Recent Topics

Ads

couple days of wh solo roam

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
reynor007

Re: couple days of wh solo roam

Post#11 » Sun May 26, 2024 2:40 pm

sydd wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:32 pm Nice! But i've never seen those numbers, mate. 1800 with 2 accu abso is insane, same for 1800+ razor strike. I'm using your own build and tactics maximing ws for blessed blades but I've never seen more than 1000/1100 razor strikes and 1000/1100 abso with 1 or 2 accu. Have you found a secret formula or tell me where I am wrong lol
WH really does that much damage and it's not even a bis gear +you need to take into account the spread of damage during a critical hit, repell can deal both 1950 and 2200 damage
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

Ads
sydd

Post#12 » Sun May 26, 2024 4:11 pm

reynor007 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:40 pm
sydd wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:32 pm Nice! But i've never seen those numbers, mate. 1800 with 2 accu abso is insane, same for 1800+ razor strike. I'm using your own build and tactics maximing ws for blessed blades but I've never seen more than 1000/1100 razor strikes and 1000/1100 abso with 1 or 2 accu. Have you found a secret formula or tell me where I am wrong lol
WH really does that much damage and it's not even a bis gear +you need to take into account the spread of damage during a critical hit, repell can deal both 1950 and 2200 damage
I hadn't played in 3 years, and I re-logged a few days ago, so looking on the forum I came across this post and started paying attention to my numbers to make a comparison. I reiterate: I have never seen 1800+ damage with a two accusation abso hit or 1800+ with a razor strike hit. Repel Blasphemy 2200? Tell me how to do it, I'm probably doing something wrong because I've never seen those numbers. Maybe and I emphasize maybe, I can get to 1500 with RB.

"WH really does that much damage" I believe you but what do you mean with "you need to take into account the spread of damage during a critical hit" ?

Currently, with potions, I almost reach the strength cap and have 456 in ws, 29% crit with Fanatical Cleansing and Blessed blade tactic. Any advice on what to improve?

Faction69

Post#13 » Sun May 26, 2024 7:47 pm

Are you using sov crit dmg bonus? With it, 1800+ razor strike or torment is common (for razor strike only really when u have +25% armor pen buff up). It also depends on who you're hitting. Squig herders for example often run with 0 toughness from tactic+bloodlord and absolutely no defensive stats.

Faction69

Post#14 » Sun May 26, 2024 8:13 pm

sydd wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 4:11 pm
I hadn't played in 3 years, and I re-logged a few days ago, so looking on the forum I came across this post and started paying attention to my numbers to make a comparison. I reiterate: I have never seen 1800+ damage with a two accusation abso hit or 1800+ with a razor strike hit. Repel Blasphemy 2200? Tell me how to do it, I'm probably doing something wrong because I've never seen those numbers. Maybe and I emphasize maybe, I can get to 1500 with RB.

"WH really does that much damage" I believe you but what do you mean with "you need to take into account the spread of damage during a critical hit" ?

Currently, with potions, I almost reach the strength cap and have 456 in ws, 29% crit with Fanatical Cleansing and Blessed blade tactic. Any advice on what to improve?
There is no damage spread for WH abilities in RoR, every ability will deal the same damage every hit accounting for the opponent's defensive stats and your armor penetration. If you hit someone for 800, and your buffs/their buffs remain the same, the next hit with the same ability will also be 800.

Your gear is not near BiS with those stats (op is not BiS either, but still just a couple pieces off being there) which explains it. Any player at sovereign tier is going to have +115% crit dmg with str cap, a fairly large amount of melee power and WS on top of that, and minimum 34% crit. Against players using bloodlord weapon with low toughness and no +armor from gear this makes 1800+ razor strike crits very possible, especially if you use melee power/str liniment.

OP also uses Seal of Destruction (+50% armor pen) quite often. That means he is basically ignoring his opponent's armor entirely a lot of the time, and if they have low toughness he's essentially dealing completely unmitigated damage to them at that point.

I doubt you're doing anything wrong, it's just a matter of having the gear and fighting opponents who have no defensive stats.

reynor007

Post#15 » Sun May 26, 2024 8:52 pm

Faction69 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:13 pm

There is no damage spread for WH abilities in RoR, every ability will deal the same damage every hit accounting for the opponent's defensive stats and your armor penetration. If you hit someone for 800, and your buffs/their buffs remain the same, the next hit with the same ability will also be 800.

Your gear is not near BiS with those stats (op is not BiS either, but still just a couple pieces off being there) which explains it. Any player at sovereign tier is going to have +115% crit dmg with str cap, a fairly large amount of melee power and WS on top of that, and minimum 34% crit. Against players using bloodlord weapon with low toughness and no +armor from gear this makes 1800+ razor strike crits very possible, especially if you use melee power/str liniment.

OP also uses Seal of Destruction (+50% armor pen) quite often. That means he is basically ignoring his opponent's armor entirely a lot of the time, and if they have low toughness he's essentially dealing completely unmitigated damage to them at that point.

I doubt you're doing anything wrong, it's just a matter of having the gear and fighting opponents who have no defensive stats.
I ask you, there is no need to mislead people, if you do not understand what you are talking about, first check it, and after you are convinced that the critical value does not have a constant value, and on average it is about 10-15% of the spread, come back go to the forum and write that you made a mistake
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

sydd

Post#16 » Sun May 26, 2024 8:55 pm

Faction69 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:13 pm

I see, thanks. But what's BiS then? 5 sov (i suppose) and?

reynor007

Post#17 » Sun May 26, 2024 8:56 pm

this is from my old videos, 5sov/sent/2conq
here you can see crit damage 2000+
https://youtu.be/4Oj0dKlr7Fc?si=K8On1dt3cEFf6pca
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

sydd

Post#18 » Mon May 27, 2024 11:25 am

reynor007 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 8:56 pm

this is from my old videos, 5sov/sent/2conq
here you can see crit damage 2000+
https://youtu.be/4Oj0dKlr7Fc?si=K8On1dt3cEFf6pca
Yes, impressive :)
But...so any witch hunter, even if he played great, without the right gear would go nowhere, because 4k of damage with 3 hits is very different from doing 2k. If you are a wh and don't spam those numbers then you are useless except ganking around and making assists to someone.

P.S. What's the best set combination? 5 sov/2 sent/2 conq? And what about renown spec?

Ads