Recent Topics

Ads

which caster for dps/self-healing

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
bloodi
Suspended

Re: which caster for dps/self-healing

Post#11 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:24 pm

Daknallbomb wrote:Hmm not true. Am is the better survivor in dps spec and sustained dmg. Shammy has massiv more burst dmg than am But less survivor abbility in dps spec. Zealot is a aoe dps Fluff creator.
Is easy to claim things but you also have to say why.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#12 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:27 pm

bloodi wrote:There is no similarity between Am and afflcition lock besides them having damages over time.
4 dots (affli lock had corruption, unstable affliction, curse of agony, seed of corruption, haunt), self-healing via one dot (corruption and haunt healed), ap drain (affl lock had mana drain), limited DD via searing touch and radiant lance (affl lock had shadow bolt and drain soul/life). similarities are uncanny, it's the most similar class to affl lock, and this is from pov of an affli lock who spammed 3s/2s

btw i'm talking about 3.3.5 affli lock (aka the only patch in wow's pvp history that is worth mentioning, as most competitive pvpers would agree. legion is decent, to be fair, but still young)

also everything dankal said is true: dps shaman has more burst via ere we go, toughness debuff, da big waagh, whereas am is more limited to sustained (spike potential if you spec dissipating energies but you then miss out on silence)

bloodi
Suspended

Post#13 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:37 pm

Again, having the same number of dots means nothing, if you actually check what the aff lock dots do then its clear they are not even in the same universe.

Corruption is your main hitting dot while UA is something that covers it up and not in the "i cast this first so the other one doesnt get cleansed" war like cover, in Wotlk dispelling UA did 10k + 5 second silence on 20k+hp pools.

Seed of corruption was something to give aff locks some aoe, which was worthless in 99% of the pvp situatuations, yeah i killed a bunch of people in AV once with it but it was not used much even in PVE, thats how irrelevant it was.

Haunt is not a dot, is a debuff with a direct damage component, it made your dots hit harder and gave you hp back equal to the amount od damage it did.

No lock worth its salt ever used shadowbolt outside nightfall procs, you just cant afford getting locked out of shadow, so you spammed searing pain, which hitted hard enough and was a short cast time, if you get interrupted you would get locked out of destruction abilities, which was like, who cares.

Aff locks had silenced and a personal dispell in the felhunter, gigantic survival cds like popping insta summon for the voidwalker shield, healthstones, the pvp trinket, **** teleports, aoe fear, single target fear, a spell that locked retards who didnt realize leaving tree of life form meant i couldnt chain cc them forever.

I played a ton of afflock in wotlk, they are nothing similar, is like saying BW and aff lock are similar because flashfire and nightfall gave you a free no cast time nuke even if one is on disrupts and the other was a proc chance out of corruption damage.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#14 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:37 pm

bloodi wrote:
Daknallbomb wrote:Hmm not true. Am is the better survivor in dps spec and sustained dmg. Shammy has massiv more burst dmg than am But less survivor abbility in dps spec. Zealot is a aoe dps Fluff creator.
Is easy to claim things but you also have to say why.
So Wy : am dmg is more dot based than shammy thats Wy am is more sustained dmg so am has more Problems to burst ppl down. Shammy dont need dots to Make dmg. Shammy use burst Rotation so He can better bring healed Enemy down But have less pressure When The Enemy is still alive after a Rotation. Zealot only viable build is aoe dmg all with low burst good Thing here is aoe heal debuff But nearly no effektiv single target build.
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

bloodi
Suspended

Post#15 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:40 pm

That only talks about how better the burst rotation is, while i am talking of them group wise, having a cd = uptime healdebuff makes them way more desirable than a shammie with a 30secs cd/10 secs uptime healdebuff.

Also you claimed am had more survival, which is bonkers considering the gobbo tactics. You have yet to explain why.

peterthepan3

Post#16 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:41 pm

bloodi wrote:Again, having the same number of dots means nothing, if you actually check what the aff lock dots do then its clear they are not even in the same universe.

Corruption is your main hitting dot while UA is something that covers it up and not in the "i cast this first so the other one doesnt get cleansed" war like cover, in Wotlk dispelling UA did 10k + 5 second silence on 20k+hp pools.

Seed of corruption was something to give aff locks some aoe, which was worthless in 99% of the pvp situatuations, yeah i killed a bunch of people in AV once with it but it was not used much even in PVE, thats how irrelevant it was.

Haunt is not a dot, is a debuff with a direct damage component, it made your dots hit harder and gave you hp back equal to the amount od damage it did.

No lock worth its salt ever used shadowbolt outside nightfall procs, you just cant afford getting locked out of shadow, so you spammed searing pain, which hitted hard enough and was a short cast time, if you get interrupted you would get locked out of destruction abilities, which was like, who cares.

