Recent Topics

Ads

War Stories With Karisanna

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Martok

Re: War Stories With Karisanna

Post#141 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:37 am

Recorded in the Before Time, during the Long Long Ago...

Mostly.

Over the life of this thread I have posted a number of Warhammer videos, the early majority of which amounted to nothing more than raw in-game footage. Looking back my one regret is not learning an editing program prior to posting my videos as opposed to after. My motivation for the cumulative effort remains the same today as it was when I started, to promote the game and those who play it. However initializing with edited work would have been more entertaining and effective, serving to reduce the overall number of individual postings. C'est la vie.

Then I had an epiphany. I decided for the benefit of those who may be interested I could go back into my files and pull the best segments from prior efforts and produce a time capsule offering. The result as now finalized was, I believe, worth the effort.

As usual a few notes. Some of the segments included have indeed never been posted before. The third segment in is one example, a fight I included not because I thought I did anything exemplary but because it was an interesting fight deemed so for both how and where it occurred. Likewise three of the One v. One fights toward the end of the video are posted here for the first time. The remainder of the segments hail from prior videos, various fights pulled from the original recordings.

As always thanks to all of you for watching. Respects to all the Order and Destruction players who appear throughout.

Featured music includes mixes from DJ's Sima Deep, Deep Shepherd, NightStar, and Kollektiv Turmstrasse, as well as music from Death in Vegas, the Crystal Method, Matt Lange, and House of Pain. Some music used with permission but all music remains the property of its individual owners and is used for entertainment purposes only. My time is a piece of wax falling on a termite who's choking' on the splinter.

Film segments from "Star Trek - Enterprise," "The Eagle," "A Bridge Too Far," "Total War: Rome II," and "The Time Tunnel" remain the property of the individual owners, all rights reserved, and are used for entertainment purposes only.

I sincerely hope you enjoy the video. If so inclined please leave me a comment below. It can get lonely in here.

Click here to watch on YouTube
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
Martok

Post#142 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:29 pm

Recorded over the months of May and June, 2017.

To some, this video may appear a bit...strange. Please indulge me as I provide an explanation.

Some years ago I watched a movie entitled "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind," based upon the cult memoir of Game Show legend Chuck Barris. In his book Barris, who was known in Hollywood for creating "The Dating Game," "The Newlywed Game" and for hosting "The Gong Show," made the claim he was also a CIA contract killer. A Government hitman, in other words.

Not many believed the claim, but to this day the proclamation still permeates Boomer mythology. Regardless of whether Barris did kill some thirty people as an agent for the CIA, watching the movie exposed me to the third of his daytime television creations, "The Gong Show." Since viewing the film I have watched as many episodes of "The Gong Show" as I could find on Youtube. Seriously, they are an absolute scream.

For those of you not familiar with the show it aired during the late seventies, two years on NBC followed by two years in syndication. Barris hosted the show for the duration, and created an experience which was edgy (for its time), funny, and revolutionary. If not for "The Gong Show" there would be no "America's Got Talent." The primary difference between the two is the former was hilarious and actually entertaining, while the latter is primarily elitist self-indulgence.

Chuck Barris died on March 17th of this year. As a tribute to the man and the show he created I decided to use bits from "The Gong Show" as the unifying thread for this video. At times watching "The Gong Show" on Youtube has made me laugh so hard my sides hurt. In that spirit I hope you enjoy the result.

Fight sequences featured begin with a number of One v. Ones followed by group combat in both scenarios and open RvR. As always respects to all my fellow players, with a particular nod to Torgaan. Keep at it, the payoff is worthwhile. And remember, never bet against the Minnesota Vikings at home in the winter.

Featured music primarily drawn from various sets by DJ NightStar. Additional music includes "The Sunset" by Experimental Feelings and "Blue," by Worakls. All music remains the property of its original owners and is used for entertainment purposes only.

Featured segments from "The Gong Show" sourced from various Youtube channels. Thanks to those who put them up. If you have the time I suggest you check a few of them out.

Oh, and for those who may wonder whether, at the 33 minute mark, she actually did, the answer is yes, she actually did. I just edited that part out. In addition there is a member here who uses as his avatar an image of The Unknown Comic. The Unknown Comic makes an appearance in this video.

EDIT: I have created a time index listing for all fights included in this video, now posted below.

