Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] Demons management

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Tankbeardz

Re: [Magus] Demons management

Post#31 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:17 pm

Tesq wrote:have undefitable skill is not good just to kill tanks that's just an addition to make em feel the pain of festering arrow....it makes the averange dmg of your character a lot better ...think about engi.....wh...or base dam hold the line spam which make a simple bw disrupt at 30% which make 1/3 of your dmg go to hell.

Also give a free disarm or be disrupt just better spam frf, and you also don't waste 1 mastery pt.
If you disarm you cannot KD i prefer leave a tanks the chance to KD or someone silence it.
Meh...I mainly use the magus disarm as a 2s high burst ability but I have used it to help reduce the stress when the backline is getting pushed. It hits hard as hell.

I'm not sure what you are talking about with engi exactly or how you compare festering arrow to FRF...you simply can't compare the abilities since there is no UF for magus.

In a ST build engi has much faster burst + FF and it is much easier to get kills than it is for ST magus.

In a magnet/rift spec...magus does much better damage because your spammable burst isn't mitigated based on armor values.
Last edited by Tankbeardz on Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Tankbeardz

Post#32 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:18 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Tankbeardz wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:Spamming FRF doesn't kill anybody.
Undefendable = you lose a vital tactic.

In what environments are you testing this out?
I would only disagree with this if FM was up and you led with BoC. I've killed many players that way =P.
M2 aside and, as you said, in conjunction with BoC. On its own? Nah.
Agreed...Duo Magus 6v6 brah?

Tesq

Post#33 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:28 pm

i test this stuff in sc of course since it's the best way to test st stuff.

peterthepan3

Post#34 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:46 pm

Tankbeardz wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:
Tankbeardz wrote:
I would only disagree with this if FM was up and you led with BoC. I've killed many players that way =P.
Find the people and we can relive the magic :)

Tankbeardz

Post#35 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:02 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Tankbeardz wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:
Find the people and we can relive the magic :)
Next time I will have my RRs trained :shock: .

flatfoot1987

Post#36 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:07 am

Excuse me for posting in an ancient thread but I don't feel like I should start a new one.

Got a fresh powerleveled magus in T4 (r37/rr2x currently) with 5/5 ruin, epic quest staff and some uncommon/rare int+wounds rings.

Playing havoc spec and my rotation mostly consists of appropriate dots (WS+BT from havoc tree, IB when possible), bolt of change, MBF, surge of insanity, occasional FRF. Got 3 tactic slots so it's endless knowledge, surging power and chaos unleashed.

The problem is that with these long cast times anything I'm trying to kill usually leaves line of sight as soon as my spells start to land. The burst isn't really that high even if it crits so they usually end up getting healed or simply get away. Some die of dot effects but that's pretty rare.

Obviously there's still a lot to do about the renown and gear setup but I don't feel like a lot is gonna change even if my damage goes up noticeably.

I mostly used to play melee careers on live servers, but I also had a T3 engineer back in the "end times" for live servers when T3 was capped at R39. I had him specced into grenadier tree and I did well with all these dots stacked and shorter cast times.

I don't have IFOC yet. does it help a lot? Should I try focusing path of changing playstyle with shorter range and shorter cast times?

Now I don't feel like dropping the magus as I generally favor underdog and underpopulated clasess (I mained a marauder back when no one played them on live :d) but I'm not sure if there's a way to make it competitive enoguh even with these changes implemented on RoR.

Should I just wait it out and get geared up a little? Or starting, say, a SH is a better bet? I usually pug scenarios or roam solo.
Last edited by flatfoot1987 on Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Murdock - Marauder
Gromyka - IB
Agnostic - WP

TheSockPuppet
Suspended

Post#37 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:07 am

Welcome to the magus experience!

First, here's your main build if you are going ST havoc RoR.builders - Magus

Cheat the last point in with ruin set 5 bonus (and later the merc set bonus...if you ever get the damn thing with that laughably low drop rate for the officer's emblems). Boc, IFoC and the extra crit are the core, extra range and PotW are secondary picks (your choise in the order of acquition), you may also want to drop the extra range entirely for surging power, but good luck casting surging insanity after throwing your BoC in the air.

Your rotation is: First you apply the dots, (NOT IB FOR THE LOVE OF TZEENTCH, getting into melee range to cast that thing is suicide and you are losing precious time you could use to cast more important spells!) which are BT, WS, GM in that order (you need to be at least 65/80 feet in to cast IB, but i would say that 65 feet is the best range to engage the enemy in a fight so you won't lose sight of them, so try to see this as a lesson in positioning). Now that the dots are applied, you unleash the bass cannon! BotC->SoI->SVF->IfoC till the bitter end.

Your stat priorities are Crit% <- Int <- Wounds

And that's it...good luck and praise Tzeentch!

P.s (Well, you are not the killer rdps class, you are the riftbot with the dream of being something bigger and then you break into a musical number with daemons suddenly appearing left and right doing dance routines...you get the picture)

P.s2 (It would be a good idea to start a new thread instead of reanimating an old one in the near future...and truth to be told that wasn't even the best thread to reanimate)

flatfoot1987

Post#38 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:01 am

Well that's pretty comprehensive, thanks. I actually leveled up and now that I got both BoC, +15% havoc tree crit tactic and IFOC things seem to pick up a lil bit. IFOC helps to finish people off. I really wish there was a healdebuff though (tbh every dps in ror should have one as the game is too heavy on healing).

Maintaining range and landing spells is the problem for me as I often end up getting melee'd to death. I guess I always overestimate the definition of a "defensive ranged fighter" as it's described on char creation screen.
Murdock - Marauder
Gromyka - IB
Agnostic - WP

Ads