Current version: 1.0
Download link: HERE
Would you like to hear your killing blows announced with the voice from Unreal Tournament? Well now you can
This addon will play a sound from Unreal Tournament every time you land a Killing Blow on another player. You may remember similar addons from other games or maybe you remember Unreal Tournament itself (from 99, 2003 and 2004). There is no easy way to play custom sound effects using Warhammers built in LUA support, but I got some inspiration and help from Caffeines excellent Scenario Alerter addon that plays a sound in Windows every time a Scenario pops and I got some great help from Sullemunks awesome DeathBlow app to find out how to track death blows.
So what actually happens is that UnrealDBAnnouncer records each killing blow to a log file. This file is in turn read by a Windows script (AutoIT) here compiled to a .exe file so it's easy for you to run it without installing autoit. Everytime a killing blow, double kill or multi kill happens some announcment will be played. For example "DOMINATING!" or "MONSTERKILL!".
Logic goes like this:
- 1st kill - "First Blood"
- 2nd kill and following kills with more than 5 seconds apart - Random single target kill message. For example "DOMINATING!"
- Double Kill - 2 kills less than 5 seconds apart
- Multi Kill - Another kill after a double kill in under 5 seconds plays a random multi kill message. For example "MULTIKILL!"
Because who wouldn't want "HEADSHOT! DENIED! MO MO MO MONSTER KILL!" ringing in your ears as you slaughter your opponents on the battle field.
Just follow this easy step by step guide to install it:
1. Download the zip file from HERE, extract the addon folder and put it in your Addons folder just like you install any addon.
2. Start the game and make sure the addon is enabled
3. Run the windows application UnrealDBAnnouncer.exe (it has as squig icon and is in the addon folder, don't move it) and make sure you see it running in your System Tray.
You could also start the .exe file first and then launch the game. Either way should work.
Feedback or Questions
Just simply reply to this thread or send me an in-game tell on Ztil or Zlurp. I would love to get some feedback on the time restriction for double kill and multi kill. Should it be shorter or longer?