Recent Topics

Ads

[Shaman] Looking for a build

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
filipanton

[Shaman] Looking for a build

Post#1 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:23 pm

So I tried the WH and I didnt really like it at all, so now im looking for a noob friendly shaman build/guide, this game is honestly extremely confusing so im pretty lost... if anyone here plays shaman I wouldnt mind some tips, what gear/abilities and things...

Ads
ToXoS

Re: [Shaman] Looking for a build

Post#2 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:13 pm

Dude, check the already existing threads about builds.
Also, playing WH for some hours is not what I would call "trying the class".

Dabbart

Post#3 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:34 pm

Sounds like you're pretty new to Warhammer, and especially this server. Can I ask what level you played the WH to? The main problem with joining a game like this, is that every single class performs differently at different level ranges. This is due to the available amount of abilities you have unlocked, the amount of tactics you have(you get 1 every 10 lvls starting lvl 11(so 2 at 20, 3 at 30, 4 at 40). You get more Mastery points as you progress as well. So, generally, a Build is something planned for a lvl 40 toon. If you are looking for that, here are a few I run with:

Standard Survival: http://www.ror.builders/career/shaman/s ... ,5289,5301

Morale Pump: http://www.ror.builders/career/shaman/s ... ,5289,5301

Insta-Rezz healer spec: http://www.ror.builders/career/shaman/s ... ,5288,5290

DPS spec: http://www.ror.builders/career/shaman/s ... ,5291,5320

There are a TON of ways you can build your shaman. Depends on your playstyle, and what you want to do. The hard part, is the first 20 lvls. The same goes for every single healer, until you hit lvl 20 and you gain your group heal, you are gimped. Zealot/Rune priest has access to instant-cast heals, Shammies are just kinda boned.

As far as playstyle, remember that you are super squishy. Especially as a lowbie. Prekiting is key. This means, start to fall back BEFORE the enemy front-line is ontop of you. Pay attention to Line of Sight breaks such as tree's, rocks, etc both offensively and defensively. Be aware if that DPS is about to charge around a corner out of your LoS and move so you can keep them up. Also be aware of Tree's around you to break the LoS of people trying to murder you.

IMO, if you are looking for a "newb friendly" class, and you wish to try healer, then I suggest the Rune Priest or Zealot. Zealot is great(if you like destro) as later ranks it can farm PvE mobs solo highly effectively. RP kinda sucks at DPS...

Gl to you, and keep posting questions if you have em. But yea, we do have a search function on the forums. Try using the Advanced Search and sort your searches by Topic...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Foomy44

Post#4 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:27 pm

Would help to know if you wanna heal or dps, huge difference there. People are recommending you read old guides and that is great advice but be warned shaman have gone thru some serious changes since this server started, an experimental mode that changed their mechanic and then got reverted, disrupt changes rly hurting DPS shammies that don't have high int, change to how their lifetaps function and what stats they run off that also got reverted sorta, etc. so some of those guides will be dated, keep that in mind.

I'll go ahead and throw out my build I'm using lately, it's a solo roaming survival oriented dps spec.

http://www.ror.builders/career/shaman/s ... ,5291,5298

Yes, I dps in that. The emergency heal (which gives +25 to incoming heals not shown on tooltip) and toughness buff HoT are the difference between a WL/WH killing me during a knockdown and being able to kite them to death (the bad to medium ones at least). I rly don't miss the AoE from dps tree, that thing is a pain to cast with 80 ft range. 2 ele debuffs since your mastery is low on your dps skills so you need the ele debuffs on your target to be effective. At lower RR drop Gedoff, that's mostly just for fun. Abuse your lifetap, spam hots when getting chased to get mechanic points so u can insta cast lifetaps while kiting (another reason I took the 2nd hot, having another hot to spam makes charging your dps mechanic points a bit less painful than spamming 1 over and over). Sometime I don't even slot Divine Fury or Mork's Watching, instead go for Green Cleaning and Discipline for even better self heals if I know im gonna be getting focused or hit by high burst classes (dont use lifetaps much then since they will do less damage and heal for less). This setup is most effective at a 2 man at most, it's main strength is its versatility (being able to put out decent heals and decent dps) but in any good 6 man you should have all the roles covered so versatility ain't that useful compared to being great at your role. You won't be bursting anyone down fast but I've won plenty of long 1v2s against DPSers that would have destroyed me in a squishier build, and you can last a surprisingly long time solo guarding a flag in SCs.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

filipanton

Post#5 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:35 pm

Foomy44 wrote:Would help to know if you wanna heal or dps, huge difference there. People are recommending you read old guides and that is great advice but be warned shaman have gone thru some serious changes since this server started, an experimental mode that changed their mechanic and then got reverted, disrupt changes rly hurting DPS shammies that don't have high int, change to how their lifetaps function and what stats they run off that also got reverted sorta, etc. so some of those guides will be dated, keep that in mind.

I'll go ahead and throw out my build I'm using lately, it's a solo roaming survival oriented dps spec.

http://www.ror.builders/career/shaman/s ... ,5291,5298

Yes, I dps in that. The emergency heal (which gives +25 to incoming heals not shown on tooltip) and toughness buff HoT are the difference between a WL/WH killing me during a knockdown and being able to kite them to death (the bad to medium ones at least). I rly don't miss the AoE from dps tree, that thing is a pain to cast with 80 ft range. 2 ele debuffs since your mastery is low on your dps skills so you need the ele debuffs on your target to be effective. At lower RR drop Gedoff, that's mostly just for fun. Abuse your lifetap, spam hots when getting chased to get mechanic points so u can insta cast lifetaps while kiting (another reason I took the 2nd hot, having another hot to spam makes charging your dps mechanic points a bit less painful than spamming 1 over and over). Sometime I don't even slot Divine Fury or Mork's Watching, instead go for Green Cleaning and Discipline for even better self heals if I know im gonna be getting focused or hit by high burst classes (dont use lifetaps much then since they will do less damage and heal for less). This setup is most effective at a 2 man at most, it's main strength is its versatility (being able to put out decent heals and decent dps) but in any good 6 man you should have all the roles covered so versatility ain't that useful compared to being great at your role. You won't be bursting anyone down fast but I've won plenty of long 1v2s against DPSers that would have destroyed me in a squishier build, and you can last a surprisingly long time solo guarding a flag in SCs.

Im trying to understand that site but its really confusing me, like which abilities am I suppose to use, do I use all the Core abilities and the mastery abilities?

Foomy44

Post#6 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:46 pm

You get all the core ones no matter what as you level. The masteries you gotta spend your mastery points on to acquire, you start getting those at lvl 11, how you spend those is a big part of how your character plays and what differentiates you from other shaman out there. You should get a good idea of what abilities to use when as you play, they come slow enough and leveling takes a long time so plenty of time to experiment with what ya got. Some abilities are situational, like the AoE snare Sticky Feetz you wanna use to slow people down when running away (or to apply the elemental debuff to nuke em faster if you are in a safe spot and can get a kill out of it), some are core parts of your rotation like the core ability Gettin Smarter which is a great dot that also increases your intelligence which makes all your other attacks hit harder, so you wanna cast that early on in combat. Just play around with what ya got and read guides, the basics at least should come to you in time and you can always ask more detailed questions once you have a better understanding of the class.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Dabbart

Post#7 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:51 pm

For shaman all of your Heals are from your Left mastery tree, the Path of Mork.

Main Healing abilities:
Spoiler:
Lvl1 Gork'll Fix It! You should rarely use this after the first few levels. It costs 55AP, which is a lot. Provides crap heals, but it can be used on the move, which is it's only saving grace at later levels.

lvl 3: 'Ey, Quit Bleedin': This is your main HoT(heal over time). You should try and stack this on every groupmate that is in combat.

lvl 5: Don't Feel Nuthin: this is an absorp bubble. It's helpful, especially when you don't have time for a 2s cast

Lvl 7 Mork's Buffer: This is an Enchantment buff that raises your group mates resistances. Use it at the beginning of every SC, and every time you enter a new group in a warband or have a chance to stop.

lvl 8 Bigger, Better, An' Greener: Your main single-target heal. 2s cast, for a large amount of health. Requires LoS checks to complete. This will be your go to heal most of the time.

lvl 16 Greener 'n Cleaner: This is a Cleanse. It removes a Curse or Ailment from an ally(or yourself) and also provides an absorp bubble. Use this on cool-down whenever you can, you can get a tactic later that provides a HoT for this as well.

lvl 18 Yer Not So Bad: Is an AP drain. You cast it on an enemy, and it drains AP from them and transfers them to you. As you will often be running low on AP, this is a great spell. The enemy has a chance to Disrupt it however, so pick your targets appropriately.

lvl 20 Gather Round: Group Heal! 2.5s cast to heal every group member within 100ft of you. You do NOT need LoS to heal them, you can heal someone on a level above you while hiding in a corner somewhere, as long as they are 100ft from you. This will be your bread and butter for stationary fights.
The Mastery Abilities you should focus on:
Spoiler:
Are Sticky Feetz the 5pt ability on Path of Mork and Shrug it Off the 9pt ability on the same path. Note, you have to spend a point to gain the ability after you reach the lvl(so 6pts to gain Sticky Feetz). You can gain both of these by lvl 21.

Sticky Feetz is a Puddle that provides an area that both slows all enemies(friendlies are unaffected) and debuffs their Elemental resistance. EXCEPTIONALLY important for Kiting, escaping, or clogging up a charge.

Shrug it Off is a 30s buff you cast on an ally that increases all healing on them by 25%, if they are reduced to below 20% health, they will instantly regain some health and the spell will dispel.
Tactics wise, you are forced to use the best you have at any given lvl. For RR I suggest taking Deft Defender so you can survive against RDPS, then pump your heal crit.

Everything else has it's own place. Goof around with the DPS spells on PvE mobs to learn the timing of them. By lvl 21 you should have a decent grasp of the class. Just know that you wont understand how the class actually is "meant" to play until into the 30's. You just haven't unlocked enough mastery points yet... If you advance past lvl 21 you should have the knowledge to make your own build, and understand the builds and tactics posted.

Hope this helps, and gl with the shaman! It's a tough class at times, but a lot of fun!
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.