As always thanks for watching. Good luck.

"Ladies and Gentlemen..."

Spoiler:
From Hollywood – Almost Live!

Time Index Listing For All Fights

00:00 to 01:15 Chuck Barris Introduces the Video

01:16 to 11:15

One v One against Akursed
One v One against Asmoseu
One v One against Torgaan
One v One against Breastplate
One v One against Vigne
One v One Round Two against Torgaan
One v One against Kilah in The Battle for Praag
One v One against Kagaz
One v One in the Molten Lava against Slackeriis
One v One against Joweedaman at the Gates
One v One against Chopmaster

11:16 to 12:50 A Class Act

12:51 to 19:18 Battle for Praag SC

19:19 to 20:30 Hard Hit Singer

20:31 to 21:51 Clearing the Keep with Avocetti

21:52 to 25:25 Group Fight in Black Crag Starring a Cast of Many

25:26 to 26:07 Flyover Shot in Praag

26:08 to 27:15 Gene Gene the Dancing Machine!

27:16 to 27:40 Karisanna the Dancing Machine!

27:41 to 32:20 Double Shot of Gates of Ekrund SC Love

32:21 to 34:27 Gene Gene the Dancing Machine! (and the end of the Gates SC where I kill some Witch Elf whose name I can't recall)

34:28 to 37:55 Manor Fight in Reikland Starring a Cast of Many

37:56 to 40:32 Group Fight in Thunder Mountain Starring a Cast of Many

40:33 to 42:09 Trash Can Blues

42:10 to 44:28 Contest (for which reward is now up to 50 gold)

44:29 to 49:36 The Main Event in Praag (at that particular moment) Sharsmal v. Emershell

49:37 to 50:40 Two v One Random Encounter in Thunder Mountain

50:41 to 51:27 1,000 Magi

51:28 to 53:26 One v Three in Kadrin Valley

53:27 to 58:21 Fighting Down the Ramp in Dragonwake

58:22 to 59:28 The Unknown Comic

59:29 to 103:16 Fighting the Lost in The Temple of Isha

103:17 to End The Moral of The Story
Last edited by Martok on Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Skullgrin

Post#143 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:31 pm

I've only watched about 15 min so far and your latest video is entertaining and interesting, however I noticed a bug you may want to report at 8:48 in. After you kill the Black Orc you get quest credit for both a Orc kill and a Dark Elf kill in the scrolling text. Being destro only I've never noticed that happening, but it is something the devs might want to look into...
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Martok

Post#144 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:41 pm

Skullgrin wrote:I've only watched about 15 min so far and your latest video is entertaining and interesting, however I noticed a bug you may want to report at 8:48 in. After you kill the Black Orc you get quest credit for both a Orc kill and a Dark Elf kill in the scrolling text. Being destro only I've never noticed that happening, but it is something the devs might want to look into...
Thanks for pointing that out, as I hadn't noticed it prior. I will check the bug-tracker and if nothing is there put it up.

Martok

Post#145 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:20 pm

Published on Aug 15, 2017

Recorded over the time period of May through August of 2017.

I haven't posted a new video lately because I haven't been playing much lately. The reasons for that are no reflection on either the game or the server, but rather the fact there are other activities which have demanded my time. However a couple of days ago I logged on and became involved in a truly inspiring series of fights in Eataine. That inspiration resulted in this video.

Granted it is a bit long, but I had a bit of material stored up. In keeping with my habit of attempting to establish and incorporate a theme into my videos, this time around I chose an object of personal literary and media affection. All of us have literary characters we on some level identify with or just happen to like. One such favorite of mine is featured in this presentation. Hopefully the rulers of the television universe will allow my tribute to stand.

Game of Thrones is an excellent television production, and in my opinion Arya Stark one of its finest characters. Her particular story progression has been truly compelling to watch, with her transition from troubled little girl angry over the death of the Butcher's Boy to one of the most bloodthirsty assassins the world of Westeros has ever known. Good stuff, and in some fashion I feel her story does mirror, or at least reflect, the progression of any player-character running around in RoR. For all of us whom have crossed the higher renown threshold, it is good to remember at one time we were all no one. Or if you prefer how bloodthirsty we can all be.

