Alternative Scenario Alerter

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Caffeine

Alternative Scenario Alerter

Post#1 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:49 pm

Last edited by Caffeine on Sat May 06, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 10 times in total.

xanderous

Re: Alternative Scenario Alerter

Post#2 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:46 pm

Awesome, thank you so much, not tried it yet but this is a great addition to already great feature, now to decide upon what sound i should have it set to, perhaps the sound of a punted gobo.
Krantz Knight of the Blazing sun Mormonty Ironbraker Alec Engineer

Caffeine

Post#3 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:10 am

xanderous wrote:Awesome, thank you so much, not tried it yet but this is a great addition to already great feature, now to decide upon what sound i should have it set to, perhaps the sound of a punted gobo.

Glad to be of use to the community.

Arteker616

Post#4 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:25 am

Caffeine wrote:
xanderous wrote:Awesome, thank you so much, not tried it yet but this is a great addition to already great feature, now to decide upon what sound i should have it set to, perhaps the sound of a punted gobo.

Glad to be of use to the community.

uhmmmmmmm i love you

obuw

Post#5 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:36 am

Thanks for making this much needed addon. I'm having trouble getting it to work though.

Do you put the Sirena folder, or the contents of the Sirena folder, in the same location as the scenarioAlert.log file?

I've tried both approaches, and then tried testing by editing the scenarioAlert.log file and adding some random letters to it, but haven't received any sounds.

Any chance you could add:

1- a "test notification" button to play the sound as if a scenario popped up?
2- making it verify that it can locate the scenarioAlert.log file on startup, and show an error dialog if it can't find it?

Would really help troubleshoot things I think.

Caffeine

Post#6 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:11 am

obuw wrote:Thanks for making this much needed addon. I'm having trouble getting it to work though.

Do you put the Sirena folder, or the contents of the Sirena folder, in the same location as the scenarioAlert.log file?

I've tried both approaches, and then tried testing by editing the scenarioAlert.log file and adding some random letters to it, but haven't received any sounds.

Any chance you could add:

1- a "test notification" button to play the sound as if a scenario popped up?
2- making it verify that it can locate the scenarioAlert.log file on startup, and show an error dialog if it can't find it?

Would really help troubleshoot things I think.

sirena.exe has to be in the same folder as scenarioAlert.log. The same goes for audio folder. If this is the first time you've ever started sirena.exe remember that you have to log on to a character at least once for the log file to be generated.

edit: just to be clear: http://i.imgur.com/cj0ztRx.png

As for testing sound you can simulate a scenario pop in game with the following macro:

Code: Select all

/script ScenarioAlert.recordScPop()

This only makes ScenarioAlert record a line to log file and will not mess with QueueQueuer in any way.

edit 2: I should point out that sirena will only bother to check the log file if war.exe process is running so editing it while the game is closed won't do anything.
Last edited by Caffeine on Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Caffeine

Post#7 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:36 pm

Updated to revision 2
- sirena will now check if a scenarioAlert.log file exists in its working directory on startup
- sirena will now check if an audio folder exists in its working directory on startup
- sirena will now check if there is a notify.mp3 or notify.wav file in the audio folder on startup
- clarified how files should be extracted in readme.txt

obuw

Post#8 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:36 pm

Thanks a bunch, I tried the /script to test and it works fine!

I guess I didn't extract it correctly the first time, while testing normally through the game, and as you say just modifying the log file while the game was closed didn't trigger Sirena.

The notify sound is a bit short, easy to miss. Maybe something from https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds could be a good default sound? I changed mine already, just thought I'd throw this out as a suggestion.

Thanks for making this addon. Now I can actually focus on work while I wait for a SC queue. :P

adamska2

Post#9 » Thu May 11, 2017 2:06 pm

Post removed ?

can you give me the link for download Sirena ?

Return to “Addons”