Recent Topics

Ads

Choppa spec?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
ismetto

Re: Choppa spec?

Post#151 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:12 am

Live Server Karak Azgal / Norn - Ismetto
RR8X Punisher (Da Magnog Killa)
Youtube

Ads
tionblack

Post#152 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:09 am

So much falsehood is being spread in this topic,everyone whines noone talks about choppas 160 wounds with % 25 increased crit damage tactic,literally a high RR choppa can be a RAID boss. Have you ever had a party good enough to keep you up in RED zone with TWO HANDER as you CRIT on SQUISHIES with that %25 crit damage increase tactic?

Two frigging heal debuff inc and outgoing the moment you get close to a healer they will die!i do not understand why people try to bring up other clases's good performing skills to make choppa look weaker.I guess blaming other things is easier than try harding to become better.

Most people are like parrots they do repeat the stuff they hear all the time without even having proper experience or idea.Many players here i see in this topic dont even group up occasionally to be able to have an idea ,they casually log in play 2-3 scenarios or do rvr with 4 man and they come here type on forums like real leet pros :))))

kill Droll you Kill this Server. DROLL is Community :wink:

catholicism198

Post#153 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:20 am

Did someone just get "pwnd" by a solo choppa?
You act as if the Slayer doesn't have a butt ton more "candy..."
WH gets two healing debuffs as well- one of which is a base ability.

Arteker616

Post#154 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:04 am

tionblack wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:09 am So much falsehood is being spread in this topic,everyone whines noone talks about choppas 160 wounds with % 25 increased crit damage tactic,literally a high RR choppa can be a RAID boss. Have you ever had a party good enough to keep you up in RED zone with TWO HANDER as you CRIT on SQUISHIES with that %25 crit damage increase tactic?

Two frigging heal debuff inc and outgoing the moment you get close to a healer they will die!i do not understand why people try to bring up other clases's good performing skills to make choppa look weaker.I guess blaming other things is easier than try harding to become better.

Most people are like parrots they do repeat the stuff they hear all the time without even having proper experience or idea.Many players here i see in this topic dont even group up occasionally to be able to have an idea ,they casually log in play 2-3 scenarios or do rvr with 4 man and they come here type on forums like real leet pros :))))
the problem with ur assumption is choppa gonna keep easily both hds , outgoing is on 30 secs cd and is way better have a bg with mk .

in your universe where choppa is using wot rules in a 6 man u include is my guess another 6 man where both tanks will rotate guards and u have 2 healers wich can easily fixt the choppa with a single skill called Detaunt . so mostly ur detaunt gonna ignore the effect of the choppa second hd easily .

meanwhile , on slayer u can do still do things even better because while u dont have the choppa outgoing hd, u do have probably the strongest wound debuff on game .wich is on 10 seconds cd , and of course u can drop a spam of spellbreakers . all while u can keep a permanent 50 % haste buff on the slayer if u got a party wich can support your use of power trough.

All this while u can have a 50% reduction on staggers /kds blabla racial so keeping u down to be focused is even harder , and using rampage to ignore all the parry block of the universe.

TenTonHammer

Post#155 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:05 am

tionblack wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:09 am everyone whines noone talks about choppas 160 wounds with % 25 increased crit damage tactic,literally a high RR choppa can be a RAID boss. Have you ever had a party good enough to keep you up in RED zone with TWO HANDER as you CRIT on SQUISHIES with that %25 crit damage increase tactic?

1)
The effectiveness of the wounds tactic is offset by both the basically mandatory dont wanna live for eva tactic and the class mechanic itself, choppa is inherently a fragile glass cannon, even with the 160 wounds tactic its surviveablity is atmost only on par with other mdps and is defiantly not suprior to the likes of mara

2)
while the 25% tactic great and is one of the things that choppa has going for it, if i could choose to trade it for orders 50% AA haste id do so in a heartbeat

you cant great as good crit chance in RoR as you could have on live since the devs have scaled back the ability for crit stacking and there will be no rr100 gear

even then mara, wl, WE and WH all have 50% crit increase tactic's its not so huge to get excited about

3)
the fact that you praise No More Helpin makes me feel like you dont understand choppa espically after talking about choppa in a group setting , choppa's dont want to blow rage if they can help it and even then they would rather spend it on Try An Hurt Me or Sit Down, with its long cool down and exhaust its such a waste unlees you want to run wot rules....which is the dumbest thing you could do

even then No More Helpin is COMPLETELY outclassed by BG's soul killer; if your party wants to bring an outgoing healdebuff to have additionally pressure vs enemy healers then no other option can compete, the ability has no cooldown so the debuff can never be effectively be cleansed unlike No More Helpin and additionally triple debuffs their willpower to further decrease their effective healing

combine that with the fact that duel wield has faster AA where a good chunk of your damage with choppa comes from and free 10% parry, then why even go 2H

Toshutkidup

Post#156 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:37 am

I enjoyed the 16 page read, was bored so just did it. Wanting to keep this topic going so just posted this :)
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

tionblack

Post#157 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:49 am

Arteker616 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:04 am
tionblack wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:09 am So much falsehood is being spread in this topic,everyone whines noone talks about choppas 160 wounds with % 25 increased crit damage tactic,literally a high RR choppa can be a RAID boss. Have you ever had a party good enough to keep you up in RED zone with TWO HANDER as you CRIT on SQUISHIES with that %25 crit damage increase tactic?

