Recent Topics

Ads

UI disappeared

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Saiura

UI disappeared

Post#1 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:55 pm

Heya everyone!

I just tried logging back in after a couple days of not playing and am having an issue with the UI.

Essentially, all of my characters I logged on with to test, I have no UI whatsoever, I see my character, NPCs, other players, but I got no UI elements at all.
Talking to NPCs or pressing Escape or trying to use my mount hotkey does nothing either.
I also tried ctrl+z as I read that's the "hide UI" button, but that does nothing either.

It felt like loading times were a lot shorter though, so it might just not have loaded things properly.

I have also tried the launchers repair function, to no avail.

Any ideas how to fix this issue?

Screenshot as example of what I mean with "no UI" (though I guess it's self explanatory):

Ads
Hogtooth

Re: UI disappeared

Post#2 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:16 pm

Had the same issue last night, press U to bring up the tab. Go to profile and switch to another one of your toons if you have it shareable. Then switch back, it fixed my problem
Vestri Nex Est Meus Vita

Hogtooth (SL)40/47, Tramp (WL)40/72, Brassmonkey (IB)40/45, Haligan (BW)40/58
Myrmidons

Saiura

Post#3 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:27 pm

That sadly didn't help... as described in my post, no key I press does anything UI wise.
I can move still, but pressing U does nothing, I can also not switch char anymore or exit the game other than killing it through task manager or alike (as no menu pops up anymore).

It's essentially as if my UI has been wiped from existence, rather than just being hidden.

Harald944

Post#4 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:16 pm

I have the same exact issue. You are not alone, i don't recieve a loading screen when i log on same as you, just a black screen, followed by a green/blue screen before i'm put into game. And all the UI is non-existant. I have tried patching, installing the latest drivers for my graphics cards, running through RoRupdater, removed the game, and installed a month old copy of it i had on the computer. Removed all my addons, removed character settings in the folder. Moved it between hard drives but to no avail. Strangely enough renown titles also seem to not be working, when i log on and i see other players it simply says, "Renown Title StrTbl Not Found".

Saiura

Post#5 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:22 am

yeah, I get the black screen with green/blue screen follow up as well... only thing I did between the last time I played was updating my graphics card drivers.
I mean, that could be a reason, but if so then likely a very specific one.

Harald944

Post#6 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:44 am

Did a complete wipe and downloaded the game from scratch again, and it solved the issue for me, hope this works for you as it did for me.

Alcan
Suspended

Post#7 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:21 pm

Do either /rel or crtl+z hope it fixes it

Xico

Post#8 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:49 pm

do shift + z
Destro - Nooblit, Reborn, Daemon, Dracula

Ads
Gardie

Post#9 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:10 pm

I also had this issue, but was able to fix it by renaming the interface.myp file and then restarting the launcher to repair/ re-download it.

The new interface.myp file is about 4mb smaller.

/stuck , shift+z etc. don't work, because the UI wasn't loading.

Hope this helps someone. It's better than re-downloading the whole game. :D

Saiura

Post#10 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:40 pm

Thanks Gardie!

renaming the interface.myp and letting the launcher redownload stuff (took a little while, but not as long as a full reinstall would have) worked.

Got the loading screens and interface back and all my interface customization is still there as well (so I assume that is saved elsewhere, but was a concern).