[Zealot] Harbinger of Doom as DPS thoughts

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
roadkillrobin

Re: [Zealot] Harbinger of Doom as DPS thoughts

Post#51 » Thu May 11, 2017 4:20 am

The original mechanic of RP/Zealot was actually the Marks. The RoB/HoD wasn't added until much later in the game. Zealot/RP was designed to be a free for all healer/dps hybrid. You heal when you want and dps when you want. Mastery trees hints about this. Speciallization was never meant to be healer or dps but rathef ST burst, ST over time and AoE heals AND dps. This failed just as hard as the melee healing WP/DoK and combo points building of AM/Sham due to hybrid healers not working in a burst meta.

What i think really needs working on on Zealot and RP is the Marks. 2 of the buffs are absolute crapp and last one is used due to it doesn't overlap with anything elsr. And the abillities geanted (except for the ressurect) are just awfull. I have a couple sugestions for the marks. First one giving the effect of the buff on steriods when used for 10 seconds. Power buffs INT/STR/BS for 240 instead of 80 for example. 2 suggestion is giving the granted abillity a self heal for the class based on mark. Power gives 1600 Instant att full effect at 40. Over time gives 2600 HoT for 9 secs and AoE one a 600 groupheal.

RoB and HoD should imo be scrapped and they should have a 1:1 ratio on int/will and heal crit/magic crit using the highest vallue from gear consistantly.

Ads
lilsabin

Post#52 » Thu May 11, 2017 5:51 am

roadkillrobin wrote:The original mechanic of RP/Zealot was actually the Marks. The RoB/HoD wasn't added until much later in the game. Zealot/RP was designed to be a free for all healer/dps hybrid. You heal when you want and dps when you want. Mastery trees hints about this. Speciallization was never meant to be healer or dps but rathef ST burst, ST over time and AoE heals AND dps. This failed just as hard as the melee healing WP/DoK and combo points building of AM/Sham due to hybrid healers not working in a burst meta.

What i think really needs working on on Zealot and RP is the Marks. 2 of the buffs are absolute crapp and last one is used due to it doesn't overlap with anything elsr. And the abillities geanted (except for the ressurect) are just awfull. I have a couple sugestions for the marks. First one giving the effect of the buff on steriods when used for 10 seconds. Power buffs INT/STR/BS for 240 instead of 80 for example. 2 suggestion is giving the granted abillity a self heal for the class based on mark. Power gives 1600 Instant att full effect at 40. Over time gives 2600 HoT for 9 secs and AoE one a 600 groupheal.

RoB and HoD should imo be scrapped and they should have a 1:1 ratio on int/will and heal crit/magic crit using the highest vallue from gear consistantly.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=21151&p=234537#p234537

roadkillrobin

Post#53 » Thu May 11, 2017 7:58 am

Yeah i've read it.
The Developing side of this project could really use some class conceptionlizeers working in conjunction with overall realm ballance moderators to make every classes play as intended and the ballance mod make sure the concept is ballanced. Sadly resources are pretty spare and it all seems to come from the same source in the past.
Wich means that if a class is in a decent state of ballance, noone trying fix the stuff that isn't working all that well with the class. Wich leads to a game were theres one definate best spec and a bunch of unused abillities and tactics.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#54 » Thu May 11, 2017 2:18 pm

dansari wrote:Sure but would dps z outperform dps sham with this suggested change?
No dpsz wont! Only Thing is a better heal debuff via tactic! But that has nothing to do with The topic here! Iam a big friend from cut life taps from am / shammy because iam no friend from dps chars that can heal that easy and much.
Dpsz needs other work, thats Another Thing and needs Another thread. And mirroring shammy and Zealot makes no sense. Would be Same like mirroring Choppa an marauder or something Else.
I think The mechanic of switching is good like it is now.
But there are Tons of other Things that could be changed ( But thats a balance thread than)
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy