Recent Topics

Ads

[Zealot] Harbinger of Doom as DPS thoughts

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Dabbart

Re: [Zealot] Harbinger of Doom as DPS thoughts

Post#41 » Wed May 10, 2017 7:22 pm

Read the OP you mental midget.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#42 » Wed May 10, 2017 9:09 pm

I have 3 questions.

Why wy?

Why you guys get personal?

Why don't you both take a room?
Dying is no option.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#43 » Wed May 10, 2017 9:35 pm

aww iam just raging a bit because he damnit dont understand it ..... i asked for pm for flame btw :D
iam out here makes no sense to talk to him ... he has his opinion and that has to be 100 % right nothing else here -.-
moment that makes emotional if someone dont get it in his head iam sry about it and iam rly out here now .... have to cool down
and rly i dont say anything about primitiv personal attacks like last thread -.-
and still MY opinons to OP
No iam against to change that because it should be run like it is now ! :D to get all things together
you are dps you make dmg
you can switch to heal if needed
but you cant switch back to dps again because of 20 sec cd
right ?
and wy i like it ?
because you have to use youre brain when you have to switch , and normaly you dont have to because in a grp is a healer
and changes about solo or pug things is a thing that noone should care !
thats my toughts about that ...
if someone is not happy with that and has another one its okay we live in a free eehm server ? ;D
op asked about thought and thats mine .
still dont know where the problem is that op still bitch me arorund
*edit* sorry for my bad english i can speak just 4 languages good english is not one of these !
but i think ppl can understand what iam writing
Last edited by Daknallbomb on Wed May 10, 2017 9:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Dabbart

Post#44 » Wed May 10, 2017 9:39 pm

... Dear god. Please. Take a moment when you post. Reread what you are writing, and make an effort for it to be both readable and understandable in the language you are writing it.
And the very least put it through a spell check so we have a chance to understand what you are trying to say.

Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#45 » Wed May 10, 2017 9:46 pm

Dabbart wrote:... Dear god. Please. Take a moment when you post. Reread what you are writing, and make an effort for it to be both readable and understandable in the language you are writing it.
And the very least put it through a spell check so we have a chance to understand what you are trying to say.
any useful input ?
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Aleteh

Post#46 » Wed May 10, 2017 9:49 pm

Dabbart wrote:... Dear god. Please. Take a moment when you post. Reread what you are writing, and make an effort for it to be both readable and understandable in the language you are writing it.
I think google translate is better at this point.
Inglorious Basterds & BLOOD - Karak Azgal

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#47 » Wed May 10, 2017 9:53 pm

Aleteh wrote:
I think google translate is better at this point.
Ty for that :) But that helps noone too :(

sonorous

Post#48 » Wed May 10, 2017 11:51 pm

Hmm

If I am taking damage or a team mate is taking damage and because of the poor lifetap abilities in the dps runepriest repetoire I cant keep someone alive, unless I switch back to normal heals.

Being locked in heals for 20 seconds means that any kill threat I have been slowly building with dots , healdrbuff tactics and ok dd goes away.
That would be fair HOWEVER because of the way u have to spec for dps rp(25% more dmg tactic 20% less heals and bc glowy hands moves ur heal crit to magic crit ) u essentially are a subpar ranged dps with less group heals and self sustain than an am/sham or wp/dok. Bear in mind an important rp heal proc is crit based.

Being able to switch in and out of heals and damage would seriously improve the class. 5 sec is 2gcds and 1 group heal. You can spec full heals and get damage dots ➕ lifedtain dot ➕ proc healdebuff ➕ direct dmg channel --> switch to heal ➕ reapply hots ➕ maybe grp heal || direct heal and then switch back to dmg mode. Also use the stagger if there is an opportunity.

Question is will 5 secs let rps/zealots become too powerful. U can swap straight to heals to alleviate team pressure and jump back into dmg mode and provide a lot of utility and ok damage. On the other hand this would solve the poor sustain an rp has when in dmg mode without having to change specific abilities so that they dnt give up pressure when their or allies health are low.

Disclaimer: I've never had any success with dps rp so just read this with a pinch of salt. There's alot better guys out there.
Kolland & Irolland

Ads
dansari

Post#49 » Thu May 11, 2017 3:21 am

Sure but would dps z outperform dps sham with this suggested change?
<Salt Factory>

Dabbart

Post#50 » Thu May 11, 2017 3:30 am

Well. I don't think you can use the example from a Heal Z perspective. Because, currently you can swap out and back in as you wish. Placing a 5s CD would mean if you started at heal, swapped, then swapped back, you would face 2 5s CDs, vs 1 20s CD upon returning to heal mode. It would actually make it less worthwhile to swap to glowy hands to drop your stagger then swap back, since you are stuck for 2 GcDs.

The DPS oriented Z/RP, whom starts in DPS, swaps to heal, then swaps back to Dps gains the same, but it is front loaded, in that you "save" 15s upon the first switch.

However, my 2nd option for QoL(as posted in OP) would simply make Divine Fury "swap" how the mechanic works. So a DPS could swap into then out of heal mode, and receive the CD upon returning to DPS mode. That would be my preference(as I stated in OP), mostly because it doesn't change the actual mechanic or CD numbers at all, and therefor seems "removed" from balance issues. (Note: shooting in the dark that this is possible. I am believing it is since it doesn't add anything "new". But I don't do any coding here)

I don't believe anyone could make the argument that a DPS oriented Z is "better" than sham. In really anyway. They actually get to utilize their career mechanic regardless of spec.