Recent Topics

Ads

Sequencer Addon - Features Needed

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Sequencer Addon - Features Needed

Post#21 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:20 pm

saupreusse wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:16 am
wargrimnir wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:03 am It's really not much of a discussion to be had. I'm just providing the information being asked, take it however you like.
Maybe, if so many people really ask for some updates to the sequencer, the team should reevaluate their position towards it and overcome their bias towards macros that has built up over 13 years of NB.
I see quite a few good points being made that wouldnt hurt (like potting). As I understand the teams concerm was mainly about the very powerful conditional checks... Being able to pot, or use morale abilities and pocket items doesnt really fall under that category as i see it.
I fought that battle internally, not remotely interested in fighting it again.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Post#22 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:45 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:20 pm
saupreusse wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:16 am
wargrimnir wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:03 am It's really not much of a discussion to be had. I'm just providing the information being asked, take it however you like.
Maybe, if so many people really ask for some updates to the sequencer, the team should reevaluate their position towards it and overcome their bias towards macros that has built up over 13 years of NB.
I see quite a few good points being made that wouldnt hurt (like potting). As I understand the teams concerm was mainly about the very powerful conditional checks... Being able to pot, or use morale abilities and pocket items doesnt really fall under that category as i see it.
I fought that battle internally, not remotely interested in fighting it again.
Dive right in :)

Emissary
Community Management

Post#23 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:24 am

I came back about two weeks ago after taking a hiatus for about 6 months. I started this game when it came out and was 29 years old. I played with Nerfed Buttons then, just because I was more about playing with my friends and having fun rather than measuring my e-peen like a lot do today.

Fast forward and I am 42, manage a financial institution and have a child in his 20s. I have maybe 2 to 3 hours of down time a day to play a game. I have nostalgia for this game like no other game I have ever played. I started the day Warhammer came out and was online the last minute Warhammer breathed its last breath. At the end I had 4 rr 100 toons and every other toon in the game was rr80 or higher. Everyone of the classes I loved for various reasons.

What I did not know then, but what I am learning now is the amount of buttons different classes have compared to others when just sequencer is involved. Let me go back to say I used probably 10 buttons on all my toons in live, now my kotbs (my fav by the way) i use just about the same; 10. My WP (second fav) 14, my bw (3rd fav) feels like 100. I've lifted too many weights in my day and the callouses on my hands as well as the arthritis in them will not let my fingers move the directions they used to with all kinds of alt, shift, modifiers. Seems to me sequencer really helps some classes but frankly takes a hard dump on others.

I get the conditional checks but this game was out for 12 years with Nerfedbuttons in it because of the silly amount of buttons this game requires. Conditional checks like is it a hot on or not is, or is my dot on him or not, in my opinion, meager. Now a conditional check for class, immunity, enchantment, curse etc; I get those not being wanted.

This has made the game impossible for me on some classes. Now I know the no-lifers and the internet warriors will come out to say "get gud" but if your kicks come off of impressing pixels so be it.

My two cents, it's your game you do with it as you want. I just think sequencer could use with a few more options to even out the field for all classes rather than just the few. I will just play my kotbs and be content with the nostalgia of him.
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Elvicof

Post#24 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:24 am

Add pots and everyone is happy
Moonlapse and VII

Morradin

Post#25 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:31 am

Hell I would be happy if the sequencer reset on the 1st ability (when its cool down is over) instead of setting at the last one used.

And if it skipped abilities on CD, or non applicable (like silence or shattering enchantments) when going through rotation again, I would even kiss a dev.

Alubert

Post#26 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:11 am

For the Sequencer addon to be playable it should only have two more options added.
1. the "Stack" option (for dots).
2. the "ability enabled" option. - so that it omits skills that cannot be used in rotation, e.g. due to positioning or reqired parry/dodge/disr ect.
Hurub - Chopa
Wybrany - Chosen
Mroczniak - BG
Doczek - DoK
Alubert - KTB
Mnich -WP
Kregi - Slayer

Alfa1986

Post#27 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:26 am

1. add so that the sequence of skills is reset to the beginning at the end of the CD and in time.
2.add to be able to use potions
3. increase the number of skills at least 10-15 in one sequence.
4. add a timer.
5. remove bugs.
with these functions it will be possible to somehow live then.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

MonkeyHead

Post#28 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:31 pm

NB, Sequencer, Macro keyboards and mice... There are a lot of workarounds to one core issue. This game has too many things that should be one button but are 10. Every skill and ability past level 16 should have just added an effect to an existing button press. It's the core problem with this game. NB fixed it for most of this game's life.

Ads
btbw2009
Suspended

Post#29 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:52 pm

unban NB please, sequencer is not enough
dont allow any hack (Nb dont have it since use API) which you count can do NB but bring back very useful add-on

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#30 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:06 pm

btbw2009 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:52 pm unban NB please, sequencer is not enough
dont allow any hack (Nb dont have it since use API) which you count can do NB but bring back very useful add-on
Well, NB isn't banned per se, the API was changed, and hence the calls NB was reliant on doesn't work
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza