesn't refresh, but numbers behind it do and they are calculated for whole RvR zone.
Word
<Salt Factory>

Raggaz

Post#34 » Tue May 08, 2018 6:01 pm

Hargrim wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 1:40 pm I somehow agree, but I'm not sure there is some kind of good mechanic we can have to allow even numbers to play it well enough to lock the zone.

The area of effect of BOs could give xp/rr/inf for realm that has it in control, they could get more for locking it or re-taking BOs.
You can sit on a BO for 20 minutes and see no one. I think this wb is afk right now.

Locking BOs would force players to interact more.
when in BOs captured area of effect xp/rr/inf gain is doubled. Forces players to interact for points.
No more afk ****!
Random opening of BOs would further force players to fight for the BO.
All xp/rr/inf would involve BO interacting with opponents.

Raggaz

Post#35 » Wed May 09, 2018 1:16 pm

Have only been in t4 recently and it seems getting your keep rolled with 200aao, is the new zone take.

mielgato

Post#36 » Wed May 09, 2018 2:15 pm

anarchypark wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 3:44 pm

critical issue is
lack of will to move and fight.
sitting at keep for farming.

This is really an issue that no hotfix will fix.

the lack of will is ruining the game for me right now for multiples reasons :

Start doing RvR, destro & order are even in numbers. Lead did a mistake, warbands get wiped, half our side log out, we get AAO and rolled over, we loose the zone while we had a real shot at taking it before the fatal mistake.

Start doing RvR, both sides are even. Destro lead did a mistake, warbands get wiped, half their side log out, they get AAO and rolled over. We win the zone, but encounter no more fight, it's just boring PvDoor and PvLord.

Start doing scenario, your side doesn't have a balanced team for reasons (all RDPS, no healers, no tanks, reasons can be multiples and varied) you get rolled over because most peoples queuing in PuGs have no idea how to play (lets face it, regardless the faction, it's everyday I get to see epic gems) after 2 or 3 scenario, you can AFK watch some netflix, take a ****, cook something, make love to your wife, because you won't see another scenario for the next hour.

"Let them win so this is over quick" is the sentence I've read the most the last week Order side.

Or even better, Start doing scenario, you happen to have a balanced team for once, and roll over the other side, they just stop coming out of the spawn and wait for the scenario to end, rinse and repeat 2 or 3 times and they stop queuing altogether.

Now, I understand that when you get steamrolled, you're not very keen on keeping it up. It's never fun to loose so badly that your team doesn't even score a single kill. But the real problem with all i've said so far, is that peoples doesn't try to play together, they try to play ALONE with other peoples around, like we've been taught to do the past 10 years or so in MMORPGs.

Also, the game doesn't have incentives for peoples to keep trying, so when peoples are confronted to a wall, they just don't try.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#37 » Wed May 09, 2018 2:26 pm

mielgato wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 2:15 pm Also, the game doesn't have incentives for peoples to keep trying, so when peoples are confronted to a wall, they just don't try.

And what would that be?

Raggaz

Post#38 » Wed May 09, 2018 2:30 pm

In T1 we sit on diff BOs in diff zones until its forced to 1 zone.

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#39 » Wed May 09, 2018 2:31 pm

Raggaz wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 2:30 pm In T1 we sit on diff BOs in diff zones until its forced to 1 zone.

Have fun.

mielgato

Post#40 » Wed May 09, 2018 2:55 pm

Hargrim wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 2:26 pm
mielgato wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 2:15 pm Also, the game doesn't have incentives for peoples to keep trying, so when peoples are confronted to a wall, they just don't try.

And what would that be?
Well, i'm no game designer so honestly I have no idea, I just felt like reporting my experience with the server, for a bit less than 1 year of playing it casually.

I mean, look at scenario for exemple, if your team does well and win, you can rack up 6emblems or even more if you were lucky on the ones that dropped on kills, if you loose and wasn't lucky enough to get rolls, you get one. Why would I keep trying when it's easier to just stop trying, end the scenario fast, get that single emblem, rinse and repeat ? (Which is boring for everyone)

I sometimes work really hard to help my team wins, but we still loose, do I get anything for trying hard ? Nah, just my personnal satisfaction for having done everything that was possible.

What i've said is exactly what happens when I play, when faced with adversity, peoples stop trying and wait for better odds.

That's how it is, it's normal human behavior, but it's a bad game behavior. And while some games can go around this with healthy population, as there's always enough players to fight, we can't say the same here, especially NA time.

Especially in a bi-faction RvR game (which is already pretty flawed for the mythical "population balance" lets admit it) if one side decide to not play, the other side just has their hands avaible to play with, and it's fun for no one except those playing the 6man minigame taking advantage of AAO to grind their ranks.

edit : now don't misunderstand, i'm not demanding added incentives for peoples to keep trying. I don't even have the slightest idea of what it could be. I just wanted to raise a point that is currently ruining the game for me, as I can't play when the server is the most active, and when I can play, I always end up in one situation or another I reported in my previous post.
Last edited by mielgato on Wed May 09, 2018 3:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.