Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Jaegge

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#461 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:58 am

After the changes to "WAAAGH" and "Rock'ard" you guys think a SnB Boss BO is now reliable?

Ads
footpatrol2

Post#462 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:23 am

The new Rock Ard is great.

Waaaagh is whatever. It was always good.

Nefarian78

Post#463 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:39 am

Jaegge wrote:After the changes to "WAAAGH" and "Rock'ard" you guys think a SnB Boss BO is now reliable?
Waaaaagh was always good, but with Red Frenzy it's even better. Just need Red Frenzy to last a few more seconds, because as it is right now, the uptime is too low, and Skull Thumper is better than keeping 20% AA speed up.

Rock 'Ard was always a terrible ability, but now it's a viable choice. Wish the skill dealt Corp Dmg and was AoE to be more in-line with Boss Path being the AoE corporeal dmg path.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

ragafury

Post#464 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:15 am

Jaegge wrote:After the changes to "WAAAGH" and "Rock'ard" you guys think a SnB Boss BO is now reliable?
I don't know what you mean with reliable.

BO is designed with a high emphasis on SNB speccs, and does perform as such.

Before the changes BO was in a pretty good spot and in the wb "meta", but overall the big brawlin nerf hit harder than these 2 "buffs" can make up for.
Again, not stating that it was not OP, question is more if the nerf was applied on the right point.

Rock'ard was before the buff crappy, it's still questionable but I personally consider it now as good enough to pick it up and support with it.

WAAAAGH! is one of the best / better abilites BO has to offer for a warband.
>buffs your own dmg with follow up WAAAAAGH!s
>buffs dmg of skull thumper
>buffs a bit sorc dmg
>big deal for aoe dps zealot
>not sure if new autohit component is bugged or not haven't tested it, in theory it would be okay / good, but not overwhelming.
>does reasonable dmg / good dmg for a snb tank, very good dmg on soft targets

On the Big Swing Nerf so far, cause that goes hand in hand:
Spoiler:
problem is that the nerf hit almost every specc and format you play as a BO while the "buffs" only aim towards warband / and a really supportish playstlye.
if you see chosen as the core tank of every grp, cause it offers more support / better support with 100ft auras and an CC options, than BO competes with BG. While BG gets constantly buffed to fit more as a 2hd tank in smallscale groups, BO was untouched and now lost 50% uptime on one of his "main arguments" to pick him up as 2nd tank.

On the other hand, if something is that good that it is almost a no brainer to pick it up,... could be OP. :P
But it's also not as easy applied as people might think. As a tank you have to make your way to all those snares, kbs, kds, etc.
I would like to have seen that it simply becomes dispellable,.. so the snare component moves on big swing but can be dispelled, all other debuffs (-str, disorient) move to the tactic. this way it's the same gamble as KB. gotta hope that it's not getting parried etc. that way it would be fore both sides reliable. the target can get dispelled while the BO can try to reapply it.

We will see what the forshadowed "da toughest" changes bring.
I fiddled a bit round with the big brawlin tactic and testplayed it on some PvE mobs.
Tbh. not sure if it's worth anymore to go for it in wb and leave snaring to other ppl.

will miss the disorient though, but it makes the whole class feel even more clunky.
you end up sometimes with ~0.3 seconds left stuck in middle plan waiting for Big Swing or using another ability. There is probably an NB fix to that by optimizing ICD usage with NB strings. Still, I hate those full automization tools.

most of the time it's worth to be able to switch another time the plan and get a savin me hide off etc. and from a dps PoV subju wep proccs do some good dmg, so that's an alternative (pretty much half tool tip dmg).
will see if it's a liability for a warband atm or not, cause it's obviously harder to heal as a chosen and has lost a bit his spamming capabilites in fact, 2 very potent debuffs and a bit of dps.

