Recent Topics

Ads

[Enemy] Custom spell icon indicators not working on unit frames...?

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Grunklestank

[Enemy] Custom spell icon indicators not working on unit frames...?

Post#1 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:46 pm

Has anyone else had trouble getting custom spell/ability icon indicators to work on Enemy unit frames?

I believe I have done everything "right" (by copying the built-in Word of Pain and Boiling Blood icon settings - which work great), and I still cannot get Enemy to show my HOTs that I have on group members... I have tried using both indicator colored dots and the actual spell icons from the icon list it gives you. Neither work.

This is making me super emo because I really need to be able to see it, and I LOVE everything else about Enemy and how customizable it is. I have gone deep into the guts of customizing this addon, and everything else works great - this is the only thing about it that I've found that doesn't work as intended.

Can anyone help?
Grunklestank - BW
Grunklebro - AM (Formerly VirginNerd)
Grunkleskank - Zealot

< Montague >
Memes Quality Assurance Officer

Ads

Grunklestank

Re: [Enemy] Custom spell icon indicators not working on unit frames...?

Post#3 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:28 am

Thanks a lot man - excellent video. Only problem is that is almost exactly what I did last night when trying to set this up, and it didn't work for me.

The only difference that I did (that you did not) is that I set the spells to only show when "cast by me". Do you have any idea if this is buggy or causes problems? (can't test it at the moment)

:: EDIT ::

OK, got home, followed your video exactly step-by-step. Still no go.

I deleted the Enemy addon folder and reinstalled it from Idrinth's (v2.8.0). Still no go. I did notice that Enemy is showing yellow "Loaded(!)" in my addons menu in game, meaning there's some error detected. Is this a problem? Any dependencies I need to install?

I even hit the Reset All button and set Enemy back to all default settings & tried it all again. Still no go.

One thing that makes absolutely no sense to me - if I enable "Test Mode", then all the spells that I added actually DO show up right where they are supposed to. However, when I turn this off and cast any of them on myself, I get none of the icons that I'm supposed to (even tho they just showed fine in Test Mode). Also, the default "HOT indicator dot" does show up like its supposed to (i.e. the orangeish one in the bottom right corner that you see anytime you have a HOT on someone). This has to be a clue of some sort...?

I seriously can't be the only person to have run into this... right?
Grunklestank - BW
Grunkleskank - Zealot

< Montague >

Telperien

Post#4 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:31 pm

Did you try changing layer?
Slacking (checking out EvE)

Grunklestank

Post#5 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:42 pm

Telperien wrote:Did you try changing layer?
I have no idea what this means :(
Grunklestank - BW
Grunkleskank - Zealot

< Montague >

Telperien

Post#6 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:27 pm

Grunklestank wrote:
In unit frames, check is layer is set to default, also main things like background is a background, HP indicators are on default. Dont bother with text visuals. Cause maybe your inidicator is there but hidden with some coloring thing.
Slacking (checking out EvE)

Grunklestank

Post#7 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:41 pm

Telperien wrote:
Grunklestank wrote:
In unit frames, check is layer is set to default, also main things like background is a background, HP indicators are on default. Dont bother with text visuals. Cause maybe your inidicator is there but hidden with some coloring thing.
OK, I have tried all of this as well. Still no go.

This is beyond frustrating.
Grunklestank - BW
Grunkleskank - Zealot

< Montague >