Aff locks had silenced and a personal dispell in the felhunter, gigantic survival cds like popping insta summon for the voidwalker shield, healthstones, the pvp trinket, **** teleports, aoe fear, single target fear, a spell that locked retards who didnt realize leaving tree of life form meant i couldnt chain cc them forever.

I played a ton of afflock in wotlk, they are nothing similar, is like saying BW and aff lock are similar because flashfire and nightfall gave you a free no cast time nuke even if one is on disrupts and the other was a proc chance out of corruption damage.
I didn't say the affli lock is an archmage. archmage is the most similar class. the dots aren't the same, but it's the RELIANCE on said dots, the SELF-HEALING, the ability to shut down healers with ap drain and heal debuff, the survivability. obviously there's loads of stuff that makes them different lol. no class in the game has half the stuff you mentioned the lock had, hence why I said most similar to. I mentioned Haunt because it gives you life back upon completion (AM has lifetapping potential too, and an ability to increase the dmg of your own dots)

also you wouldn't spam searing pain, that's bollocks. Drain life was your filler. you used searing pain to fake a silence/destro lockout, and to incr corr duration

Drain Life is the main filler. When full dots are up and the setting phase is over, use it. Searing pain does more damage and is a fire treed spell so if you get CSed on it, you can still get pressure by shadow tree. Drain Life is channeled so it can go through LoS and it can give Shadow Trance procs. Searing Pain should be used only to bait interrupts. EG: One opposite member is low and one of the others have CS ready. You can risk to fake their CS or cast Searing Pain. Think about it. The possibility that they will instant interrupt you is very high as they are expecting you to cast something to harm their low member. So cast Searing Pain and /lol at them.
Drain Life for Corruption. This is a must-do move that I know many warlocks missed it. Corruption's full duration (18 sec) can be reached in 3 ways: by casting Haunt, Shadow Bolt AND Drain Life on someone already corrupted. Yes, Drain Life makes 14 sec Corruption up to a 18 sec one. Is a good new way to start the dot rotation with 18 sec Corruption. More damage with only 0.1 channeled cast of Drain Life.

on another note: I'd love to see a fear in this game =D
Last edited by peterthepan3 on Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dalinvar

Post#17 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:47 pm

ok guys, so am and shammy are okay for the role. That's why i will try shammy at first.

But I would like also to give a try to rp and zeal.
Runepriest and zealot look like they are not capable of being in a decent dps role. I repeat i don't care about 2k crit dmg, just I like the hybrid playstyle.

No one dps rp/zeal veteran here?

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#18 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:52 pm

bloodi wrote:That only talks about how better the burst rotation is, while i am talking of them group wise, having a cd = uptime healdebuff makes them way more desirable than a shammie with a 30secs cd/10 secs uptime healdebuff.

Also you claimed am had more survival, which is bonkers considering the gobbo tactics. You have yet to explain why.
Okay looks like you have youre opinion so Wy discuss? If u dont wanna hear what ppl that are expirent players with am shammy. If u wanna talk about grp viable play so am and shammy both dont need heal debuff If second dd has IT. Thats Just a Thing about setup. Fact is to bring ppl down you need burst. Am has no rly burst, shammy has. Its all about what u wanna do. Solo both are viable u can Make Tons of renown and kill nearly every one 1on1. But Just to say am is the better dps is... Not true . Both have pro and con.
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Ads
ToXoS

Post#19 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:59 pm

dalinvar wrote:ok guys, so am and shammy are okay for the role. That's why i will try shammy at first.

But I would like also to give a try to rp and zeal.
Runepriest and zealot look like they are not capable of being in a decent dps role. I repeat i don't care about 2k crit dmg, just I like the hybrid playstyle.

No one dps rp/zeal veteran here?
Zealot can be good at life drain with the tactic "transference" and "boon of Tzeentch" ability. I'm not a veteran for any classes of this game, that's just what I experienced when I tried zealot.
Last edited by ToXoS on Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bloodi
Suspended

Post#20 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:00 pm

Daknallbomb wrote:[Okay looks like you have youre opinion so Wy discuss? .
I gave you my reasons why, i asked you to give yours, if you dont want to do so, indeed, why discuss at all?
peterthepan3 wrote:also you wouldn't spam searing pain, that's bollocks. Drain life was your filler. you used searing pain to fake a silence/destro lockout, and to incr corr duration
If no one is ever going to interrupt you, indeed life drain is good because it refreshes and you can cut it anytime and still get damage, however, spamming searing pain is what you will do a lot of the time because you cant afford to get locked out of shadow and have 8 secs of you just standing there.

If there is no chance to get interrupted, sure, life drain away, in my experience back then, i coudlnt afford to do it much.