Recent Topics

Ads

[Squig Herder] Abilities, pets etc. My pov.

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Teefz

[Squig Herder] Abilities, pets etc. My pov.

Post#1 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:44 pm

Hello!

Let me start of by saying that this thread is meant to shed light and possible insight into this little green machine and some of its abilities. It is NOT meant to be a SW vs SQ discussion or a class balance thread. This thread is a way for me to try to share some of the experiences and bugs of this class and – hopefully - get some feedback from the devs regarding whatever issues or questions that might occur. I intend to go through the class and specific abilities pretty thoroughly and I am going to start with one of the main issues around pet-based classes, at least when we are talking squig herder.

First off, let us shed light on the known issues regarding pets and pets’ movement:
https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issue ... rder%20pet

All of above issues from the bugtracker are known and as far as I understand, are ‘being looked into’ but let us be honest, it is low priority due to recent shenanigans. However, there is few differences I have noticed from live servers to ror servers and I am positive that a few of them are not working as intended or maybe not being looked into.

First of all there is the mentioning of Drop That!!
– the squig herder disarm from the pet –
This ability use to disarm instantly back on live due to what I believe was the fact that the disarm worked of all the pets’ abilities including auto attack. It seems that as of right now the disarm will only proc if the pet abilities – Poisoned Spine, Spine Fling, Spore Cloud, Goop Shootin’ etc – is off cooldown. – *This will be tested even more later on.*

Which brings me to another part, but arguably the most important for this class - the pets attack range. Let us start with Gas Squig:

What I am focused on is the part where it says ‘100 ft range’. Now I tested this out before I made this post so:

Here I am in Praag with a Praag Citizen. I am starting at exactly 100ft, as most of the Big Shootin’ abilities are ‘lit up’, but the Quick Shootin’ dots(98ft) (Yer Bleedin’, Rotten Arrer) is not lit up.

Now moving on to the next screenshot I have told the pet to smash the citizen!
But for some reason, the pet can only hit the target from around 50ft.

Now let us draw our attention to the Spiked Squig:
Again, I am focused on the part where is indicates the pet’s attack range, which in this case is 150ft range.

Same spot as before… I’m standing at 100ft to have an indication of the range. Keep in mind that the pet has 150ft. This is what happens when I send in the pet…

Surely this cannot be how the squig herder pets are meant to behave?

I haven’t mentioned or spend much time on the Horned squig or Frank the Tank as the only time they come out is to have a snack, doing some form of PVE or standing at a keep defence. Moving on from the pets to the class itself. I will not be spending much time right now on this section of the thread, but will most likely update it as the game progresses. I will however mention two specific abilities that definitely needs attention.

First of we have KABOOM!

https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/5783

Which unfortunately still is broken. You can – if you are playing a squig herder - do a work-around after you use KABOOM! in Squig Armor and that is to slot KABOOM! to your normal hotbar and click it. Even though it is greyed out, you will still KABOOM! This will fix your hotbars. However this workaround is to be honest worthless in PvP if you are fighting anything with half a brain. Now the reason I am bringing this up is mainly linked to the squig herder survivability – AoE KB is handy, not just for the squig herder, but also for the group that he or she is in as the squig herder should be close enough to help healers. Right now that option of using KABOOM! is out of the window. No one is going through 3 global cooldowns to punt around himself and fix hotbars… ‘Ain’t nobody got time for that’.

The last part of this thread for now will be directed towards Git Em! As melee Squig Herders also needs some loving – I’m looking at you Culdu!

https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/5612

As the smart reader will point out, something is seriously wrong with either tooltip, ballistic skill/strength contribution or something else entirely. Culdu also pointed out on the bugtracker that the whole 35ft teamwork between the herder and the squig seems rather dodgy.

That is all the juice in my tank for now! I hope that some players and devs will be able to use some of this information. I will try and update this thread every now and then, thank you for your time.

Ads
Dalgrimar

Re: [Squig Herder] Abilities, pets etc. My pov.

Post#2 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:19 pm

Great post from a great SH!
Hopefully we get some Dev attention on the issues mentioned especially on the pet range.
Dalgri - Ftp/Sens - Sadboi - Fanboy

utube
twitch

Zealote

Post#3 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:24 pm

I'm not sure I understand the purpose of this thread tbh. If you think this is the case:
Teefz wrote:However, there is few differences I have noticed from live servers to ror servers and I am positive that a few of them are not working as intended or maybe not being looked into.
... then why not just post in the relevant bugtracker reports, or make new ones? E.g. #5709 (regarding range) has a confirmation request up, and I just looked briefly (so don't quote me on it) at a vid and it seems you're right that squigs did attack from further away than they currently do (~50ft). That just needs posting in the report, with evidence.
Aetir

Lektroluv
Suspended

Post#4 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:12 pm

The range in pet range attacks, it is completely broken...that is a true fact, and can be proven login in one squig herder and using the 100 feet abilitys, while the pet goes closer and closer....the pets abilities do not respec 100 feets abilitys range, and much less the 150 feets one once you use the extended range tactic.
This only leads to pets dieing in areas, in first 5 seconds of batle, or losing control over it for disarm the posible WH, or pounce spam attacks because he is too far from you or it is dead.

I don't know about other bugs, gave up on kaboom some time ago, didn't think about disarm one, or git'em one.
But the pet not using the real ability range, it is really discouraging and burn one of the class most important and fun tools into ashes.

Teefz

Post#5 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:33 pm

Zealote wrote:I'm not sure I understand the purpose of this thread tbh. If you think this is the case:
Teefz wrote:However, there is few differences I have noticed from live servers to ror servers and I am positive that a few of them are not working as intended or maybe not being looked into.
... then why not just post in the relevant bugtracker reports, or make new ones? E.g. #5709 (regarding range) has a confirmation request up, and I just looked briefly (so don't quote me on it) at a vid and it seems you're right that squigs did attack from further away than they currently do (~50ft). That just needs posting in the report, with evidence.
First of all, try and focus on the subject - especially the part with my pov. As I try and explain in the first paragraph
Teefz wrote:'Let me start of by saying that this thread is meant to shed light and possible insight into this little green machine and some of its abilities. It is NOT meant to be a SW vs SQ discussion or a class balance thread. This thread is a way for me to try to share some of the experiences and bugs of this class and – hopefully - get some feedback from the devs regarding whatever issues or questions that might occur'
In a nutshell, this is my thread, create for the sole purpose of me being able to voice my opinion and possible concerns.

Azarael

Post#6 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:37 pm

Zealote wrote:I'm not sure I understand the purpose of this thread tbh. If you think this is the case:
Confirm. Bugtracker is for bugs. I interpret this thread as an attempt to get these issues fixed faster by posting 4 reports in a forum topic instead of on the tracker.

For the record? Drop That says that it acts on your pet's next attack. The handler listens for direct damage dealt by the squig and invokes the disarm when this occurs. Therefore it works on the auto attack. This might even have been on the bugtracker.

Dalgrimar

Post#7 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:50 pm

The pet range bug is probably the most annoying sh** ever.
Dalgri - Ftp/Sens - Sadboi - Fanboy

utube
twitch

Teefz

Post#8 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:58 pm

Azarael wrote:
Confirm. Bugtracker is for bugs. I interpret this thread as an attempt to get these issues fixed faster by posting 4 reports in a forum topic instead of on the tracker.

For the record? Drop That says that it acts on your pet's next attack. The handler listens for direct damage dealt by the squig and invokes the disarm when this occurs. Therefore it works on the auto attack. This might even have been on the bugtracker.
I am sorry that it gets interpreted that way. As I mentioned above, this is only to voice my opinion and possibly give a deeper insight into the squig herder class. Which is why I figured this forum section would be a match and actually put a bit of effort into it.

Yes I am aware of what Drop That!! says, however if it's not the auto attack - which I thought could be the cause - behind the delayed disarm, then I am not sure what it is. I do not remember it being so slow though? All you have to do is watch any of the old rr100 videos from live of squig herders - Floo, Paura and a few others on youtube. The disarm use to be really really deadly. Now, it's just deadly. :lol: Thanks for the reply.

Ninja edit: Regarding Drop That!! - Maybe the delay is simply nothing more than the pet attack range. As the pet has to travel a further distance in order to disarm.

Ads