Recent Topics

Ads

Choppa help (new player)

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
ncarreiro0619

Choppa help (new player)

Post#1 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:18 pm

New player here (kinda). I've been playing on and off over the last year nothing crazy and never made it past level 15 :) I've recently started playing a Choppa and just need some help. I have looked through so many forums and watched so many videos that just seem outdated. Now that the levels are higher can anyone post some choppa builds/guides? I'm talking about if you want to solo PvE what would your build look like. If you were pugging SC or open RvR WB what would your build look like. ECT ECT. What gear with what stats do you focus on. Where do you dump your renown points. Where does the good gear drop?! Which PQ do i need to grind in which tiers? Ehhhhh I'm currently rank 26 and RR 12. I get smashed in RvR is there a rvr guide? I'm sure all this has been discussed and if you guys can at least point me in the right direction that would be awesome!!! Thank you!

Ads
dansari

Re: Choppa help (new player)

Post#2 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:39 pm

Hi there!

I don't play a Choppa, or a Slayer for that matter, but my understanding is that it's really tough to play a Choppa solo -- you should definitely try to group up with tanks and healers and get used to staying in the group. Solo roaming is a rough battle. I'll let experienced choppas give you a cookie cutter build for rvr or pve.

For gear -- pretty straight forward, go for str/wounds/tough/weap skill (not necessarily in that order except for your main stat str).

For renown points -- I and others are a big fan of dumping the most into dodge/disrupt since you'll want to survive against ranged the most, then once you have at least 3 into dodge/disrupt, dump some into parry. Ideally you'll probably want 3 Deft Defender, 3 Parry, and then maybe RD or CW depending on how high renown rank you are.

Good gear! Since you're in mid tier, go farm Mayhem. Unfortunately I don't know the Destro equivalent but any of the PQs in High Pass/Talabec have a chance to drop mayhem gear (unless they're still broken). The Mayhem gear is not renown rank dependent like the gear you get from emblems/medallions, so it's best for you since you're low renown rank.

For RVR I think you just learn by making mistakes -- again, you're a Choppa so it's best if you group up with others and supply the damage as part of that group. There are usually warbands running in mid tier unless it's later at night NA time, press L to find them and join up. Move where the group goes, see if you can mimic other mdps (like.. when do they fall back, which targets do they focus, etc.) Good luck!
<Salt Factory>

ncarreiro0619

Post#3 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:45 pm

Thank you for the quick response! Yeah I need to play with more people. I've been keeping my eye out for a guild just don't know the community or the game well enough to jump into groups. But with time i'm sure it will be second nature.

Also looking for a good ability rotation. Sometimes i feel like im only using 2 abilities in RVR lol

TenTonHammer

Post#4 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:29 pm

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=chp ... :4676:4686:

Run Brute force till you can soft cap str then swap out for strong finish

like other have said choppa with out a dedicated guard, healer and armor debuff struggles in this armor stacking and rdps meta that domiates T4

the armor stacking too is a real problem since WS stacking dosnt feel like it gives that great retuns till you pop bring da pain

ncarreiro0619

Post#5 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:13 pm

Awesome TenTonHammer! What is the soft cap for str?

Keep em coming guys lets talk about which PQ's to farm and stuff like that! Also Rotations! :)

dansari

Post#6 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:48 pm

Str soft cap is 1050 for level 40. Not sure at the lower levels... I wouldn't worry about capping str until t4.
<Salt Factory>

Scrilian

Post#7 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:14 am

Strong Finish, 15% crit for realistically 2 abilities, while gimping your survivability even more, instead of running both str tactics or 1str+flanking and slotting WS/Wounds tallies for up to 10k hp poll and 35%+ penetration.

I ran the slayer variant of that tactic and even going glass cannon Spellbreaker build - it didn't provide any noticeable dps gain both in play and combat log wise, since a solid bulk of damage is auto hits and abilities from other trees.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Akilinus

Post#8 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:37 am

Solo for sc waronlinebuilder.org - Choppa build
2 Handed build waronlinebuilder.org - Choppa build
Can use the savage build with 2h as well.
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Ads
Panzerkasper

Post#9 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:42 am

Akilinus wrote:Solo for sc waronlinebuilder.org - Choppa build
2 Handed build waronlinebuilder.org - Choppa build
Can use the savage build with 2h as well.
Have you tried this waronlinebuilder.org - Choppa build as 2h build?

I find it pretty good since the 2h build is very reliant on finishers and Wear em down doesnt make you as squishy as wot rules? does.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Akilinus

Post#10 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:59 am

Have you tried this waronlinebuilder.org - Choppa build as 2h build?

I find it pretty good since the 2h build is very reliant on finishers and Wear em down doesnt make you as squishy as wot rules? does.
No I havent tried out any of the finisher builds. Could be fun guessing that you dont have to worry about staying in red as you dump all your rage as fast as you can.
I mostly play my warband builds
2h waronlinebuilder.org - Choppa build
Dual wield waronlinebuilder.org - Choppa build
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman