Recent Topics

Ads

Question regarding playing a Black Orc, not build related.

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
ragafury

Re: Question regarding playing a Black Orc, not build related.

Post#31 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:11 pm

rmpl wrote:I also have few questions,... -snip-
I pm'd you a bit of information.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Ads
Collateral

Post#32 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:20 pm

I didn't see it as a question regarding tanking in general, which he seems to know cuz he plays a kotbs. He even asked "what can I do outside of the usual tank stuff?" :P

But nvm I'm nitpicking here. What you said is not wrong, just a bit off topic imo.

Axerker

Post#33 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:22 pm

Collateral wrote:I didn't see it as a question regarding tanking in general, which he seems to know cuz he plays a kotbs. He even asked "what can I do outside of the usual tank stuff?" :P

But nvm I'm nitpicking here. What you said is not wrong, just a bit off topic imo.
Ah, sorry, I didn't see the part where he said he played a KotBS - I admit to skimming the first few posts. Then you're correct, I was a bit outside of what he was looking for. My apologies. :)

Machete11

Post#34 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:23 am

@collateral,

You mentioned having 25-30% crit. Is that base or with the Gork smash tactic?

Thanks

Collateral

Post#35 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:26 am

Machete11 wrote:@collateral,

You mentioned having 25-30% crit. Is that base or with the Gork smash tactic?

Thanks
With the tactic ofc :D. My base is 14%. When I talk about crit it always include the tactic and being in best plan, cuz that's where your most important abilities are anyway. I'm pretty sure there's no way to get over 20% base crit on bo, or at least I can't think of one right now. If I maxed out crit in rr I would be at 19%. But I don't think it's really worth it. My damage is just fine, and if you invest so much into offense you just become a glass cannon that any decent opposition shuts down in no time.

ragafury

Post#36 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:38 am

20% tactic + 3% boots + 5% 6pcs Dom + 2% wep (1hd). = 30% Crit for the most damaging abilities.

Can get 1% additional by a 2hd wep.
Full Genesis again +3%. (warrior set)

= 33% / 34%.

Can get offensive Crit for renown... Leaves you without defensive stats basically.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

rmpl

Post#37 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:23 am

Thanks for all the great help and suggestion, I'm especially fond of your idea of using DYG on pets to buff your party consistently.

Machete11

Post#38 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:41 pm

I figured you meant with the tactic, but I thought that maybe you were going full dom, full gen and maxing crit with rr for a full glass cannon BO.

Anyway, I appreciate the response.

Thanks

Ads
rmpl

Post#39 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:40 pm

What kind of jewlery are you guys wearing on your BOs? Currently I'm considering two setups:

3 BL + The Winds Impervious which gives:
strength 23
toughness 12
wounds 44
weapon skill 107
initiative 27
213 stat bonuses in total
armour 210
spiritual resistance 555
elemental resistance 580
corporeal resistance 580
3AP/s

4 Genesis Everlasting (I prefer it over undying) + BL cloak
strength 0
toughness 85
wounds 36
weapon skill 0
initiative 24
145 stat bonuses in total
spiritual resistance 298
elemental resistance 320
corporeal resistance 298
2% dodge
2% disrupt
3% block
3% reduction to be crit
3% reduced armour pen

I'm having a hard time deciding between those two. Sure, the genesis has better defensive stats (tougness and ini) and nice % bonuses to dodge, disrupt etc. but I'm not sure if those are worth losing +250 of each resist.

ragafury

Post#40 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:56 pm

both sets are kinda close to each other in terms of powerlevel, though I prefer genesis to wear, simply because 3% frontal avoid and a total of 5% avoid vs RDPS is better than taking permanently slightly reduced hits imo. I haven't done any math to back things up though. I just prefer the philosophy back from my tanking experience in other games.

also works as a bolster vs the common avoid debuffs.

though, avoid is only good with a large HP pool to back it up, otherwise you can suffer spike.
winds kinda flattens dmg and makes it constant.

I always carry winds with me around as a backup plan.

you have always access to HTL, savin me hide with SNB.
SMH is a powerfull tool to recover and to lower incoming magical dmg for you and your grp.

you may have access to CHM.

if things get totally out of hand you can switch to greenest if you are specced boss for a few seconds and shift back if your missing the crucial buffs because of odd grp / setup ,usually takes 1-2 sec if you are in a warband situation till everything is up and last 10 seconds. but tbh. that is kinda ultima ratio and should only be a thing in a pug setup were the leader has 0 clue about grp building and requires you to tryhard and make up for it. you may also want to leave the grp and play something else at that point than.

in a majority of cases the easiest fix for resistances is:

grp with a chosen / get grp'd with a chosen. that alone is in majortiy of cases enough to lower incoming dmg numbers together with your class tools to reasonable amounts (resistance and toughness aura + chosens challenge + SMH + HTL).
chosen also compliments most setups with a BO really nice cause he delivers the CC you are missing.

TL;DR: genesis + pocket chosen (alternative: pocket shaman) imo.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---