Recent Topics

Ads

Chosen Build?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Arconnn

Re: Chosen Build?

Post#11 » Fri May 26, 2017 7:11 pm

Luuca wrote:Completely disagree.

Oppression:
330 armor and 15% damage reduction for a tank isn't worth it. You should not be the focus until the end and soaking Guard damage shouldn't need 15% Damage reduction IMO.

Sprout Carapace:
100 AP, 825 armor, and 315 resists for 30 seconds

100 ap = 4 attacks? maybe
825 Armor (after buffs) is actually +450 armor +/-
315 Resists means less in a higher RR group because of diminished returns.

With the Winds ring set, my resists are already all orange when I have my aura up. Many of my usual 6-man players are close to soft cap with aura as well.

Yes, I concede that SC has MORE small benefits the ID; however, 10 seconds of 75% damage reduction has turned the tide of many SC cluster and ORvR Funnel. IMO it's the better choice.

Crippling Strikes:
CS was OP when it was AoE. Single Target 52% damage reduction based off of a 2-part combo that is heavily RNG dependent on a class with difficulty obtaining high % to crit numbers as SnB is just too iffy for me. Proccing off of Blas Wave, Backlash and throwing a blanket challenge at a group of 4 Rdps was ok, but having to target the Rdps individually, running the 60-110 feet to the target, through their CC, through their kiting, away from your mdps train, to then finally get to them, mele them until you have a CS proc, and then challenge them, and then run back to your guard target and finish off the called target. hmm. not buying it. Even if your called target is a WP, and you manage to CS proc him and challenge him, he still has options. 52%? for all that RNG and kiting and.. bleh. Not worth it IMO.
I mean, you don't go up that tree for Oppresion, you go up it for CS, Oppresion is just the cherry on top.
Sprout Carapace stacks with armor pots and resist aura.
and it's 1320 armor, 514 resists, 100 ap isn't a consideration on why you get it.

Yes, but you get debuffed on resists.

If a Black orc has his IC up every 60 seconds, which he will with the morale tactic and shaman 100%, then you'll only ever need one.
IC is crazy good, but SC + IC is better than 2 IC's every time.

CS is just as good as before, just the delivery system has changed. and from experience, It's very easy to keep it up on all targets through Seeping Wound.
And to be clear, you're not going to run out of guard range to CC someone, just like how you wouldn't do that before the change.
Eliane Radigue's disciple
Trilogie De La Mort

Ads
Luuca

Post#12 » Fri May 26, 2017 8:40 pm

Id SC stacks, and I'm not 100% sure it stacks with Pots and Auras, because NOTHING else does, then I agree Sprot Carapace is a better M4 than ID.

I still don't see the spend into Crip Strk for a RNG debuff that relies upon another debuff to stack with. Maybe for an anti-bomb group and even then, CS without the AoE delivery is simply meh.

Bozzax

Post#13 » Fri May 26, 2017 9:00 pm

No morales stack
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Arconnn

Post#14 » Fri May 26, 2017 9:01 pm

Luuca wrote:Id SC stacks, and I'm not 100% sure it stacks with Pots and Auras, because NOTHING else does, then I agree Sprot Carapace is a better M4 than ID.

I still don't see the spend into Crip Strk for a RNG debuff that relies upon another debuff to stack with. Maybe for an anti-bomb group and even then, CS without the AoE delivery is simply meh.
It does stack since it's a Morale, just like how armor tactics stack with armor pots. Test it for yourself

Take the word RNG out, because you're going to be able to keep CC on everyone at all times, tried and tested.
It works exactly the same, the only difference is the delivery system which isn't a significant enough change to make it not worth using or any less strong, it's more annoying to use, that's for sure, but that's not a worthy reason to pass up on such a strong tactic.
And you're not really relying on challenge to make it good, 52% reduction or not, It's still a 25% reduction, which on it's own is still very strong.
25% damage reduction is something you're not going to be able to pass on, It's one of the strongest tactics in the game, behind tactics such as run away and Expanded control.

Ofcourse you're not going to be able to reliably keep CC on a range target, but you never could in the first place.

they inadvertently buffed Chosen in a group setting, you can use CC just like before (though it's slightly more annoying to use, but still just as powerful as before and just as easy to keep on targets) but now you can run the morale tactic, which together with shaman you're going to be able to reach m4 every 60 seconds guaranteed.
Eliane Radigue's disciple
Trilogie De La Mort

Panzerkasper

Post#15 » Fri May 26, 2017 10:07 pm

Arconnn wrote:It does stack since it's a Morale, just like how armor tactics stack with armor pots. Test it for yourself...
I can confirm this. Thats why SC is quite good, because it takes alot of pressure from the group.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen