Recent Topics

Ads

[Zealot] Some more questions

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
ademai

[Zealot] Some more questions

Post#1 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:28 am

I. Is the zealot able to outheal incoming damage in a 1 vs. 1 situation?
- This is a biased question, and highly tied to situation, gear and skill. But it has been in my experience that a rank 40 zealot with toughness and armour talismans struggles to survive any 1 on 1 encounters, let alone answer back with any sustainable dps.

II. Is the Zealot a viable dd class, or is the dps skills just for pve levling?
- From practical experience, I haven't seen many dd zealots, and I understand why they are rare. Also from what I've read on this forum, they are somewhat of an hated exotic niche by everyone expecting a heal.

III. Does the Ritual of Innervation from Path of Alchemy work on melee auto-attack on RoR?
- This used to applied on auto-attacks, but it was greatly bugged with any other skill increasing attack speed.

IV. Does the Transference tactic and the Ritual of Lunacy apply the direct heal effect?
- Also what about morale skills, I'm guessing they don't, but I'm stil wondering.

Ads
dalinvar

Re: [Zealot] Some more questions

Post#2 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:04 am

following

Dabbart

Post#3 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:30 am

Spoiler:
ademai wrote:I. Is the zealot able to outheal incoming damage in a 1 vs. 1 situation?
- This is a biased question, and highly tied to situation, gear and skill. But it has been in my experience that a rank 40 zealot with toughness and armour talismans struggles to survive any 1 on 1 encounters, let alone answer back with any sustainable dps.

- From practical experience, I haven't seen many dd zealots, and I understand why they are rare. Also from what I've read on this forum, they are somewhat of an hated exotic niche by everyone expecting a heal.

III. Does the Ritual of Innervation from Path of Alchemy work on melee auto-attack on RoR?
- This used to applied on auto-attacks, but it was greatly bugged with any other skill increasing attack speed.

IV. Does the Transference tactic and the Ritual of Lunacy apply the direct heal effect?
- Also what about morale skills, I'm guessing they don't, but I'm stil wondering.
1. Yes. Especially if you are intelligent and Detaunt the correct target. Z's have Detaunt and Embrace the Warp(Decreases all inc damage by 50% for 10s and can't be set back while casting), + demonic fortitude(+150ish wounds) and I can stand there can flash heal/cleanse through nearly anyone's DPS cycle. Obviously, particular players/classes can melt you in a few GcDs, but the detaunt is Key.

Edit: You can also spec for the Stagger which is invaluable in an organized group(see wont break your stagger cause Lulz), or Winds of Insanity, which is an awesome AoE KB that does NOT give immunities... Amazing for Troll Tactics and survival.

2. Ignore the "hated by anyone expecting a heal". This game is BYOH. Bring Your Own Healer. DDZ is fun, but not very effective. You can be a heal-debuff machine however, and your ST spec can rough up someones day in a hurry. Overall though, it's best for PvE and goofing around.

3. AFAIK Ennervation only works on melee Abilities. Not the AA. I rarely find it helpful for my team, Lunacy is a good Aura, think of it as a stationary group HoT.

4. No they do not. Zealots have 3 Direct Heals, Flash of Chaos, Elixer of Dark Blessing, and your grp heal. (Technically Dark Medicine, but you should never use this. Waste of AP/CT/GcD honestly.)
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

eks

Post#4 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:38 pm

Dabbart wrote: 1. Yes. Especially if you are intelligent and Detaunt the correct target. Z's have Detaunt and Embrace the Warp(Decreases all inc damage by 50% for 10s and can't be set back while casting), + demonic fortitude(+150ish wounds) and I can stand there can flash heal/cleanse through nearly anyone's DPS cycle. Obviously, particular players/classes can melt you in a few GcDs, but the detaunt is Key.

Edit: You can also spec for the Stagger which is invaluable in an organized group(see wont break your stagger cause Lulz), or Winds of Insanity, which is an awesome AoE KB that does NOT give immunities... Amazing for Troll Tactics and survival.
One thing that helped me survive was lowering my chance to be crit to 0% through a combination of spending renown points and full Merc. You'll lose a lot of heal crit going Merc instead of Anni/Ruin but helps against burst dps a lot. So there ya go.
Doutin Tomasson, Runepriest - Bitterstone Thunderers
Tomservo Rowsdower, Engineer
Roi, KotBS
Eks, Zealot

Dabbart

Post#5 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:28 pm

That's based on spec. But yea. Defensive stats are key. I stack toughness with 2 wounds tails in full merc. Unbuffed I have 650 toughness, 620 wounds, 1680 armor, and .4% chance to be crit.

Even with all of that though, you HAVE a to detaunt.

Some specs require Anni for the mastery point though. I stack crap out wounds then, so that with Demonic Fortitude I'd have 960 wounds and 6% chance to be crit.

Also, regardless of spec, run CW3. The if you want to survive continuously, it is key.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

ToXoS

Post#6 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:10 pm

Dabbart wrote:
Spoiler:
ademai wrote:I. Is the zealot able to outheal incoming damage in a 1 vs. 1 situation?

1. Yes. Especially if you are intelligent and Detaunt the correct target. Z's have Detaunt and Embrace the Warp(Decreases all inc damage by 50% for 10s and can't be set back while casting), + demonic fortitude(+150ish wounds) and I can stand there can flash heal/cleanse through nearly anyone's DPS cycle. Obviously, particular players/classes can melt you in a few GcDs, but the detaunt is Key.

2. Ignore the "hated by anyone expecting a heal". This game is BYOH. Bring Your Own Healer. DDZ is fun, but not very effective. You can be a heal-debuff machine however, and your ST spec can rough up someones day in a hurry. Overall though, it's best for PvE and goofing around.

3. AFAIK Ennervation only works on melee Abilities. Not the AA. I rarely find it helpful for my team, Lunacy is a good Aura, think of it as a stationary group HoT.

4. No they do not. Zealots have 3 Direct Heals, Flash of Chaos, Elixer of Dark Blessing, and your grp heal. (Technically Dark Medicine, but you should never use this. Waste of AP/CT/GcD honestly.)
I hope I'm not necro-ing too much here, but are you sure that Rituel of Innervation only works on melee abilities? because the tooltip doesn't mention that.

Valfaros

Post#7 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:25 pm

ToXoS wrote:
I hope I'm not necro-ing too much here, but are you sure that Rituel of Innervation only works on melee abilities? because the tooltip doesn't mention that.
Ritual works on every abbility that does dmg. Not sure if dots work I don't think so but definitly everything that does direct dmg.

On the question about dps zealot. It works kinda I play one myself. You can go aoe which is a pretty solid spec for AoE warbands and every warband benefits from atleast one AoE zealot.
You can also go for single dmg (alchemy and witchcraft) which I run atm. Fairly good for focus grps so e.g. sorc/zealot or magus/zealot if you know what you have to do. However since the strong corp resistance debuff from zealot got scrapped long long ago because of the harbinger change it can be very lackluster to play with witchcraft especially against high resistance players.