the problem with ur assumption is choppa gonna keep easily both hds , outgoing is on 30 secs cd and is way better have a bg with mk .

in your universe where choppa is using wot rules in a 6 man u include is my guess another 6 man where both tanks will rotate guards and u have 2 healers wich can easily fixt the choppa with a single skill called Detaunt . so mostly ur detaunt gonna ignore the effect of the choppa second hd easily .

meanwhile , on slayer u can do still do things even better because while u dont have the choppa outgoing hd, u do have probably the strongest wound debuff on game .wich is on 10 seconds cd , and of course u can drop a spam of spellbreakers . all while u can keep a permanent 50 % haste buff on the slayer if u got a party wich can support your use of power trough.

All this while u can have a 50% reduction on staggers /kds blabla racial so keeping u down to be focused is even harder , and using rampage to ignore all the parry block of the universe.
0.5)Outgoing heal debuff is gold it leaves your black guard with a free tactic slot which is amazing,due to nature of the positioning in the battle you ran into healers less often than dps and tanks 30 seconds outgoing heal debuff should be fine.

1)Choppa and slayer incoming heal debuff is the same exept choppas is curse,slayers is ailment.Slayer doesnt have outgoing heal debuff instead in 2 hander tree he gets absorb crush .

2)If you play 2 handed slayer you go with 2 stat tactics aka brute force+wild gambit then the last two should be violent impacts( else no way you can spam any of those skills you mentioned above) and/or flanking,breaking point,stoutness of stone,push for more. So its like % 25 to % 50 attack speed ( consider against competetive groups you cant go red all the time its a huge risk)or 15 crit or %15 increased damage . You never use power through with slayer with giantslayer tree because you do want to keep your yellow zone up all the time ,its obvious you have no idea what your talking about.

3)Again this is where you are wrong first you say omg % 50 attack speed then you mention spamming spellbreaker etc ,% 50 attack speed means you need to be on red zone and if you spam spellshatter you loose your rage and it means your attack speed is gone and the worst thing is by spamming it in red zone you loose your % 75 increased dmg bonus for your finishers.Even if u stay on yellow zone with attack speed tactic you will loose the bonus whenever you use giantslayer abilities where you will do all the time. People really should think twice before what they type :D

kill Droll you Kill this Server. DROLL is Community :wink:

Fallenkezef

Post#158 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:49 am

tionblack wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:49 am
Arteker616 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:04 am

0.5)Outgoing heal debuff is gold it leaves your black guard with a free tactic slot which is amazing,due to nature of the positioning in the battle you ran into healers less often than dps and tanks 30 seconds outgoing heal debuff should be fine.

1)Choppa and slayer incoming heal debuff is the same exept choppas is curse,slayers is ailment.Slayer doesnt have outgoing heal debuff instead in 2 hander tree he gets absorb crush .

2)If you play 2 handed slayer you go with 2 stat tactics aka brute force+wild gambit then the last two should be violent impacts( else no way you can spam any of those skills you mentioned above) and/or flanking,breaking point,stoutness of stone,push for more. So its like % 25 to % 50 attack speed ( consider against competetive groups you cant go red all the time its a huge risk)or 15 crit or %15 increased damage . You never use power through with slayer with giantslayer tree because you do want to keep your yellow zone up all the time ,its obvious you have no idea what your talking about.

3)Again this is where you are wrong first you say omg % 50 attack speed then you mention spamming spellbreaker etc ,% 50 attack speed means you need to be on red zone and if you spam spellshatter you loose your rage and it means your attack speed is gone and the worst thing is by spamming it in red zone you loose your % 75 increased dmg bonus for your finishers.Even if u stay on yellow zone with attack speed tactic you will loose the bonus whenever you use giantslayer abilities where you will do all the time. People really should think twice before what they type :D
Most Giantslayers run push for more to spam the abilities. I know I did when I ran Slayer. Staying red was the best way to ramp up the damage.

I ran both the str increase tactics, push for more and the 50% increase aa tactic.
Alea iacta est

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#159 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:50 am

25% extra crit damage.
This tactic is extremly overrated. It's the worst crit dmg tactic in the game coz it's a racial one. If you take the overall dmg increase of this tactic you gonna see it doesn't even outperforms Brute Force. Choppas slot it coz there's simply no better options.

If you wanna make a argument for Choppa it should be from the perspective of why bring a Choppa over WE/MA and possible even melee SH when it's finnished. Not what Choppa can do in isolation.
There used to be a reason to with Chop Fasta! and Sorcs in warbands. But no more.

Fallenkezef

Post#160 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:05 am

roadkillrobin wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:50 am 25% extra crit damage.
This tactic is extremly overrated. It's the worst crit dmg tactic in the game coz it's a racial one. If you take the overall dmg increase of this tactic you gonna see it doesn't even outperforms Brute Force. Choppas slot it coz there's simply no better options.

If you wanna make a argument for Choppa it should be from the perspective of why bring a Choppa over WE/MA and possible even melee SH when it's finnished. Not what Choppa can do in isolation.
There used to be a reason to with Chop Fasta! and Sorcs in warbands. But no more.
There really is little reason to pick a Choppa when a Mara is available
Alea iacta est