For those so inclined I have included a sequence of events listing in a subsequent post below. I thought I would make things easier for those who may not want to either watch the entire effort or only wish to view certain segments. A number of good fights are recorded here, running the usual gamut of available Tier 4 activities. The SM Madness Scenarios were fun, as were the various small scale actions. I hope you all enjoy.

For those where were there, as I promised the massive fight in Eataine is included as part of this video. That fight was, without doubt, the best mass-scale fight I have ever been a part of, to include my years on Live. At the time it appeared as if everyone logged into Tier 4 was there taking part, and simply put it was the type of fight players long for, and the type of fight which helps make this game great.

Featured music is from two artist, DJ Nightstar and DJ Electric Samurai. The sources for Nightstar's work I have linked to prior. The original source for Samurai's work I can't link to, however he has many music videos posted on Youtube, so look him up. All music remains the property of its various owners and is used for entertainment purposes only.

Game of Thrones segments appear elsewhere on Youtube and are used here for entertainment purposes only. Note to anyone from HBO, I am a subscriber, which means I pay up front to watch.

EDIT: The Time Index Listing for this video is now posted just below.

As always respect to my worthy opponents, and thanks to all of you for watching.

"Valar Morghulis"

Spoiler:
Time Index Listing for A Girl Is No One:

00:00 to 00:58 Intro
00:59 to 02:57 One v. One against a Squig Herder
02:58 to 03:59 Two v. One against Witch Elves hanging out in Praag
04:00 to 04:30 Random One v. One against one of those Witch Elves
04:31 to 05:20 Random One v. One against yet another Witch Elf
05:21 to 06:10 Interlude One
06:11 to 07:33 Scenario action in Gates of Ekrund to include a One v. One against a Maruder
07:34 to 09:05 General fighting in Gates of Ekrund
09:06 to 10:06 Interlude Two
10:07 to 13:08 SM Madness in Gates of Ekrund One
13:09 to 17:28 SM Madness in Gates of Ekrund Two
17:29 to 19:11 SM Madness in Gates of Ekrund Three
19:12 to 20:10 Interlude Three
20:11 to 21:42 Action in Khaines Embrace (Hi!)
21:43 to 27:15 Continuing action in Khaines Embrace
27:16 to 28:24 Interlude Four
28:25 to 31:20 Group fight in Praag just outside the Order Warcamp against some good Destro guys
31:21 to 32:26 Hunting in Caledor
32:27 to 33:27 A good run in Talebec Dam
33:28 to 34:18 Two v. One in Nordenwatch against an Orc and some other guy
34:19 to 35:26 Continuation of the Nordenwatch fight (the King is dead)
35:27 to 36:22 Interlude Five
36:23 to 38:37 Good back and forth fight in Nordenwatch - Part One
38:38 to 39:46 Shammies are working as they are supposed to - Nordenwatch Part Two
39:47 to 42:47 Destro pushes us off the flag - Nordenwatch Part Three
42:48 to 43:56 Three v. One in Nordenwatch
43:57 to 44:54 Interlude Six
44:55 to 48:21 Running fight in Thunder Mountain (what was that Dwarf thinking?)
48:22 to 49:22 A short fight in Nordenwatch
49:23 to 50:30 Interlude Seven
50:31 to 52:44 I gain entry into Eataine
52:45 to 53:47 The Warband makes First Contact
53:48 to 54:53 Interlude Eight
54:54 to 103:22 The Massive Battle Royale rolling across the hills and ridges of Eataine
103:23 to End Outro

Hope this helps, and again thanks all for looking in.
Last edited by Martok on Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:54 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Zealote

Post#146 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:43 pm

"This video contains content from Sky, who has blocked it on copyright grounds." :P
Aetir

Martok

Post#147 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:46 pm

Post Edited by User. The Time Index Listing is now located in the same post above as the video. All Glory to the Hypotoad.
Last edited by Martok on Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Martok

Post#148 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:14 pm

Zealote wrote:"This video contains content from Sky, who has blocked it on copyright grounds." :P
I haven't received any notifications, and I have linked the video on various pages. IDK, until you mentioned it I had no idea of what SKY even was.

Ads
shaggyboomboom

Post#149 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:51 pm

[*]

Martok

Post#150 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:19 am

Alright, I have discovered the "concern" with the video, a one minute segment fifty-three minutes in. I can fix it and re-post. Tomorrow.