Recent Topics

Ads

Need replacement for nerfedbuttons

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Eathisword

Re: Need replacement for nerfedbuttons

Post#11 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:01 pm

Telperien wrote:Only way to disable NB at all is disable stacking more than skills on one button, but that would break PlanB or any addon that let you do it. Castsequence too. I dont mind that, but wouldnt it make some classes easier to play than others? Compare avarage used skills by kotbs and IB.
Easier is a strong term. Any serious mmo player should have 0 problem binding all the abilities needed in WAR as that number is pretty low compared to other MMO even for classes like IB/BG/RP that use like 30 skills at max. Worse case, use a Nostromo or a Naga mouse.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#12 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:07 pm

Buying an expensive mmo mouse to deal with excessive ability numbers on some classes compared to others? Accessibility of buttons is comfort and doesn't give unfair advantages, when you get the same effect with expensive gaming hardware.
Dying is no option.

Eathisword

Post#13 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:57 pm

Sulorie wrote:Buying an expensive mmo mouse to deal with excessive ability numbers on some classes compared to others? Accessibility of buttons is comfort and doesn't give unfair advantages, when you get the same effect with expensive gaming hardware.
First off, I said worse case scenario (like the op with arthritis or something). For almost everybody, you can easily use key #1-6, then modify with alt, ctr, shift; which will give you 24 keybinds, then F1-F5, q, e, f, z, x, c. THat's 30+ easily manageable keybinds that everyone can learn. And I don't know much about the rest of the world, but here in Canada, a second hand Naga mouse is like $30 us dollars. As far as MMO goes, $30 us dollars is not expensive.

I don't think NB hacks the GCD or is ''unfair''. I just think addons that play instead of you, because you cannot memorize enough keybinds and lack the awareness to use positional/conditional by yourself should not exist in PvP games.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Telperien

Post#14 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:12 pm

I was saying that for example Chosen dont use any buttons compared to like BG using 4 buttons (str buff, toughness buff and dbuff and lets say armor debuff - in a lack of resist dbuff), also BG is more complex than Chosen. Also new canadian razer naga is around 100$, who buys used mouse:)?
Slacking (checking out EvE)

Amidala
Former Staff

Post#15 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:18 pm

Delete NB,we know some people will regequit but we can survive without them
You can buy Naga for 40-50 euro anyway,30 euro for secondhand market
1-6/Q-T/F1-F4 buttons that's all

Princess Amidala Estellanor

--Tilean Warlords--Amidala AM-Drafalgar SM
--Hammer Kult--Amidalina ZE

tazdingo

Post#16 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:45 pm

Amidala wrote:we know some people will regequit but we can survive without them
i think it will be more than people expect and a case of "be careful what you wish for"

i don't see why it couldn't survive without conditionals, they're the problem. a BG making an AP conditional for driven by hate layered over everything else, i see the hate towards. a BG binding shield of rage + force of fury to the same key, you really have a problem with this to the point where you want these people gone?

it offers no advantage, it's just quality of life for people with cheap mice and a broke l alt key

Faef

Post#17 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:15 pm

tazdingo wrote:how on earth do you pick a specific target from range?
Well yeah, I would imagine thats challenging, I only ever play melee characters so target nearest and cycle targets is quite easy to use. The chap wanted it for a maurader so figured it might help.

ps, I also used it on my WL if your worried about the 65ft pull range, pretty sure cycle targets will work within that range, ive never selected a target via mouse click. Not played my wl for a while though so would need to double check that.

Paragod

Post#18 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:20 pm

I do not think NB should be removed from the game. NB is a good thing for a casual player or a player on an old machine, NB makes the game more accessible. I feel that while the game is not near over population NB should remain.

A good player will always be able to out play a nerfbutton user and let's face it most users do not utilise all the conditions, only queue some common skills based on relative cool downs.

I understand and sympathise with all arguments so far and frankly would play this game either way but I do think posters should consider the other side to their proposals. Removal might positively impact active forum users (who are generally more engaged in the game and skilful) but we must remember the silent majority of less skilful and more casual players too.

Before you think of what you will gain please think of what the wider game might lose.

Just my opinion. As always I defer to the judgement of the developers.

Ads
blaqwar

Post#19 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:40 pm

Unfortunately the argument of NB needing to stay because of casual players falls flat on its face because of a simple fact that figuring NB out and writing the scripts yourself is way more complicated than the casual player would be willing to stomach. And if you're going to argue that they use it for simple stuff and nothing overly complicated then the removal of NB won't really hurt them much, will it?

navis

Post#20 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:49 pm

NB hasn't worked for me in RoR since it's launch.. Just used occasionally to help with ability placement. If I use sequences they almost ALWAYS fail.
I would like it to work, but I have been forced to turn it off because of this unreliability, I've found.