WB play evolves a bit around how much "usefull" stuff you can do as a tank per GCD this atm a bit crippled cause Wez Bigger and Trip 'em up is not really desired in the rotation and jibbles is highly situational (only worth vs melee pretty much (but still very questionable use in WB play), still Big Swing debuffs even without the tactic str, so still considerable to spam on it away), AOE KD is more than highly situational, in fact you only want to use it in very specific situations (examples: funnel break, knock back to a lower level, as a short dmg stop mechanic to catch up again, seperation of groups etc.) So you go for it after the change and use changing da plan every 2nd rotation which leads to the described clunkyness or you use another skill to close the rotation and use it as a filler (as mentioned, not much use on those abilities compared to BS).

On the other hand you can just bridge the gap a bit with HTL dancing cause that got fixed.
Gotta testplay it first. First Impression: added more clunkyness while leaving you with a ? in the gud plan tier.
probably an arguable pickup cause you could also not take the tactic and try to max your stat stealing per GCD which overall adds stability to the grp.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Jaegge

Post#465 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:08 am

Wow thank you ragafury for you'r detailed Answer :)

Haojin

Post#466 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:09 am

footpatrol2 wrote:The new Rock Ard is great.

no it wasn't due to chosen's aura.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Penril

Post#467 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:55 pm

Haojin wrote:
footpatrol2 wrote:The new Rock Ard is great.

no it wasn't due to chosen's aura.
WAAAGH debuffs corp WAYYYYY more than a Chosen Aura. But it has no room if you go for THC and AoE snare (unless you are rr70+, but still you would lose NiDF or GS).

Collateral

Post#468 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:23 pm

I would never consider going for waaagh and thc, that's a really weird comp. You lose way to much stuff to be effective at anything really. Yea waaagh is pretty good now, I would love to make a double bo group for that AA buff. Put a chosen inside and another mdps and you could make a world of hurt. You can take 2 aoe snares so you can rotate them with bos. Could definitely be interesting.

Ads
footpatrol2

Post#469 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:12 pm

I run constantly 2 BO's in nearly all my group comps.

First BO: Take a BO with Boss spec Waaaaagh AE snare now rock ard merbay take knockdown. Can go full 15 point for full 990 armor buff for group from greenest, Max 378 AE resist debuff to corp (just as good as a full 15 point discord chosen) Max 378 resist group buff (Just as good as a full 15 discord chosen). 120 weaponskill ST or group buff on Player's stacking super high weaponskill. 120 strength debuff, Just as good as full 15 point Dread chosen. 25% AE disorient (used to be just as good as chosen aura Now it's not) + snare from tactic. Greenest is CONSTANTLY procing due to RvR's focus on AoE so easy to maintain buff's.

If your hybrid speccing your chosen in your 6 man your not getting the max value's I am.

2nd BO goes THC 15 point for max 120 stat buff/debuff. Could go Knockdown or could go AoE snare.

I consistently run this type of group comp like, every day, all day.

The only thing I really lack is the super punt. Everything else is basically covered. Super punts are whatever in RvR but not in small scale. I got 2 skull thumper's which is super good that has a max corp debuff on target. I have the option of a defensive morale cycle with walk it off 160 toughness which stacks with ability toughness buff's like do somethin useful 240 for max 400 toughness buff for group. I have the option to 2400 AE morale bomb + silence with 2 deafening bellows. I have 30 sec's of 20% Ap regen every 1 minute with git em ability. I used to have a consistent AoE snare and Disorient. Now that's gone...

The two BO combo is dirty... I have tricks for days...But I have to give up super punt... Which really only matter's in small scale...like 6v6 not 12v12.

Foomy44

Post#470 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:01 am

I am having a very easy time keeping close to 100% uptime on WAAAGH and plenty of uptime on Skullthumper by using the tactic Bring 'Em On and having the renown parry bonus maxed. Might not work in all scenarios but more often than not I'm parrying something every second or so in big fights, to the point where my biggest complaint is I can never use my knockback or other Gud Plan buffs when I want to cuz I'm constantly shooting straight to Best Plan. Also combos real well with Gork Smash, spamming WAAAGH crits on corp debuffed crowds is good times. I wanna try also fitting in the +parry and block during Best Plan tactic but don't have the RR level to fit it in yet.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman