Recent Topics

Ads

Black Orc Things

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Collateral

Re: Black Orc Things

Post#21 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:54 am

Even with a wounds buff, you won't be shrugging off any dmg when you get focused. When a bw or wh hits you for 1.5-2k it wouldn't matter much. You would need like 11k+ if you want to kind of shrug things of. Anything above that is redundant anyway when you hit the soft cap. So I don't think wounds would solve any issues.

The avoidance part is crucial, and everyone agrees that 2h bo seriously lacks in that department. I would start with removing the 80% dmg to others. If in the heat of combat you accidentally push the button (hey it can happen), or if your target dies fast, or if you have to switch focus (which can happen a lot, especially in 6v6 scenarios), you basically screwed yourself over. Yes you have a huge boost in defenses, but if you are pushing you don't exactly need it anyway. And no that doesn't mean that you would be dealing 20% more dmg to everyone, that part would stay only for your target of course.

Ads
anarchypark

Post#22 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:58 am

Collateral wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:54 am
Spoiler:
Even with a wounds buff, you won't be shrugging off any dmg when you get focused. When a bw or wh hits you for 1.5-2k it wouldn't matter much. You would need like 11k+ if you want to kind of shrug things of. Anything above that is redundant anyway when you hit the soft cap. So I don't think wounds would solve any issues.

The avoidance part is crucial, and everyone agrees that 2h bo seriously lacks in that department. I would start with removing the 80% dmg to others. If in the heat of combat you accidentally push the button (hey it can happen), or if your target dies fast, or if you have to switch focus (which can happen a lot, especially in 6v6 scenarios), you basically screwed yourself over. Yes you have a huge boost in defenses, but if you are pushing you don't exactly need it anyway. And no that doesn't mean that you would be dealing 20% more dmg to everyone, that part would stay only for your target of course.
you started with lack of avoidance and survivability. then ended up with more dmg.
are you roleplaying genius ork? :lol:
no offense, just kidding.

I don't mind 12k hp BO. but heal amount of wound buff might be problem.
10k + regen might be better.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Acidic

Post#23 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:35 am

after reading some of the other suggestions of a downside the following is how I would see the skill.

No 20% Damage buff on target, no damage debuff
All the resist and survivability , this is the whole point of it
Downside
No wounds debuff
Small heal debuff 25%
self snare 50% reduced speed (not sure on number)

The damage buff is single target and unnessasary while punishing aoe black Orcs with the debuff on the rest limits the skill.
Logic of the reduced speed as BO wants to inspect his work and check his weapon size
Smaller heal debuff as 50% is just too severe

Acidic

Post#24 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:22 pm

One thing I don’t follow is the level of the risk. When looking at SW 15 point skill and Black ork skill

Ability - Shadowstep - A replacement 15 point ability in the assault tree. This ability works as a gap closer. Its a 2s cast, 20s cooldown ability which additionally grants you a 10s buff which currently grants 25% parry/dodge/disrupt defences and AA speed

The impacts are goong to be pretty similar except that there is no downside to the SW skill, ok 2 sec cast with pounce like thing that may be annoying but nothing equivalent to only doing 80% damage on other targets , nothing on debuff like heal and wounds.
Bit confused as to why one class is treated so differently, could not find a downside on any other 15 point skill.

Someone01

Post#25 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:22 pm

ToXoS wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:31 am
Someone01 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:11 pm Yo i'm new here, and wanted to know before I made a Black Ork: are there a lot of Orks on? I don't want to play an Ork if they're rare xd. Seems like most people play Chaos.
Oh yes, there are a lot of OrCs with a "C" (K is for warhammer 40K, not fantasy :D ).
You will also find a lot of greenskins only guilds, so don't worry.
Good to hear. I've always been more into 40k, so it will always be Orks for me xd

Ugle

Post#26 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:56 pm

Acidic wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:22 pm One thing I don’t follow is the level of the risk. When looking at SW 15 point skill and Black ork skill

Ability - Shadowstep - A replacement 15 point ability in the assault tree. This ability works as a gap closer. Its a 2s cast, 20s cooldown ability which additionally grants you a 10s buff which currently grants 25% parry/dodge/disrupt defences and AA speed

The impacts are goong to be pretty similar except that there is no downside to the SW skill, ok 2 sec cast with pounce like thing that may be annoying but nothing equivalent to only doing 80% damage on other targets , nothing on debuff like heal and wounds.
Bit confused as to why one class is treated so differently, could not find a downside on any other 15 point skill.
I think you missed the +20% damage in your whine, sorry you wot!?!!!, which synergizes quite well with other dmg increase features of the BO. Also last time I checked it was burst who killed targets.
inactive

Acidic

Post#27 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:03 pm

Ugle wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:56 pm
Acidic wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:22 pm One thing I don’t follow is the level of the risk. When looking at SW 15 point skill and Black ork skill

I think you missed the +20% damage in your whine, sorry you wot!?!!!, which synergizes quite well with other dmg increase features of the BO. Also last time I checked it was burst who killed targets.
Nope, don’t think I misses 20% damage increase as AA increase is an increase in damage to all targeted enemie, same same but different.
But apart from this the question is why risk reward is applying more to one class than another

Acidic

Post#28 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:51 pm

Don’t get me wrong, I am a massive fan on the way things are going and I saw the text with the release that it was experimental.
My feedback is in two parts one it’s a bit brutal in current mode and two can we expect the risk part to spread to others.
Btw thx for response.

Ads
wolas3214

Post#29 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:33 am

This was a really depressing read after i was so excited to try the black orc with a friend of mine.

A SNB borc that aint dealing damage just doesnt feel right. Why pick him over any other tank now?

DokB

Post#30 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:51 am

What was the reasoning for THC being made 2h only by the way? I must have missed that dicussion somewhere.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard