Recent Topics

Ads

[FEEDBACK] Sequencer Addon.

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
mynban

Re: [FEEDBACK] Sequencer Addon.

Post#41 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:16 pm

emiliorv wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:36 am
Spoiler:
zarlemagne wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:18 am
emiliorv wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:08 am

Thats a conditional check
Skip abilities in Cooldown are conditional checks

In both cases addon will make the decision instead player => a player can keep pressing the button of an ability that is in CD or cant be used in that moment => addons cant make the decision to skip that.
By that definition - any mouse/keyboard software (which have macros) should be banned as they can be used to make sequences that skip abilities on CD.
But Warg and various GM's have said it's ok to use them.

Personnally I would prefer to use a working simple sequencer that skips Abilities that are on CD etc
if any software/hardware is making decisions instead player => yes should be banned.

The action of pressing or not pressing the button of 1 ability on CD should be made by player, if 3rd tools are taking that decisions means automated gameplay and should be banned.

Skip abilities in CD is a conditional check...Devs have stated that they are against automating condicional checks:
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:00 pm
We have never really liked the idea of an addon automating conditional checks for players.
That is the point, gameing mouse and keyboard have inbuilt macro system, and it IS meant to be used for that reason. I am at this point %100 against those expensive tools, since NB was the free option for people who didnt have it. Devs took that away, but people with razor naga can still make chain sequences that test skill availability with 0 input delay, than auto rotate at 1.15 input delay. Heck some people dont even press buttons, they just toggle the rotation.

Best part is there is no way to prevent it, since it is integrated software that comes with a hardware that is created and sold for this purpose. NB was a free for all option.

Current sequencer performs worse than basic macro mouse/keyboard.

Unless sequencer skips to next skill when current one can not be used for whatever reason (being on CD, not meeting its basic condition requirement to use, lack of AP/class mechanic), then people will keep using mouse macros that does the job.

Ads
Phantasm

Post#42 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:37 pm

Spoiler:
emiliorv wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:08 am
Phantasm wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:19 am Obvious next step to improve that addon is to make sequence to skip skills which cant be actively pressed anyway without met conditions built-in to a skill
Thats a conditional check
Skip abilities in Cooldown are conditional checks

In both cases addon will make the decision instead player => a player can keep pressing the button of an ability that is in CD or cant be used in that moment => addons cant make the decision to skip that.
You clearly have no idea what both addons do/did and you dont want to see difference or you just troll. Open game, slot in skill bar any ability you got which hes got "INTERNAL CONDITION BUILT-IN THE ABILITY". Simple example:

Do you see Demolition? Can you press it? ofc u can press it, but no chance it will fire. It cant FIRE. You got no stance required to be FIRED. Your personal decision is to keep smashing that button or not? You see now? Ofc different abilities got different requirements to be fired - AP cost, mechanic cost, etc etc. Sequencer doesnt see those costs and "think" every ability is totally equal and can be used any given time. Cooldown is just another example that Sequencer "doesnt see it being unavailable to use" and skill force you to use it in said sequence. Hence the string is broken. Thats kind of feedback we give, no whine that its not working like NB did where you could ADD OWN conditional to any ability and NB was respecting it when skill was in a current place in sequence/string. Noone asks for it, thats the reason NB was disabled.

Is it clear now?

Wuhh

Post#43 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:43 pm

simple sequences for simple abilities. if you need a condition like be behind someone, then put it on another button and use your 'eyes' if you don't have use of your eyes then i am sorry for you, but keep playing.
all the conditional things should be done by the player, We decide the conditions are right not the software.
You have an AP bar, look at it. You have a visual mechanic display, look at it. Use buffhead to see immunities, look at it ...

the only things i would like added in is potions, and the other fixes for saving sequences etc. but i am quite sure they will come in time. this is a nice addon with a few tweaks to be done Thankyou for it!

Earthcake

Post#44 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:53 pm

Because it's VERY easy to use your eyes/brain while having less than 1 FPS when multiple wbs face each other...

Wuhh

Post#45 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:54 pm

so that's an fps problem. I am blessed with having good fps in most situations with full gfx, gets hard to see players sometimes is my only gripe with fx on

Kaelang

Post#46 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:31 pm

abezverkhiy wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:03 am this addon is meh...

you can only run it if you sequence most basic skills like I want to hit twice with razor strike and once with fervor.

but if I add smth more sofisticated with a cooldown or a basic pre-condition (blessing, parry, mechanic resource like grudge, acquisations etc) then you are stuck.
That's the point of a Sequencer. What you're asking for is a condition check. The Cooldown issue has been addressed on the latest version.
abezverkhiy wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:03 amcome on devs, nobody is playing using basic skills alone. think out of the box.
Nobody is forcing you to not put your skills on your action bar.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

abazaba

Post#47 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:36 pm

The current sequencer's conditional is that an ability must fire before advancing. This is probably the safest version of a sequencer in terms of automating gameplay.

An alternative, each press advancing the sequence, opens up pseudo conditionals (positional -> high CD -> low CD).

Full cascade checks on CD of the sequence would be akin to simple NB conditionals.

nonfactor

Post#48 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:39 pm

Kaelang wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:31 pm
That's the point of a Sequencer. What you're asking for is a condition check. The Cooldown issue has been addressed on the latest version.
alright but what stops me from making a macro with autohotkey that presses several skills in an order with very small intervals of miliseconds instead. That way it does not get stuck on cooldowns because it will just hit the next button in 50ms or something.
Last edited by nonfactor on Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Kaelang

Post#49 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:41 pm

nonfactor wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:39 pm
Kaelang wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:31 pm
alright but what stops me from making a macro with autohotkey that presses several skills in a order of very small intervals of miliseconds instead. That way it does not get stuck on cooldowns because it will just hit the next button in 50ms or something.
Realistically this is either keybinding your abilities and using a rotation - which is what 99% of players do. And/or creating your own Sequencer, which is something that we've released to alleviate the effort it would take to do so on your part.

So, in short, nothing stops you from doing this.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

normanis

Post#50 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:44 pm

mynban wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:18 am
normanis wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:06 am p.s about nb - nb check your enemy position and automatacly find best button to spam (immunity checker , snare checker. stat checker and maby more)
byt sequence mean addon will use abilities what u puted in row. he will not check best abilitie for situation ( finisher, spinecrusher)
so nb is not sequencer. its complitly diferent addon
Did you even try the addon? It gets stuck the moment it hits a skill that cant be used for being on CD or for not having resources. That sequence simply stops working.
Noone so far asked for checking positional requirements or immunities, all we want from it is to actually keep working, and not getting stuck.
Ishmahel wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:33 am I think you guys misunderstood the point of this addon. Is a "sequencer" so it cast one thing after onether one. No conditional check is made and this is CLEARLY whate they want, and what they implemented. If you don't get this the one who is not understanding are you, not devs.

If you have to have any check prior to use a skill do it manually and learn how to skill properly.
Are you really going to pretend people are not already using gaming keyboards/mouses with inbuilt macros, that are set to input several skills with 0 input delay so it uses the one it can in that order?
I am not even going into people putting those between 1.15 delay automatic rotations on those software.

People with expensive peripherals and cracked NB are already in the game. If this sequencer is to provide an accessible option to people, it needs to embody the function of 'if you can use this skill do so, if you cant, then use the next one'. As long as it doesn't do that, accessibility gap created in the absence of NB will stay there.

I guess I was expecting NB haters to come and endorse this without even trying it just for support.
yes i checked and all worked fine for me
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"