[Addon] Scenario Alerter

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Caffeine

[Addon] Scenario Alerter

Post#1 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:49 pm

Scenario Alerter

Download: scAlert-rev3.zip

Description

A little demo I put together that plays a sound when you get a scenario pop. It consists of 2 parts: an ingame addon ScenarioAlert that keeps a log of scenario pops and an executable sirena.exe that periodically checks the log and plays a sound if there is an update.

This works if the game is muted and/or if you are tabbed out of the game. You don't have to restart sirena.exe if you restart the game client or relog to another character.

I used an online tool http://www.bfxr.net/ to generate the default notification sound.
If you don't like how it sounds you can use your own mp3 or wav file. Simply name your file notify and place it in the Audio folder overwriting the previous one. Another good place to find notification sounds is: https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds . Thanks to obuw for posting this.

The executable doesn't modify game client in any way so using it doesn't violate our Terms of Service. At the moment only Windows operating systems are supported, for those on a 32bit OS there is a separate exe called sirena32.

Happy alt-tabbing!

Installation
  1. Install ScenarioAlert addon
  2. Place contents of folder Sirena in

Code: Select all

Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning/logs
    like so
  3. Run game, make sure ScenarioAlert addon loaded without errors
  4. Run sirena.exe
Last edited by Caffeine on Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:22 am, edited 17 times in total.
VinyUI | FPS Guide | Scenario Alert | Image Caffeine Image Decaf Image Vermont Image Nevada

Ads
xanderous

Re: Alternative Scenario Alerter

Post#2 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:46 pm

Awesome, thank you so much, not tried it yet but this is a great addition to already great feature, now to decide upon what sound i should have it set to, perhaps the sound of a punted gobo.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Caffeine

Post#3 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:10 am

xanderous wrote:Awesome, thank you so much, not tried it yet but this is a great addition to already great feature, now to decide upon what sound i should have it set to, perhaps the sound of a punted gobo.
Glad to be of use to the community.
VinyUI | FPS Guide | Scenario Alert | Image Caffeine Image Decaf Image Vermont Image Nevada

Arteker616

Post#4 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:25 am

Caffeine wrote:
xanderous wrote:Awesome, thank you so much, not tried it yet but this is a great addition to already great feature, now to decide upon what sound i should have it set to, perhaps the sound of a punted gobo.
Glad to be of use to the community.
uhmmmmmmm i love you

obuw

Post#5 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:36 am

Thanks for making this much needed addon. I'm having trouble getting it to work though.

Do you put the Sirena folder, or the contents of the Sirena folder, in the same location as the scenarioAlert.log file?

I've tried both approaches, and then tried testing by editing the scenarioAlert.log file and adding some random letters to it, but haven't received any sounds.

Any chance you could add:

1- a "test notification" button to play the sound as if a scenario popped up?
2- making it verify that it can locate the scenarioAlert.log file on startup, and show an error dialog if it can't find it?

Would really help troubleshoot things I think.

Caffeine

Post#6 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:11 am

obuw wrote:Thanks for making this much needed addon. I'm having trouble getting it to work though.

Do you put the Sirena folder, or the contents of the Sirena folder, in the same location as the scenarioAlert.log file?

I've tried both approaches, and then tried testing by editing the scenarioAlert.log file and adding some random letters to it, but haven't received any sounds.

Any chance you could add:

1- a "test notification" button to play the sound as if a scenario popped up?
2- making it verify that it can locate the scenarioAlert.log file on startup, and show an error dialog if it can't find it?

Would really help troubleshoot things I think.
sirena.exe has to be in the same folder as scenarioAlert.log. The same goes for audio folder. If this is the first time you've ever started sirena.exe remember that you have to log on to a character at least once for the log file to be generated.

edit: just to be clear: http://i.imgur.com/cj0ztRx.png

As for testing sound you can simulate a scenario pop in game with the following macro:

Code: Select all

/script ScenarioAlert.recordScPop()
This only makes ScenarioAlert record a line to log file and will not mess with QueueQueuer in any way.

edit 2: I should point out that sirena will only bother to check the log file if war.exe process is running so editing it while the game is closed won't do anything.
Last edited by Caffeine on Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Caffeine

Post#7 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:36 pm

Updated to revision 2
- sirena will now check if a scenarioAlert.log file exists in its working directory on startup
- sirena will now check if an audio folder exists in its working directory on startup
- sirena will now check if there is a notify.mp3 or notify.wav file in the audio folder on startup
- clarified how files should be extracted in readme.txt

obuw

Post#8 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:36 pm

Thanks a bunch, I tried the /script to test and it works fine!

I guess I didn't extract it correctly the first time, while testing normally through the game, and as you say just modifying the log file while the game was closed didn't trigger Sirena.

The notify sound is a bit short, easy to miss. Maybe something from https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds could be a good default sound? I changed mine already, just thought I'd throw this out as a suggestion.

Thanks for making this addon. Now I can actually focus on work while I wait for a SC queue. :P

Ads
Delenot

Post#9 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:31 am

Is there a way to adjust the level of sound which the notification file plays?

It works great, but is so quiet I can hardly hear it.

Delenot

Post#10 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:33 am

Never mind! I found it! It was a slider bar labeled Sirena in my computer's volume options!

This is one of, if not THE, best AddOn so far! Thank you VERY much!