Recent Topics

Ads

Game crashes when I fly to Kadrin Valley + possible exploit

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Skullgrin

Game crashes when I fly to Kadrin Valley + possible exploit

Post#1 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:12 pm

As the title states, whenever I fly to Kadrin Valley the game crashes. I contacted Azmodias in-game to see if he could help and after he was unsuccessful in fixing the problem he suggested I place a bug report on it, which I did. Details on that can be found here -

https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/11917

Sioding closed the bug report feeling that it was a client issue, however none of the suggestions made to fix the problem worked. I then contacted Wargrimmnir but have not heard back yet on if there is a pending solution, I imagine he is a bit busy with changes being made to remove the Sigmartide event. In addition to the actions I had taken in the bug report I have also cleared my cache, replaced all game files in the event that something had gotten corrupted (I keep a secondary copy of the game on a separate drive for just such occasions), ran the updater and I also ran the performance counter rebuilding tool.

Also something that I mentioned at the end of the bug report (that the quests in IC had been reset) is actually that ALL of my quests have been reset and can be done again. This also removed all of the quests in my Tome of Knowledge I had had been working on, which was kind of annoying but not a huge loss as at this point they were mainly just RvR stuff.

This brings me to my next question which I hope a GM or a Developer will clarify (as it might qualify as an exploit). Is it OK if I were to redo the PvE quests??? The reason I ask is that last night while the active zone was Kadrin Valley, I was bored since I couldn't go there so I started redoing the quests in Norsca to pass time between scenario pops. As I was running quickly through them I realized that if all my quests were reset then I would also be able to redo the Epic Quests AND CHOOSE DIFFERENT REWARDS THAN I HAD THE FIRST TIME I DID THEM. This thought gave me pause as I do not want to get in trouble for exploiting this so I have chosen to report it here in the hopes of getting feedback from the Development Team and/or a fix for this.

Any help on this issue would be appreciated, not being able to participate in ORvR if it is in Kadrin Valley is really bumming me out. :P
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Ads
Skullgrin

Re: Game crashes when I fly to Kadrin Valley + possible exploit

Post#2 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:12 pm

OK, will try that as well as replacing all the addons when I get home. What about the issue with the quests being reset? Is it OK to do them again?
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88

Skullgrin

Re: Game crashes when I fly to Kadrin Valley + possible exploit

Post#3 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:50 pm

Just wanted to give an update in case it helps someone else with a similar problem. I deleted and replaced all my addons and also deleted the profile as suggested. This fixed the problem! However upon logging in and seeing that I would have to redo all the GUI modifications I have made over time, I decided to put the profile back and see if it still worked properly. After doing this the fix still worked, so I think the problem was a corrupted addon (something I have never had happen before, and didn't even know was possible).

Additionally all of my quests have returned in my Tome of Knowledge, fixing having to redo them. I don't know what addon could have caused this situation, but I do want to thank you for suggesting that they may have been the problem, it would never have occurred to me as a solution.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88