Zone Pop / Zone pop lite

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Akalukz

Zone Pop / Zone pop lite

Post#1 » Thu May 16, 2024 1:37 pm

recently my zone pop lite has not been working and I can't seem to find a working version. Can someone upload one? or recommend a new zone pop addon that shows info like door % / approx # of plays in zone (order and destro) / keep lord %

Thanks,
-= Agony =-

Ads
xyeppp
Former Staff

Re: Zone Pop / Zone pop lite

Post#2 » Thu May 16, 2024 1:53 pm

I doubt you will find a working version at the moment since SOR strings have been reimplemented in a JSON format (thanks @dalen), meaning any addon that used these will need to be updated to process them accordingly. I haven't seen Viny in a long while, so I wouldn't expect him to be on top of that.

I haven't touched the game nor addons in over a year now, but I've been meaning to come back to finish a couple of things so could probably take a look at it if nobody gets there first.
Github / Tighub / Stack

Akalukz

Post#3 » Thu May 16, 2024 2:36 pm

xyeppp wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:53 pm I doubt you will find a working version at the moment since SOR strings have been reimplemented in a JSON format (thanks @dalen), meaning any addon that used these will need to be updated to process them accordingly. I haven't seen Viny in a long while, so I wouldn't expect him to be on top of that.

I haven't touched the game nor addons in over a year now, but I've been meaning to come back to finish a couple of things so could probably take a look at it if nobody gets there first.
Thanks for the reply, I thought maybe that was the case. If you do find time to update it, please let me know.
-= Agony =-

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#4 » Thu May 16, 2024 2:58 pm

Yes, we have switched data strings to Json structure, wich means it has to be converted to lua tables. We also added a channel 9 register called ror_PacketHandling, to reduce the amount of addons listening/parsing the chat.

First you must add Dependency in your .mod file for "ror_PacketHandling" and "json", then in the .lua add a your register to the packethadler with:
ror_PacketHandling.Register("SOR_STATUS",<Functionname>)
ror_PacketHandling.Register("SOR_F",<Functionname>)

then by utilizing the json.decode(text) in the function mentioned in the register you will get a lua table from the strings

Be sure to remove the header from the text before converting the json string

Here's an example in SoR:

Under init:
ror_PacketHandling.Register("SOR_STATUS",RoR_SoR.Packet)
ror_PacketHandling.Register("SOR_F",RoR_SoR.Packet)

and under function RoR_SoR.Packet:

function RoR_SoR.Packet(text)
if string.find(text,"SOR_STATUS:") then
local text = string.gsub(text,"SOR_STATUS:","")
local SoRtable = json.decode(text)
RoR_SoR.SET_KEEP(SoRtable)
elseif string.find(text,"SOR_F:") and RoR_SoR.Settings.ShowForts == true then
local text = string.gsub(text,"SOR_F:","")
local SoRtable = json.decode(text)
RoR_SoR.SET_FORT(SoRtable)
end
end
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

ritual

Post#5 » Sat May 18, 2024 12:57 pm

sullemunk wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:58 pm Yes, we have switched data strings to Json structure, wich means it has to be converted to lua tables. We also added a channel 9 register called ror_PacketHandling, to reduce the amount of addons listening/parsing the chat.
as said above autor haven't appeared for a long time
you would be our savior if you will fix that addon